This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324777 times)

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
Interesting from the Pee Wee AA tread.

Sharks will face two A teams this weekend to try and prove they belong in AA.

Umm Hello Kings 2? in Bantam AA
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:17:31 PM by Pistonkev »

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Trouble in paradise. Heard top like for JD1 calling other teams. They may be leaving as the coach hasnt made it to many practices. Their defense looked bad against bears in a running clock 1:30 penalty kills.  That will look worse in a real game 2 minute pk or worse in a 5 on 3 Pk.

Their 4th top point producer is a forward that is being asked to play D. JK1 looked decent against empire in 2-1 loss in a scrimmage.

What happens if Jd1 loses players and Jk1 does better in Scaha games until flights are announced. Any ideas?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2017, 03:16:14 PM »
Trouble in paradise. Heard top like for JD1 calling other teams. They may be leaving as the coach hasnt made it to many practices. Their defense looked bad against bears in a running clock 1:30 penalty kills.  That will look worse in a real game 2 minute pk or worse in a 5 on 3 Pk.

Their 4th top point producer is a forward that is being asked to play D. JK1 looked decent against empire in 2-1 loss in a scrimmage.

What happens if Jd1 loses players and Jk1 does better in Scaha games until flights are announced. Any ideas?
Don't worry WIPIH, hypocrisy  reigns and it's good to be the  king(s). 

The problem with the JDs may run deeper than the coach (wouldn't doubt if he's shown the door), heard one player say, "These guys don't know how to lose."  That tells me that even though they have a talented team on paper, they may be some pain in the asses also, that can be toxic . Good luck to them though, there are some good families over there.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2017, 06:56:56 PM »
You hit the nail on the head trans... that Coach is not capable of handling some of those personalities.  I do feel bad for some of those families

Bystander

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-2
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »
JK1 easily handled Jr. Reign 7-0. They looked like a AA team today.

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »
JK1 easily handled Jr. Reign 7-0. They looked like a AA team today.

Let's review.

In San Jose last weekend JK1's results were:

JK1 vs GSE(2) 1-5 LOSS
JK1 vs Wave(2) 1-1 TIE
JK1 vs Jr. Ducks(1) 0-2 LOSS
JK1 vs Sharks 2-3 LOSS

Does beating the Jr. Reign 7-0 mean the JK1 squad belongs in AA? At the evaluation jamboree the Jr. Reign turned in the following performance:

Jr. Reign vs Empire 1-9 LOSS
Jr. Reign vs JK(2) 4-2 WIN
Jr. Reign vs Saints 0-7 LOSS
Jr. Reign vs Jr. Ducks(2) 0-3 LOSS

The only win the Jr. Reign had was against a team that, most would agree, is the weakest AA team in the state - Jr. Kings(2). Jr. Reign is probably the next weakest team currently playing AA.

Many believe that Jr. Kings(1) will be given preferential treatment simply because they are a big club with lots of political connections in CAHA. Likewise, the Jr. Reign Hockey Club has a president that sits on the CAHA Board and probably has enough pull to make sure his lowly AA team gets to remain AA. Most would argue the Jr. Reign team should drop to A.

That said, it's good to be a King. Jr. Kings(1) has been given a very easy upcoming schedule. Two of their first three games after the evaluation jamboree are against, you guessed it, Jr. Kings(2) and the Jr. Reign.

This will tell CAHA nothing. Jr. Kings(1) don't have to face the Bears and they don't have to play OCHC(1) or any other of the other powerhouse teams.  In my view, there are a couple possibilities as to why this must be:

1) The decision has already been made that Jr. Kings(1) is not a top flight team so there is no sense having them play top flight teams.

or

2) The decision has already been made that CAHA is going to give their friends in El Segundo an early Christmas present and put them in the top flight regardless of their performance. CAHA does not want to be embarrassed by having Jr. Kings(1) get beat too many more times before flights are announced, so the early schedule was kept intentionally easy.

Can a proper evaluation of teams be made after a four-game weekend in San Jose? I don't think so, but it's the whacky system the CAHA folks decided to force-feed us. It's been made more difficult for them, however, because the teams that were supposed to win didn't win.

Instead, we're starting to hear things like, "Well, they didn't win any games, but I saw them play and they are really good and belong in the top flight." Participation ribbons are just around the corner...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:38:55 PM by Miss My 48080 »

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »
Please post scores for today...

Only ones I know are:

JD1. Big over OC2

OC1 big over JD2

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2017, 05:28:51 PM »
Empire won 7-3 if I remember correctly

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »
Bears over Wave2, 10-3

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2017, 07:51:10 PM »
Looks like SCAHA (with help from CAHA) scheduling was a purposeful message of 03 vs 04 teams or upper tier vs lower with the one exception being the possible bubble teams of Mariners vs Flyers.  Scores so far are 14-0, 12-1, 10-3, 7-0, 7-3.  Clearly shows the difference in these ages as 03s have mostly all started their growth spurts and 04s not so much with a few exceptions.  IMO this is the only level were separating the AA division makes sense...  PeeWees = no contact so doesn't matter and 16s have all had a chance to level out size wise.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:01:39 PM by UhhhhDuhhhh »

hckyparent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-5
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »
JK(2) over Lady Ducks. 4-0

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »
JK(2) over Lady Ducks. 4-0

Thank you, CAHA. ;)

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2017, 08:35:20 PM »
Looks like SCAHA (with help from CAHA) scheduling was a purposeful message of 03 vs 04 teams or upper tier vs lower with the one exception being the possible bubble teams of Mariners vs Flyers.  Scores so far are 14-0, 12-1, 10-3, 7-0, 7-3.  Clearly shows the difference in these ages as 03s have mostly all started their growth spurts and 04s not so much with a few exceptions.  IMO this is the only level were separating the AA division makes sense...  PeeWees = no contact so doesn't matter and 16s have all had a chance to level out size wise.

Well said.... stick tap to you

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »

Nailed it...

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2017, 08:47:38 AM »
Empire beat Kings 1 Saturday in a scrimmage, 3-1.
Saints score was 8-3 on Sunday.

On a side note, the officiating at yesterday's game was total dog s--t.  Not the linesmen per se, but the ref was a complete ass from BEFORE the puck drop.  Called an "unsportsman-like conduct" because one of our players chased a puck across the red line during warm-ups and it went all downhill from there.  What a douche.  First time I've seen that call since the enacted the stupid rule several years ago.  This is the reason for my screen name and avatar.  A ref's ego has no place in the game.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:48:42 AM by BlindZebras »