This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324604 times)

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
Oh I see, that loss doesn't count since there is an excuse attached to it.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
Oh I see, that loss doesn't count since there is an excuse attached to it.

But having not ever practiced once is a pretty damn good excuse. Like I said, wait till next weekend...

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »
I don't have a dog in that fight.  Just thought that fact was absent from the discussion

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »
I don't have a dog in that fight.  Just thought that fact was absent from the discussion

Me neither, but I'm willing to bet Bears will prevail this time around.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »
So you get 2 average to below average AA teams instead of a good AA team and a good A team. (I am looking at you Wave lol)

Actually, this Bear team is an absolute anomaly.

Not taking anything away from the Bears, as I have been noticing that in the past few years, their program/teams have been all rather solid competitors. So they must be doing something right. But seriously, when was the last time you have an AA team that's handily beating up on AAA teams?! Watch, they're going to kick everybody's asses this year, except maybe 1 or 2 teams (GSE1/2 and a darkhorse team maaaaybe) that will give them a run for the money. I think the real reason Bears don't have a second or minor BantamAA team is because they simply don't have enough kids to field a second or a minor BantamAA team. I will bet that if they have enough kids to form a minor BantamAA team, they would.

About your LOL comment to the Wave, what's wrong with what they're doing? As far as I know, Wave and Kings are the only clubs fielding both an all-03 Major and an all-04 Minor teams at the Bantam AA level. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't know a thing about Wave1 (all-03 Major) so perhaps they're average or below average, I have no idea...

Wave2 was meant to be an all-04 minor team knowing that they will take their licks from the major and/or mixed teams. Wave2 kids belong in AA. If anything, they're arguably above average since they have already shown to be competitive with some mixed teams. It's the all-major teams they have trouble with, and that's absolutely expected in my opinion. Everybody knows the major teams are suppose to beat up on the minor teams. Obviously Wave could've combined the two BantamAA teams to form one, but I'm glad they didn't. I had my choices to join a few mixed team, but finding an all-04 BantamAA team was a bonus for us and hopefully the kids can stay and grow together as a unit. Calling one of the two only all-04 team average or below average is unwarranted. Have you ever seen a pure minor year tier team dominate their division with 95% major or mixed major/minor teams? No, you haven't.

It's too bad that BantamAA is not split into major and minor. Because if that was the case, Wave2 would be a top minor contender. But it is what it is and we went into BantamAA with no delusion that this team will win some, and lose some. Hopefully losing only to major teams and winning against the mixed ones...

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2017, 08:16:46 PM »
WW will take their lumps in the first few months on the season with mostly 03 teams.  By mid season (barring injury) they will catch up to the physical part of the 03 game.  For half the game vs Da Bears they were keeping up physically with them , it was 3-2 in the 2nd.  Half a game of duking it out with not only skilled kids but kids 36-75 lbs heavier took its toll. School was then in session.

I would not want to have to play the WW post New Years to get into play downs.

If team is able to stay together, next year will be another year of AA's kicking AAA ass.  ;D

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2017, 12:56:58 AM »
Now that we're all waiting for CAHA to hand down the verdict, I still stand by my original list as I believe this is how the early season ranking should be...

GSE2 (or Bears)
Bears (or GSE2)
OC1
GSE1
Empire
Blackhawks
Sharks
Wave1
Ducks1
Wave2
Kings1
Flyers
Saints
Mariners
OC2
Ducks2
Jr Reign
Kings2

But in reality, the list below is more likely what CAHA will dish out:

Top Flight:
1 - GSE2 (or Bears)
2 - Bears (or GSE2)
3 - GSE1
4 - OC1
5 - Empire
6 - Blackhawks
7 - Sharks
8 - Ducks1
9 - Wave1
10 - Kings1

Lower Flight:
11 - Wave2
12 - Flyers
13 - Mariners
14 - Saints
15 - OC2
16 - Ducks2
17 - Jr Reign
18 - Kings2

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:01:39 AM by justanotherhockeydad »

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2017, 06:19:53 AM »
Now that we're all waiting for CAHA to hand down the verdict, I still stand by my original list as I believe this is how the early season ranking should be...

GSE2 (or Bears)
Bears (or GSE2)
OC1
GSE1
Empire
Blackhawks
Sharks
Wave1
Ducks1
Wave2
Kings1
Flyers
Saints
Mariners
OC2
Ducks2
Jr Reign
Kings2

But in reality, the list below is more likely what CAHA will dish out:

Top Flight:
1 - GSE2 (or Bears)
2 - Bears (or GSE2)
3 - GSE1
4 - OC1
5 - Empire
6 - Blackhawks
7 - Sharks
8 - Ducks1
9 - Wave1
10 - Kings1

Lower Flight:
11 - Wave2
12 - Flyers
13 - Mariners
14 - Saints
15 - OC2
16 - Ducks2
17 - Jr Reign
18 - Kings2

I believe Mariners have beaten Flyers twice in the last week yet you rank Flyers higher. Interesting. The fact that Kings(1) is ranked higher than both of them is based on what?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:24:31 AM by Miss My 48080 »

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:50 AM »
I believe Mariners have beaten Flyers twice in the last week yet you rank Flyers higher. Interesting. The fact that Kings(1) is ranked higher than both of them is based on what?

My original list was based on results of Jamboree and Flyers did lose to Mariners IIRC... If someone would've post the score of the Mariner vs Flyers game(s) from last week, I would put Mariners above Flyers.

Obviously there's no way of accurately predicting where teams rank this early on but I think is safe to say Wave2, Flyers, Mariners, Kings1 and Saints are all middle of the pack. I believe you and I will agree that in reality, Kings1 will soon be placed in top flight, leaving the 4 mid level teams to duke it out for lower flight supremacy.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2017, 08:55:21 AM »
The fact that Kings(1) is ranked higher than both of them is based on what?
Ummm, they're the Kings?  Please keep in mind who pulls the strings in California Hockey...

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
I don't want to beat the proverbial dead horse, but you knew the results of San Jose when you made the list and still placed the losing team above the winning team. Does a team have to beat another team twice to be get a higher ranking?

As for Jr. Kings(1) I am not going to prematurely jump to conclusions and say they will be "selected" for the top flight. I suspect it may happen for all the wrong reasons but am going to withhold judgment until we see the final decisions from CAHA. There are no scores or stats supporting Kings(1) being placed in the top flight. They went winless in San Jose and have been given a pre-season schedule filled with bottom-ranked teams. They should run the table the next three weeks and that would still leave us with no new information.

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:24 AM »
The fact that Kings(1) is ranked higher than both of them is based on what?
Ummm, they're the Kings?  Please keep in mind who pulls the strings in California Hockey...

On the other hand, maybe JK1 will ask to be put in the lower flight, where they would do well and have a real shot at making playdowns.  Doubtful, but you never know.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »
Kings 1 coach already was telling other coaches his Kings 1 made flight one. Other coach said how could that be you didn't win a game? Kings coach said well it's not just based on wins.

It's good to be a King.  ;D

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »
I don't want to beat the proverbial dead horse, but you knew the results of San Jose when you made the list and still placed the losing team above the winning team. Does a team have to beat another team twice to be get a higher ranking?

Yes, you're right. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I placed Flyers over Mariners. My bad. Flyers did lose to Mariners in Jamboree, but does it really matter? Like I said, the 4 mid pack teams will battle it out this season.

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
No, it doesn't really matter. You're right.

It's just frustrating because a system has been put in place to evaluate teams but we're slowly learning that the "evaluation" isn't a fair one. In San Jose someone on our team also heard a Jr. Kings(1) coach say he was told by a CAHA evaluator that, even though his team couldn't eek out a win, they get to go to Flight 1.

Yet still I trust the rational minds will prevail. I couldn't imagine the folks at CAHA would place their integrity into question when so many players, parents, coaches and club presidents are watching so closely.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:15:43 AM by Miss My 48080 »