This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324396 times)

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »
While there were many other ways to divide teams into two flights, other than making people spend so much time & money, one thing is clear tier ii jamboree might be a success in terms of separating contenders from wannabes. It appears that most top flight teams might not be all that different from one another. Same looks to be true for the bottom flight division if there is any. Any top flight team can beat another top flight team on a given sunday and same holds true for bottom flight division. Such a parity is a good thing for player & team development. Although jamboree is an expensive way to find that out.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
Now that half the games are played... here is my predictions on who is in each flight:

Top flight:
1.  Bears
2.  Blackhawks
3.  Sharks
4. GSE1
5.  GSE2
6.  Kings 1
7.  OC 1
8.  Ducks 1
9.  Wave 1
10. Empire

Bottom flight:
1.  Saints
2.  Reign
3.  Kings 2
4.  OC 2
5.  Ducks 2
6.  Flyers
7.  Mariners
8.  Wave 2

Now before you all yell at me about who is ranked above who... these are in no particular order.

That's pretty a solid list . One could argure The Kings are 0-2 now. Close game with sharks.

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »
And GSE 2 beats Bears 3-2. Interesting season ahead?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »
And GSE 2 beats Bears 3-2. Interesting season ahead?

Darn straight!

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
Big shout out to the CAHA brain trust.  Thanks for scheduling all of the NorCal teams Monday morning games while there are SoCal teams playing each other after noon.  I typically refrain from using the term 'retard' but it's well deserve here.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:52 PM »
Especially since this great idea pervaded from the north.  I am sure the scheduling gurus down south will avenge this catastrophe.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2017, 03:49:43 PM »
Kings 1 don't belong in the top flight.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2017, 04:28:24 PM »
Kings 1 don't belong in the top flight.

They went 0-4 but like they say.

It's good to be the King.

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »
And I think this is why the new scheme is so completely frustrating. Kings send two teams to San Jose. Neither of them wins a game. Yet, deep down, we all know what's about to happen.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2017, 04:47:45 PM »
Also wave 03 team lost 3 games don't belong in top flight. IMO

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »
I'm thinking we need to look at more than just wins and losses, though relying on stats, being what they are, is scary, too. Did anyone think any of their games was a complete waste of time?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »
I can think of Three teams that they just should drop to A.

Then they could have one flight. Won't happen though

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
Agree

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2017, 05:41:51 PM »
I think the CAHA Board and presidents basically came at this whole thing with a couple main concerns:

1) An above-board coach and organization would drop their non-performing teams to Bantam A. CAHA clearly does not trust its club presidents to do the right thing so everyone gets summoned to San Jose for an audition. I guess the presidents are worried players would leave once the LOI has been voided and therefore can't be trusted to objectively evaluate their own teams. Personally, I doubt players leaving would happen in any great numbers. Most A teams have enough players by now. There is nowhere for the disgruntled AA player to go. Teams should play at the level they belong. Period.

2) CAHA created a rule mandating a AAA organization must have 2 AA teams if they want to keep the AAA team.

CAHA Rule 8.1.b states, "Member Associations fielding Tier I teams shall maintain a minimum of two (2) teams at the Tier II level in the current and previous season."

If we use the Jr. Reign as an example we can shed some light on the matter. They sent 3 AA teams to San Jose. The club also has an 18AAA team. The result of the weekend for the Riverside-based organization is:

12AA: 1-3

14AA: 1-3 (The one win was against the very weak JK2 squad. The scores of the games they lost were 1-9, 0-7 and 0-3).

16AA: 1-1-2

I believe the Reign also have ab 18AA team but they weren't in San Jose. I don't know how good they are but this team alone will not be enough to maintain the club's AAA eligibility.

Based on performance at the evaluation jamboree, one could make the argumnent that all three participating teams should be dropped to A. That, however, would jeopardize the viability of the 18AAA team. CAHA appears to want the Jr. Reign to keep their AAA eligibility. For this reason we have a silly new AA tier scheme. Jr. Reign teams get to stay "AA" and no LOIs are voided. It's a brilliant plan.
The problem is that several other teams will be going down with the ship. I feel bad for the "bubble" teams that will be needed to complete a 2nd flight system to accomodate the Jr. Reign.

I really hope I am wrong. If CAHA comes out and tells the Jr. Reign to drop to A I will be the first to congratulate them.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:56:32 PM by Miss My 48080 »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2017, 06:04:49 PM »
I think the CAHA Board and presidents basically came at this whole thing with a couple main concerns:

1) An above-board coach and organization would drop their non-performing teams to Bantam A. CAHA clearly does not trust its club presidents to do the right thing so everyone gets summoned to San Jose for an audition. I guess the presidents are worried players would leave once the LOI has been voided and therefore can't be trusted to objectively evaluate their own teams. Personally, I doubt players leaving would happen in any great numbers. Most A teams have enough players by now. There is nowhere for the disgruntled AA player to go. Teams should play at the level they belong. Period.

2) CAHA created a rule mandating a AAA organization must have 2 AA teams if they want to keep the AAA team.

CAHA Rule 8.1.b states, "Member Associations fielding Tier I teams shall maintain a minimum of two (2) teams at the Tier II level in the current and previous season."

If we use the Jr. Reign as an example we can shed some light on the matter. They sent 3 AA teams to San Jose. The club also has an 18AAA team. The result of the weekend for the Riverside-based organization is:

12AA: 1-3

14AA: 1-3 (The one win was against the very weak JK2 squad. The scores of the games they lost were 1-9, 0-7 and 0-3).

16AA: 1-1-2

I believe the Reign also have ab 18AA team but they weren't in San Jose. I don't know how good they are but this team alone will not be enough to maintain the club's AAA eligibility.

Based on performance at the evaluation jamboree, one could make the argumnent that all three participating teams should be dropped to A. That, however, would jeopardize the viability of the 18AAA team. CAHA appears to want the Jr. Reign to keep their AAA eligibility. For this reason we have a silly new AA tier scheme. Jr. Reign teams get to stay "AA" and no LOIs are voided. It's a brilliant plan.
The problem is that several other teams will be going down with the ship. I feel bad for the "bubble" teams that will be needed to complete a 2nd flight system to accomodate the Jr. Reign.

I really hope I am wrong. If CAHA comes out and tells the Jr. Reign to drop to A I will be the first to congratulate them.

Drops Mic and walks off stage.

Perfect