This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324551 times)

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2017, 09:17:18 AM »
Lower your standards BZ and you won't be disappointed.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »
Lower your standards BZ and you won't be disappointed.
No doubt.  After all of these years I thought the refs would be get better the older my kid got, huge mistake on my part.  Although, our past two scrimmages we had great officials so yeah, maybe my expectations were a bit high...

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2017, 09:32:55 AM »
I watched that Empire game yesterday and that ref was completely unprofessional. Literally arguing with the coach as play was going on and not even looking at the action. Back to the play and arguing with the Empire coach.

Regardless of bad calls or non-calls the behavior by that ref was insane.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »
Was game in Ontario or the Kingdom ?

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:43 AM »
Ontario

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2017, 12:04:13 PM »
Looks like SCAHA (with help from CAHA) scheduling was a purposeful message of 03 vs 04 teams or upper tier vs lower with the one exception being the possible bubble teams of Mariners vs Flyers.  Scores so far are 14-0, 12-1, 10-3, 7-0, 7-3.  Clearly shows the difference in these ages as 03s have mostly all started their growth spurts and 04s not so much with a few exceptions.  IMO this is the only level were separating the AA division makes sense...  PeeWees = no contact so doesn't matter and 16s have all had a chance to level out size wise.

I'm not sure that's the right takeaway.  None of the "03 vs. 04" SCAHA games that were played this weekend actually pitted a bubble 03 team against a bubble 04 team.  To the contrary, all seemed designed to be blowouts (to the extent anybody gave any thought to it).  These were certainly not the games anyone at SCAHA would have scheduled if they were looking for competitive 03 vs. 04 matchups, of which there could have been some.

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »
Looks like SCAHA (with help from CAHA) scheduling was a purposeful message of 03 vs 04 teams or upper tier vs lower with the one exception being the possible bubble teams of Mariners vs Flyers.  Scores so far are 14-0, 12-1, 10-3, 7-0, 7-3.  Clearly shows the difference in these ages as 03s have mostly all started their growth spurts and 04s not so much with a few exceptions.  IMO this is the only level were separating the AA division makes sense...  PeeWees = no contact so doesn't matter and 16s have all had a chance to level out size wise.

I'm not sure that's the right takeaway.  None of the "03 vs. 04" SCAHA games that were played this weekend actually pitted a bubble 03 team against a bubble 04 team.  To the contrary, all seemed designed to be blowouts (to the extent anybody gave any thought to it).  These were certainly not the games anyone at SCAHA would have scheduled if they were looking for competitive 03 vs. 04 matchups, of which there could have been some.

Which 03 vs 04 matchup would you like to see? Let me Guess Wave 2 vs Kings 1? My point was that there's a very clear difference in these age groups due to puberty except for Wave 77 and a few others. Being a bubble team as 04 is a sign of good things to come but certainly doesn’t put you in a category of competing with the top 03 teams in the State (GSE’s, OC1, Bears, Sharks, Ducks 1 etc…).  Getting beat in the Top division all year may be a good thing for development or winning the Bottom division and playing in tougher tournaments and obviously the SCAHA exhibition games may be just as beneficial.  Hopefully you land where you want to so you can pound your chest.  The kids probably don’t care so much.  Good Luck!

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »

Which 03 vs 04 matchup would you like to see? Let me Guess Wave 2 vs Kings 1? My point was that there's a very clear difference in these age groups due to puberty except for Wave 77 and a few others. Being a bubble team as 04 is a sign of good things to come but certainly doesn’t put you in a category of competing with the top 03 teams in the State (GSE’s, OC1, Bears, Sharks, Ducks 1 etc…).  Getting beat in the Top division all year may be a good thing for development or winning the Bottom division and playing in tougher tournaments and obviously the SCAHA exhibition games may be just as beneficial.  Hopefully you land where you want to so you can pound your chest.  The kids probably don’t care so much.  Good Luck!

Agree with you UHHHHDUHHHH maybe there needs to be a change in the way they arrange the Bantam division due to the size difference going on with kids going through puberty...however it seems that there wouldn't be that many 04's to create a division for just that age group. Also I am surprised that the Wave 77 isn't with an 03 team...he is big enough or is he an actual 03?

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2017, 01:58:39 PM »
I think he's an 04

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:22 PM »
Wave2 does not have any 03 players.

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »
Agree with you UHHHHDUHHHH maybe there needs to be a change in the way they arrange the Bantam division due to the size difference going on with kids going through puberty...however it seems that there wouldn't be that many 04's to create a division for just that age group. Also I am surprised that the Wave 77 isn't with an 03 team...he is big enough or is he an actual 03?

Wouldn't be fair to the smaller clubs who have to field mixed birth years because they don't have the numbers.  I think the way they're doing it is fine for Bantams and yes there will be disappointed PARENTS.  Some kids will be disappointed too for a day or two, then it's back to fun with their buddies.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2017, 02:16:56 PM »
I have a great Idea for how to do a flight system in Bantams.

So we could call the very top AAA

Then the level below AA

Then A

Lastly have  B flight.

Sound good? Asking for a friend   

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »
My question is this:

Why isn't the Bears in AAA?

IIRC, they've already soundly defeated 3 AAA teams in the last month...

Oh wait, nevermind, just remembered about the feeder teams rule...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:32:32 PM by justanotherhockeydad »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2017, 02:45:11 PM »
My question is this:

Why isn't the Bears in AAA?

IIRC, they've already soundly defeated 3 AAA teams in the last month...

Oh wait, nevermind, just remembered about the feeder teams rule...

In talking with some of the parents, they don't want to go  AAA.
I would agree with them....not worth the  $$.
And too much time traveling.

Refreshing to see that 2 possibly 3 AA teams can not only compeat but  beat the " AAA" teams.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:50:50 PM by trans4761 »

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2017, 02:49:37 PM »
Plus, you get to stomp the guts out of the competition all season long and breeze through to being state champs.  Sound great!