This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 323640 times)

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #1110 on: March 05, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »

I'm not that naive to think or say that they do not chirp each other at all on the ice...I myself play and know that it does happen. However when you have good sportsmanship it is left on the ice and some even are friends off the ice, even after they have blown them up mid game.

My gripe is with the parents...if you are going to stand up and yell over towards the ice to a kid or cheer if anything happens to him on the ice is a bit much, but maybe asking for maturity or class from the grown adults is too much.

I would agree....there was some REAL low quality parenting going on at the Bantam AA Playdowns just over a week ago in Lakewood for sure!!!

Santino

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-5
« Reply #1111 on: March 06, 2018, 10:10:38 AM »
Flight 2 playoffs: WOW.  Totally expected WW to take this thing.  Kudos to Mariners kids and coaches.  Have witnessed their parents in action, yes many are out of control, forget these are kids.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:23:37 AM by Santino »

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #1112 on: March 08, 2018, 10:01:48 AM »
I see that CAHA Board nominations are open! I am sure there will be more than a handful here applying in triplicate...much work to be done!  ;-)

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #1113 on: March 08, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Too bad you cannot vote

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #1114 on: March 08, 2018, 02:26:00 PM »
I nominate Kangaroo Jack  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #1115 on: March 09, 2018, 07:18:09 AM »

CAHA Director Application for 2018-2020
Any person interested in serving as a CAHA Director shall be eligible for election providing they are in good standing with both USA Hockey and CAHA. Nominations must be submitted by April 1, 2018:

I am announcing today my candidacy for the President of CAHA.

I pledge to continue in the organization’s long and proud history of shenanigans and buffoonery.  In fact, I promise MORE shenanigans and MORE buffoonery.  There is no kickback too small nor backroom agreement too shady that I won’t consider.  Hearsay will be treated as fact.  Innuendo as truth. 

Want a CAHA weekend?  You can have it!  Don’t like the PDR rule?  I can change it!  Want that investigation into your roster manipulation ended?  I’m your man!

As long as I’m getting greased, I will ALWAYS side in your favor.

I pledge to blindly support the big clubs and crush the little guy.  The big clubs can have ALL the star players, and those ambitious, pathetic small programs will take the scraps and enjoy it (looking at you California Wave!).  These are among the REAL issues in 2018.  And it is on the basis of these issues that the voting members of the Vacaville Metropolitan Area must make their fateful choice for our future.

Vote for me, and together, we can make CAHA great again!

SUPPORTED BY THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS:
The Hobo Village Bureau of Tourism
United Toll Road Collectors Union of the Greater Boston Area
The Orange Country Daddy Coaches Caucus
05 Children of Russia Hockey Placement Agency
The Ghost Players Association of Southern California
CAHA PDR Regulation Board 
The Westminster Police Department
KHS Hazmat Team & Zamboni Drivers Union
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1116 on: March 09, 2018, 08:29:55 AM »

CAHA Director Application for 2018-2020
Any person interested in serving as a CAHA Director shall be eligible for election providing they are in good standing with both USA Hockey and CAHA. Nominations must be submitted by April 1, 2018:

I am announcing today my candidacy for the President of CAHA.

I pledge to continue in the organization’s long and proud history of shenanigans and buffoonery.  In fact, I promise MORE shenanigans and MORE buffoonery.  There is no kickback too small nor backroom agreement too shady that I won’t consider.  Hearsay will be treated as fact.  Innuendo as truth. 

Want a CAHA weekend?  You can have it!  Don’t like the PDR rule?  I can change it!  Want that investigation into your roster manipulation ended?  I’m your man!

As long as I’m getting greased, I will ALWAYS side in your favor.

I pledge to blindly support the big clubs and crush the little guy.  The big clubs can have ALL the star players, and those ambitious, pathetic small programs will take the scraps and enjoy it (looking at you California Wave!).  These are among the REAL issues in 2018.  And it is on the basis of these issues that the voting members of the Vacaville Metropolitan Area must make their fateful choice for our future.

Vote for me, and together, we can make CAHA great again!

SUPPORTED BY THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS:
The Hobo Village Bureau of Tourism
United Toll Road Collectors Union of the Greater Boston Area
The Orange Country Daddy Coaches Caucus
05 Children of Russia Hockey Placement Agency
The Ghost Players Association of Southern California
CAHA PDR Regulation Board 
The Westminster Police Department
KHS Hazmat Team & Zamboni Drivers Union

Make Ca Hockey great again.

coachbombay

« Reply #1117 on: March 09, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »
that's the best post I ever read!

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #1118 on: March 09, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »
Priceless!  Just the response I was hoping for!  ;D ;D ;D

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #1119 on: March 12, 2018, 01:14:05 AM »
KJ has all 7 of my votes.  I have many "personas" so I can deliver on this believe me.  I will be using the Dark Web. 

All I ask in return is that someone locate the Flight 2 playoff stats so future generations can marvel at participant success of those lucky kids who played were experimented on in the inaugural year of AA flighting.  The Final Flight 2 insult -- poor flight 2 kids who got some playoff points don't even appear in the playoff stats.     

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1120 on: March 28, 2018, 06:45:59 AM »
So with Spring Season upon us, what are the best Bantam clinics to go to? Be honest with the pros and cons.

1 Vote for Burbank whatever Peter is doing is good.

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #1121 on: March 28, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »
So with Spring Season upon us, what are the best Bantam clinics to go to? Be honest with the pros and cons.

Just finished the weekend in Burbank at the Bears Prep School camp. Peter is hands down one of the most passionate teachers of the game. He has a very clear plan with all his teams as well as with other players that show an interest in moving on. The camp is amazing and all the schools that attend are VERY interactive with all the skaters. Prep school isn't the only option obviously, but for some (many as of late) it makes sense as far as the quality of coaching and competition that they will experience. I really wish that we'd see more teachers of the game in So Cal like Peter. There are some good coaches out there, but they're getting much harder to find, unfortunately. I now can understand why a few orange county parents chose to play for peter and make that brutal drive. Well worth it if you can make his team and can afford the time. Your kid will learn a TON about the game and most importantly. Life
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:40:41 AM by orangecone »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #1122 on: March 28, 2018, 09:58:17 AM »

Just finished the weekend in Burbank at the Bears Prep School camp. Peter is hands down one of the most passionate teachers of the game. He has a very clear plan with all his teams as well as with other players that show an interest in moving on. The camp is amazing and all the schools that attend are VERY interactive with all the skaters. Prep school isn't the only option obviously, but for some (many as of late) it makes sense as far as the quality of coaching and competition that they will experience. I really wish that we'd see more teachers of the game in So Cal like Peter. There are some good coaches out there, but they're getting much harder to find, unfortunately. I now can understand why a few orange county parents chose to play for peter and make that brutal drive. Well worth it if you can make his team and can afford the time. Your kid will learn a TON about the game and most importantly. Life
I've heard nothing  but good things about PT .
BUT.....
At this level, we've all been around the block.  There is ALWAYS a new coach De Jour, every year.  This year it's PT's turn. Next year, who knows.

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #1123 on: March 28, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »

Trevor Wada at the Wave in Artesia ain't chopped liver either.  His Wednesday scrimmages will be good.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #1124 on: March 28, 2018, 01:45:59 PM »
BUT.....
At this level, we've all been around the block.  There is ALWAYS a new coach De Jour, every year.  This year it's PT's turn. Next year, who knows.
Yeah, except for last year when he took the 02's to Nationals.  And 5 years ago when his squirts won the SCAHA championship.  That club has had some bumps but there is no doubt that the new ownership and the coaching leadership of PT have turned it around 180 degrees.  Like them or not, you gotta give credit where it's due.