This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324541 times)

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2017, 06:34:22 PM »
Bears 9 - Gulls AAA 2

At the jamboree,  if a team is bad enough they can send them down to A... can it work the other way and send the Bears to AAA?

CAHA has the power to do this but would never do it. The AAA schedules are already done.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2017, 06:35:08 PM »
Wave(2) beat Kings(1) 4-3

makeawish

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +23/-63
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2017, 08:22:28 PM »
Bears 9 - Gulls AAA 2

At the jamboree,  if a team is bad enough they can send them down to A... can it work the other way and send the Bears to AAA?

CAHA has the power to do this but would never do it. The AAA schedules are already done.
You missing the point, Caha does not care as long as it doesn't impact
The big 3 clubs, ducks, kings and sharks and maybe teams coached
By a spouse of a caha board member.
And as aaa teams schedule the games themselves, I doubt it would be to
hard to change.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2017, 08:35:36 PM »
Bears 9 - Gulls AAA 2

You missing the point, Caha does not care as long as it doesn't impact
The big 3 clubs, ducks, kings and sharks and maybe teams coached
By a spouse of a caha board member.
And as aaa teams schedule the games themselves, I doubt it would be to
hard to change.

Oh I get that clear as day that CAHA doesn't care about anything that doesn't effect their clubs.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2017, 08:20:14 AM »

Word is that the AA Ducks coach was bragging that his team is better than the AAA team.  Also , supposedly,  there is a goalie and 1 or 2 other kids playing Ducks AA instead of AAA

One of our family friend's kid is playing JD AA. Here is what our friend had to say:

Not a single player returned from last year Ducks AA2 (which is supposedly AA1 this year).

The team has 5 forwards, one D, and a goalie that played Wave 3 Bantam A ( I know Crush will correct me they were AA and I agree that they were mid/low AA but they played A).

Better in goal as One of the last year AAA goalie didn't get picked this year so he had to play AA. It wasn't his first choice. The second goalie played Wave 3.

They (Wave 3) lost all their Defensemen except one. Top 3 of out of 4 left due to various reasons. They added 3-5 defensemen that have never played tier hockey. Two of them were picked to meet PDR (25%) and wouldn't make an 04 AA team.

Ducks AAA 03, may not be as good as Kings AAA03. They, however, will crush (no in intended) Ducks AA1. At Carmen Starr, one of our friend at Kings AA1 was told by one of the top line forward parents, we will win state championship this year.  Why bother playing in our division.

I heard Kings AA1 has practiced a couple of times and tied Ducks AA1 3-3.

Ducks AA1 coach is hallucinating.

hallucinating? why is that?

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2017, 08:22:03 AM »
Hallucinating because he thinks his team is better than the AAA

coachbombay

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2017, 11:08:04 AM »
the apple does not fall far from the tree. he learned from the best. Wave 3 coach was his mentor.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »
With San Jose just a few days away... who do you all think will be in the top flight?  By my count.. there are 13 viable top flight team's.  That means at least 3 team's get screwed.

No particular order...

1.  Bears
2. Ducks 1
3.  OC  1
4.  Empire
5.  Kings 1
6.  Sharks
7.  G SE 1
8.  G SE 2
9.  Blackhawk
10.  Wave 1
11.  Wada wave
12.  Saints
13.  Flyers

Thoughts???

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2017, 12:54:38 PM »
With San Jose just a few days away... who do you all think will be in the top flight?  By my count.. there are 13 viable top flight team's.  That means at least 3 team's get screwed.

No particular order...

1.  Bears
2. Ducks 1
3.  OC  1
4.  Empire
5.  Kings 1
6.  Sharks
7.  G SE 1
8.  G SE 2
9.  Blackhawk
10.  Wave 1
11.  Wada wave
12.  Saints
13.  Flyers

Thoughts???
Interesting that you have the 4 NorCal teams placed outside of the top 5, yet understandable since we have yet to see them play.  One thing I've learned in the last 3 years in Tier hockey is to not underestimate the NorCal teams - they almost always have 1 or 2 teams in the top 5.  Also, Ducks1 over Empire?  I thought EHC  just beat them last Saturday, and they have five 04s on that team.  Agree that da Bears are the team to beat.  Should make for a fun weekend!

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »
The list was in no particular order.   Was just listing team's as they came to mind. 

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2017, 01:31:47 PM »
Here is my new rankings.

Bears.

Everyone Else

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2017, 02:07:18 PM »
Here is my new rankings.

Bears.

Everyone Else

Perfect!!

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2017, 02:17:14 PM »
Is there an 03 Sharks AAA team?  If I was da Bears, I'd say eff the jamboree, go up and beat the Sharks AAA team, then insist on CAHA allowing them to play up.  Why waste your time in a division where you're gonna boat race everyone?  Just sayin'...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:20:47 PM by BlindZebras »

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »
Is there an 03 Sharks AAA team?  If I was da Bears, I'd say eff the jamboree, go up and beat the Sharks AAA team, then insist on CAHA allowing them to play up.  Why waste your time in a division where you're gonna boat race everyone?  Just sayin'...

Unfortunately it is nothing new....it happened to the Riptide a couple seasons ago and CAHA denied their request to move up.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2017, 02:52:34 PM »
Yeah, but wasn't that a PDR issue?  Don't think the Bears have that problem (pretty sure MOST of their players are from the Bears last season).  Whatevs, they'll get to puff out their chests this year.