This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324486 times)

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
could CAHA split the Filights 12/6 or 11/7? I think everyone can agree on the bottom 6 teams.

I think we agree on the bottom 5

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »
could CAHA split the Filights 12/6 or 11/7? I think everyone can agree on the bottom 6 teams.

I think we agree on the bottom 5
true, I'd like to see Mariners and Saints play each other for that final spot

NorcalDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »

Rule 9.9(3) says, "Flight 1 will have a maximum of 10 teams".

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »
Why does everyone want to put Mariners and Saints in the top flight?  I don't think either belong.

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

All those are clear top flight teams

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »
Why does everyone want to put Mariners and Saints in the top flight?  I don't think either belong.

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

Wrong

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Blackhawks
Empire

Clear top Flight you can argue the last 4
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:19:41 PM by Pistonkev »

HM

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-2
« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »
I think it was 8-5

Not sure how much it matters, but that was hardly a "game". At some point, the Bears sent 4 players on the ice, and told the Ducks "ok guys, pretend that you are on a power-play". So the Ducks played for a few minutes 5 on 4, and scored a goal. Then the Bears told the Ducks "now it's our turn for PP", but since they took too many chances on aggressive plays, and not yet having a single practice, the Ducks scored a shortie.  And so it went back and forth.
Pond hockey at best.

So, yes, I think the next game at KHS this Saturday will be a "real" game, with actual periods and time constraints.

The Bears were at full strength when the shorthanded Duck goal was scored. They also scored two PP goals with a final score of 9-5. The Bears looked rusty and they are certainly a better team than that scrimmage demonstrated. This weekend could turn out quite a bit different. The Ducks will be on a short bench with a couple of key injuries. The Bears have good players with excellent coaching and several games/scrimmages and their belts.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2017, 12:27:52 PM »

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

I'd have to agree with this list. You could argue both Wave teams and not Kings 1, but we all know that won't happen.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2017, 12:29:29 PM »

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

I'd have to agree with this list. You could argue both Wave teams and not Kings 1, but we all know that won't happen.

Please argue me how the Wada Wave should be top flight? I'm listening

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

What's your argument against? since you seem to have one. Always curious to hear someones perspective...

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2017, 12:41:52 PM »

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

What's your argument against? since you seem to have one. Always curious to hear someones perspective...

It's nothing personal they have cool parents and I have no issues with them.

It's an all 04 team and look how they did vs the top 5 teams. Will they be better in Dec Yes but if you are asking today they are not a top flight team.

Beat Ducks2 3-1 probably the 3rd worst team.
Lost 6-3 to Sharks
Tied Kings 1 who I think is flight 2
Beat a Saints team 3-1 that's bottom Flight
Lost to Bears 12-3

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2017, 01:04:20 PM »
I think it was 8-5

Not sure how much it matters, but that was hardly a "game". At some point, the Bears sent 4 players on the ice, and told the Ducks "ok guys, pretend that you are on a power-play". So the Ducks played for a few minutes 5 on 4, and scored a goal. Then the Bears told the Ducks "now it's our turn for PP", but since they took too many chances on aggressive plays, and not yet having a single practice, the Ducks scored a shortie.  And so it went back and forth.
Pond hockey at best.

So, yes, I think the next game at KHS this Saturday will be a "real" game, with actual periods and time constraints.

The Bears were at full strength when the shorthanded Duck goal was scored. They also scored two PP goals with a final score of 9-5. The Bears looked rusty and they are certainly a better team than that scrimmage demonstrated. This weekend could turn out quite a bit different. The Ducks will be on a short bench with a couple of key injuries. The Bears have good players with excellent coaching and several games/scrimmages and their belts.
Excuses already ?? Game hasn't even been played.

Remember......excuses are like assholes......everyone has one....and they all stink.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

It's nothing personal they have cool parents and I have no issues with them.

It's an all 04 team and look how they did vs the top 5 teams. Will they be better in Dec Yes but if you are asking today they are not a top flight team.

Beat Ducks2 3-1 probably the 3rd worst team.
Lost 6-3 to Sharks
Tied Kings 1 who I think is flight 2
Beat a Saints team 3-1 that's bottom Flight
Lost to Bears 12-3
I see WW 10, at  best, right now. Come the New Year, top half.
JMHO  :)
Would they be able to beat the bears, gses and oc1s of the world ?  Probably not consistently. But will put scare in them.

DD

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2017, 01:33:32 PM »
I heard a rumor that Jr Reign Bantam AA team is scrimmaging OCHC Bantam A team this Saturday...

The Hun

« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2017, 01:40:08 PM »

Would they be able to beat the bears, gses and oc1s of the world ?  Probably not consistently. But will put scare in them.

Let's hope so. The Bears need dance partners. Otherwise, it will be a long boring season.
The more you win, the less you learn.  Ideally, a 50/50 winning % creates a good balance between improving while also gaining confidence. When you win 90% of your games, then you better look for teams who can beat you, or you've got a big problem.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:59:15 PM by The Hun »

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Sharks
Blackhawks
Empire
Ducks1
Kings1
Wave 1 or 2

Wrong

Bears
GSE 1
GSE 2
OC1
Blackhawks
Empire

Clear top Flight you can argue the last 4

Argue the last 4 to be in the top flight maybe...but those last 4, in most cases, would certainly be the TOP of a bottom flight...and with politics filling likely 2 of the 4 spots...only two to be "open" really....