This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 322462 times)

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #885 on: December 16, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »
Does anyone on here know which Jr Ducks team is coming to Colorado for the U14 AA 8Presidents Day tournament?

I'm 99% it's the Jr Ducks AA Minor team.

Thanks!

I will hit up Trans for a scouting report

A scouting report on the Jr Ducks AA 04 team? Trust me, you don't need one... ;-)

Ouch.

That bad, huh? haha

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #886 on: December 28, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
Which Jr Kings team is going to Minnesota for MLK weekend?

I see them in our bracket out there.

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #887 on: December 28, 2017, 09:33:56 AM »
Jr. Kings 1. They are doing better than most expected them to. They have three good players and their assisstant coach tries to pay man on man coverage. They try to stiffle u in neutral zone and their forwads r usually high in the d zone making it harder for points in offensive zone to become  threat. Due to forwads being highbthwy do get more breakaways. A lefy forward, who has mostly played d before, a righty d, who has played forward all his life, and an nhl player son who plays forward r the players to watch. A beatable team if u play your game. Good luck @one hockey tournament at schwann rinks where u pay $8 per day spectator fee just to watch your kid play youth hockey.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #888 on: December 28, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
Jr. Kings 1. They are doing better than most expected them to. They have three good players and their assisstant coach tries to pay man on man coverage. They try to stiffle u in neutral zone and their forwads r usually high in the d zone making it harder for points in offensive zone to become  threat. Due to forwads being highbthwy do get more breakaways. A lefy forward, who has mostly played d before, a righty d, who has played forward all his life, and an nhl player son who plays forward r the players to watch. A beatable team if u play your game. Good luck @one hockey tournament at schwann rinks where u pay $8 per day spectator fee just to watch your kid play youth hockey.

Thanks.

Yes, the fee is bullshit.

dreal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-0
« Reply #889 on: December 29, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »

Update from the Great White North...Burnaby British Columbia,  Pat Quinn Classic Quarterfinal. 

OCHC1             9
Burbank Bears  3

Not a mis-print.  Bears eliminated!!   OCHC 1 advances to Semi-Finals tomorrow!

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #890 on: December 29, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #891 on: January 04, 2018, 09:10:01 AM »
Happy New Year! Wow these boards have been quiet lately.   :(
(Probably because Wada Wave is in Sweden lol)

Anyways, I noticed that Kings 1 have 3 coaches suspended for a few games in this upcoming CAHA weekend.
Looks like something to do with Silversticks in early Dec. (15 penalties! what the heck!)
Any details?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #892 on: January 06, 2018, 02:12:52 PM »
A few WW players and their families  got stuck in Copenhagen.  Connecting flight was cancelled to L.A.  Both goalies, Fwd and A D-man and coach are out for tomorrows game vs Valencia.

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #893 on: January 06, 2018, 07:29:37 PM »
Bummer.  If it's just a Scaha game, maybe Flyers can lend one of their net minders.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #894 on: January 07, 2018, 08:12:46 AM »
A few WW players and their families  got stuck in Copenhagen.  Connecting flight was cancelled to L.A.  Both goalies, Fwd and A D-man and coach are out for tomorrows game vs Valencia.

Already making excuses I see.  ;D

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #895 on: January 07, 2018, 07:26:04 PM »
Any updates on ducks 1, gse 1 game today. Didn’t see updates on caha for this game. They have all other games posted.

Rainman

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-4
« Reply #896 on: January 07, 2018, 08:38:21 PM »
Forgot score but ducks won

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #897 on: January 16, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »
Back after a mid season leave of absence.....

This weeks picks.....

jr bennys                          VS                            MARINERS              MARINERS BY 5....SCRATCH THAT BY 7 bf STILL OWES ME $$

Da BEARS                                                          EMPIRE                   DBS BY 4 ...GAP IS CLOSING

JR FLYERS                          VS                           SAINTS                    SAINTS BY 2

JK2                                     VS                            OC1                          OC1 BY 5

JK1                                      VS                           OC2                         JK1 BY 6

LADY DUCKS                      VS                            WAVE 1                   WAVE BY 3

JD1                                      VS                            WW                         JDs over little 04s by 2

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

Santino

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-5
« Reply #898 on: January 19, 2018, 11:26:06 AM »
Is there a new blog that everybody went to? Calhockey is crickets lately.

Let's stir it up hopefully and talk prematurely and pointlessly about playdowns.

Question #1: Flight 1: 5 teams are still mathematically eligible for the #6/7/8 spots at this point, though Wave1 and OC1 would have to run the table and GSE1 would have to lose all remaining.  With that said, assume Wave1 and OC1 don't make top 8, leaving either GSE1, Blackhawks or Sharks in #8 spot. Stay with me here.  This means winner of Flight 2 plays the tie breaker somewhere in NorCal, yes?

Question #2: Flight 2 - who wins? Three in the running: Saints, Wave 2 and Mariners. Wave2 so hot and cold, I count them out right now. Could come down to one game - Mariners/Saints Feb 4.  I pick Saints 3-1, Saints go to NorCal for tiebreaker (?).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:32:51 AM by Santino »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #899 on: January 19, 2018, 11:41:22 AM »
Is there a new blog that everybody went to? Calhockey is crickets lately.

Let's stir it up hopefully and talk prematurely and pointlessly about playdowns.

Question #1: Flight 1: 5 teams are still mathematically eligible for the #6/7/8 spots at this point, though Wave1 and OC1 would have to run the table and GSE1 would have to lose all remaining.  With that said, assume Wave1 and OC1 don't make top 8, leaving either GSE1, Blackhawks or Sharks in #8 spot. Stay with me here.  This means winner of Flight 2 plays the tie breaker somewhere in NorCal, yes?

Question #2: Flight 2 - who wins? Three in the running: Saints, Wave 2 and Mariners. Wave2 so hot and cold, I count them out right now. Could come down to one game - Mariners/Saints Feb 4.  I pick Saints 3-1, Saints go to NorCal for tiebreaker (?).
As far as I could tell it's like this...

SAINTS
      Run the table they are in
WAVE
      Needs to run the table and help from someone (Mariners)
      To beat/tie the Saints.
MARINERS
    Need to run the table i.e. beat Saints and WW   (No easy feat)
    If they can do that they deserve to go.