This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324591 times)

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »
Now that half the games are played... here is my predictions on who is in each flight:

Top flight:
1.  Bears
2.  Blackhawks
3.  Sharks
4. GSE1
5.  GSE2
6.  Kings 1
7.  OC 1
8.  Ducks 1
9.  Wave 1
10. Empire

Bottom flight:
1.  Saints
2.  Reign
3.  Kings 2
4.  OC 2
5.  Ducks 2
6.  Flyers
7.  Mariners
8.  Wave 2

Now before you all yell at me about who is ranked above who... these are in no particular order.

I'm still sticking with this list... although an argument can be made for Wave 2 to bump someone out.

For a legit analysis you need to see the team's play... some of those team's were tiny and will get blown off the ice by the big boys (OC1, bears, Empire, GSE)  mariners won a few games against weak team's but got destroyed by OC1.  OC had more short handed shots then the mariners had total shots.

You should bump Ducks one out. Bears destroyed them 7-0 at one point till they backed off.

d-dad

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
I watched that game. Bears didn't back off. JD1 changed goalies and played better.

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2017, 04:39:54 PM »
Teemu8 Says, "I'm sticking with this list....."

Teemu8, I think your list is interesting. To be honest, it confirms my greatest fears: Teams will be "Flighted" based on differing degrees of entitlement rather than actual merit. I miss the days of wins/losses deciding who the better teams were. Apparently, Jr. Kings can simply show up and they get a Flight 1 spot.

San Jose Results:

JK vs Sharks (2-3) LOSS
JK vs JD (0-2) LOSS
JK vs Wave2 (1-1)
JK vs GSE2 (1-5) LOSS

This gets them a Flight 1 spot?

The SCAHA schedule is very easy for JK1 for the most part. They get to play the Jr. Reign and the JK2 team. If memory serves me, neither team won a game in San Jose. The team does play Wave 1 but you have listed both as Flight 1 teams.

The fun game will be on October 1 when the Jr. Flyers get a shot at them. You have the Jr. Flyers in the bottom flight.

If the Flyers beat JK1 will you change your mind or do JK1 get Flight 1 simply because, well, they are the Kings after all?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:41:20 PM by Miss My 48080 »

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »
Now that half the games are played... here is my predictions on who is in each flight:

Top flight:
1.  Bears
2.  Blackhawks
3.  Sharks
4. GSE1
5.  GSE2
6.  Kings 1
7.  OC 1
8.  Ducks 1
9.  Wave 1
10. Empire

Bottom flight:
1.  Saints
2.  Reign
3.  Kings 2
4.  OC 2
5.  Ducks 2
6.  Flyers
7.  Mariners
8.  Wave 2

You should bump Ducks one out. Bears destroyed them 7-0 at one point till they backed off.

In my opinion, Kings1, a pure 03 team, lost 3 games to mainly 03-heavy teams, couldn't beat a pure 04 team in Wave2 (lost to Wave2 also in a scrimmage 2 weeks ago) should be placed in the lower flight. Also, Ducks1 are likely middle of the pack and not a top flight team, but lets be honest here, hell will freeze over before CAHA let all 4 Kings and Ducks team be seeded in the lower flight.

Here's my list:

GSE2
Bears
OC1
GSE1
Empire
Blackhawks
Sharks
Wave1
Ducks1
Wave2
Kings1
Flyers
Saints
Mariners
OC2
Ducks2
Jr Reign
Kings2

Flyers are the odd team here... Losing to Mariners but tying GSE1!? They seem a bit all over the board...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:31:51 PM by justanotherhockeydad »

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2017, 05:16:45 PM »
WHERE CAN YOU FIND THE RESULTS FROM SAN JOSE?

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
This will end up being a popularity contest, the big 3 will get a free pass as usual.  Although I believe Ducks 1 and Sharks do belong.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »
Teemu8 Says, "I'm sticking with this list....."

Teemu8, I think your list is interesting. To be honest, it confirms my greatest fears: Teams will be "Flighted" based on differing degrees of entitlement rather than actual merit. I miss the days of wins/losses deciding who the better teams were. Apparently, Jr. Kings can simply show up and they get a Flight 1 spot.

San Jose Results:

JK vs Sharks (2-3) LOSS
JK vs JD (0-2) LOSS
JK vs Wave2 (1-1)
JK vs GSE2 (1-5) LOSS

This gets them a Flight 1 spot?

The SCAHA schedule is very easy for JK1 for the most part. They get to play the Jr. Reign and the JK2 team. If memory serves me, neither team won a game in San Jose. The team does play Wave 1 but you have listed both as Flight 1 teams.

The fun game will be on October 1 when the Jr. Flyers get a shot at them. You have the Jr. Flyers in the bottom flight.

If the Flyers beat JK1 will you change your mind or do JK1 get Flight 1 simply because, well, they are the Kings after all?

First off,  I'm not a "kings guy "  I don't want them in the top flight simply because they are kings.. I saw them play.  They also lost to OC1 5-4 a few weeks ago.

It's just my prediction.  You can't flight this thing based only on 4 games worth of wins and losses.   Blackhawk lost 3 games.. but I saw them play.. they are damn good and belong in top flight.  Base on "actual wins and losses they would be bottom flight and that's just wrong.

Bantam is hard because the difference between a 14 and a 13 is huge sometimes,  much bigger than the difference between a 12 and 11, or a 16 and a 15.  I don't envy the evaluators trying to figure this out.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »
Lets look at how Ducks 1 did.

Beat the worst team Kings 2 final score 4-0

Beat the Kings 1 team we are saying shouldn't be top flight 2-0

Lost to Sharks 2-4 a good team but not top 5

Lost to Bears a really good team 8-2 that's a blowout sorry.

So are they top Flight??? 

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2017, 05:47:36 PM »
You can't flight this thing based only on 4 games worth of wins and losses.   Blackhawk lost 3 games.. but I saw them play.. they are damn good and belong in top flight.  Base on "actual wins and losses they would be bottom flight and that's just wrong.

I watched the Blackhawks a bit and they lost to damn good teams and the games were all close, that's why I slotted them 6th, right under teams that are clearly above most in Bantam AA. It's useless to go by point, win/loss or GF. The top 6 and bottom 5 are clear as day. It's the middle of the pack that's murky and very difficult to evaluate.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »
You can't flight this thing based only on 4 games worth of wins and losses.   Blackhawk lost 3 games.. but I saw them play.. they are damn good and belong in top flight.  Base on "actual wins and losses they would be bottom flight and that's just wrong.

I watched the Blackhawks a bit and they lost to damn good teams and the games were all close, that's why I slotted them 6th, right under teams that are clearly above most in Bantam AA. It's useless to go by point, win/loss or GF. The top 6 and bottom 5 are clear as day. It's the middle of the pack that's murky and very difficult to evaluate.

Yes totally agree the top 6 are clear as day when you watch.

You have a murky middle that has teams that have Mixes of 03 and 04 kids and haven't played together as a team long. Some of the middle pack will raise up by Nov or Dec and will or should I say could contend.   

Stark

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2017, 09:28:54 PM »
Hearing the divisions won't be announced till September 15ish.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2017, 09:29:35 PM »
What if they take six teams for flight 1.  Then the top two in flight two make the playoffs and the third place team has a play in game against the flight one 6th place team.  You could also then drop a couple of teams to A. 

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »
Jr. Reign Beat Kings 2

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »
Which is why most people think that Kings 2 are the worst team