This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324422 times)

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2017, 07:05:22 PM »
Ducks (1) beat Wave (1) 5-2. 

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »
Empire beat Wada Wave 4-0.

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2017, 09:04:48 PM »

Ducks AAA 03 goalie is # US prospect for WHL Bantam draft for next year. One of Ducks AAA 03 forward attended USHL combine in July and was top 5-7 in one of the criteria. Another Ducks forward who commutes from Palm Springs, and was heavily recruited by Kings but didn't join Kings as he close to full if not full financial support from Ducks, is also considered one of the top US prospects for WHL.

Having said that, their defense is atrocious. They picked up a forward who played AA last year as a defensemen. Another defensemen looked like a cat on a hot tin roof when we watched Ducks 03 AAA play Kings 03 AAA during Carmen Starr.

In this case an argument can be made that they have 2-3 very good AAA players, they have gotten better than last year in the net and upfront but their D has gotten much worse and they will be very similar or worse than last year.

I would agree with Teemu. The 03's are not a strong group nor do I think they have anyone close to the best Bantam AAA players in SoCal.

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2017, 09:17:55 PM »

Word is that the AA Ducks coach was bragging that his team is better than the AAA team.  Also , supposedly,  there is a goalie and 1 or 2 other kids playing Ducks AA instead of AAA

One of our family friend's kid is playing JD AA. Here is what our friend had to say:

Not a single player returned from last year Ducks AA2 (which is supposedly AA1 this year).

The team has 5 forwards, one D, and a goalie that played Wave 3 Bantam A ( I know Crush will correct me they were AA and I agree that they were mid/low AA but they played A).

Better in goal as One of the last year AAA goalie didn't get picked this year so he had to play AA. It wasn't his first choice. The second goalie played Wave 3.

They (Wave 3) lost all their Defensemen except one. Top 3 of out of 4 left due to various reasons. They added 3-5 defensemen that have never played tier hockey. Two of them were picked to meet PDR (25%) and wouldn't make an 04 AA team.

Ducks AAA 03, may not be as good as Kings AAA03. They, however, will crush (no in intended) Ducks AA1. At Carmen Starr, one of our friend at Kings AA1 was told by one of the top line forward parents, we will win state championship this year.  Why bother playing in our division.

I heard Kings AA1 has practiced a couple of times and tied Ducks AA1 3-3.

Ducks AA1 coach is hallucinating.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »
The 03's are not a strong group nor do I think they have anyone close to the best Bantam AAA players in SoCal.

I totally disagree with this statement. Looking at last year's 14U AAA Minor year, Ducks had 2 forwards that were statistically as legit as they come. Check stats from all games recorded, the Palm Springs kid was #1 in scoring and by far the best player in all of 14U AAA Minor. His teammate was #3. Now that they're in major year, one can assume that the trend may continue. Now I can't say I follow this Ducks AAA team, but I have seen the PS kid plenty and I KNOW he's one of, if not the best bantam AAA player in Socal. Another PS kid is in his first year with the Ducks AAA and he's fast and skilled. Might take him a little to acclimate to the team's system, but I'll bet he'll help on the back end.

I'd like to think Ducks AAA had an off game and that's not disrespecting Bears, as we all know they will be top 3-4 this year and may be the team to beat in Socal.

Empire beat Wada Wave 4-0.
It was a very competitive game, and as expected, Empire was the better team. But IMO, Wave played a pretty decent game despite missing players and the game could've easily been 2-1 or 3-2... Empire will bring it this year and everyone knows that, but I was encouraged to see Wada Wave, as a pure 04 team, wasn't that far behind and will no doubt compete at Bantam AA.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2017, 06:23:27 AM »
*Alternate Reality Picks*

Riptide 03's will take it all

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Everyone Else
Only with the help of a good slap shot.....even then barely. 😎

Hahahaaha. Still Salty!!!

Just admit that your coaches game plan to hack-a-shaq a certain player backfired by focusing way too much energy on one kid. AND, he still scored the game winner...   ;) ;) ;)
You still sandbagging your kid in Colorado?  :o

Sandbagging?

HAHAHA

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2017, 07:30:26 AM »
AA scrimmages this weekend:

JD1 vs Kings 1 430 Saturday at Lakewood

OC1 vs Kings 1 8am Sunday Yorba Linda

Any others?  Post them and let us know how they go

OC1 Beat Kings1 5-4

Shut Your 5-Hole

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-6
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »
Lets have everyone take a deep breath and relax here  ::)... Its still preseason/scrimmages people!!! teams are brand new, new coaches, and new systems. All these kids just came out of a summer and are guaranteed rusty. Give it a few weeks for coaches and players to work out their kinks and then start talking. Till then good luck to all the kids...

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »

Agreed on time will tell part. But no matter how much you polish rocks, they don't turn into gems. Time will tell which ones are rocks and which ones are gems.

Lets have everyone take a deep breath and relax here  ::) ... Its still preseason/scrimmages people!!! teams are brand new, new coaches, and new systems. All these kids just came out of a summer and are guaranteed rusty. Give it a few weeks for coaches and players to work out their kinks and then start talking. Till then good luck to all the kids...

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »
Any scrimmages / scores from this weekend.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2017, 10:54:40 PM »
JD1 - 1
EHC - 2

Pretty physical game, refs let it get out of hand at the end. Should make for an interesting rivalry this season.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2017, 07:56:57 AM »
OCHC1 vs. JD1 today at westminster

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »
OC (1) 2... Ducks (1) 1

OC (2) 0... Saints 5

Rainman

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-4
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2017, 12:53:53 PM »
Bears 9 - Gulls AAA 2

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2017, 01:00:31 PM »
Bears 9 - Gulls AAA 2

At the jamboree,  if a team is bad enough they can send them down to A... can it work the other way and send the Bears to AAA?