This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324477 times)

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2017, 07:22:27 PM »
OCHC (2 ) 4 JRDucks (2) 4

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
Player was transported by Ambulance to Trauma Center.  CT Scan was negative and will be released.  Not sure of prognosis but probably a concussion.  Parent had the video, player hit his head into glass then his chin hit the runner of the boards causing loss of consciousness.  Not a hard hit by Empire player just one of those things.  Kinda scary watching a kid removed on a back board...we are glad he is okay :)
Glad he's ok.

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
So some interesting games this weekend.  I thought Id take a shot at the top ten standings.  8)
Hard to place the Norcal teams outside of how they did in San Jose, since we don't seem to get much news on their scrimmage games.
Here goes:

1) GSE 2 (no news, but have them still on top)
2) Bears (won big over another AAA team, assume they beat saints)
3) OC1 (beat Empire 5-2)
4) GSE 1 (no news)
5) Sharks (no news)
6) Ducks1 (beat Empire 7-2 and Mariners 5-1)
7) Empire (lost to Ducks1 2-7, lost to OC1 2-5)
8 ) Blackhawks (no news)
9) Wave2 (beat Saints 2-1)
10) Kings1 (beat Wave1 4-0)

11) Wave1 (lost to Kings1 0-4)
12) Mariners (lost to Ducks1 1-5)

Let me know what you guys think.  2 awesome games upcoming this weekend.
Bears vs OC1
Wave1 vs Wave2 (Civil War at Aretesia!)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2017, 11:50:50 AM »
Bears vs. Saints 8:0 (after beating Ducks AAA '04 7:0 the day before.
Good week for their goalie, he doesn't have a single goal against. The joke was that "we are not sure if there will be another goal against us this year". I thought it was funny.

This coming weekend, da Bears have 3 games:
Saturday a prep-school show-case game against the AAA Gulls at Pickwick.
Sunday game against OC1 in the morning (big game)
Game against AAA Kings '04 in the afternoon.

I am hearing that the Bears are getting a lot of calls from other teams, for scrimmages.  Sounds great for the kids (and the rest of us). 3 games a week would be perfect.
Like Mr Wolf said, "Let's not start sucking each other's d#/k quite yet. "

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #334 on: September 18, 2017, 12:06:02 PM »
Like Mr Wolf said, "Let's not start sucking each other's d#/k quite yet. "
LOL.  Bears are good, no doubt.  But beating an 04 AAA team followed by pounding the Saints, with upcoming games against the weakest 03 AAA team and another 04 AAA team doesn't seem like much of a test or challenge.  Why aren't you guys playing the likes of Kings 03 AAA or some of the better 16AA teams?  You'll probably handle OC1 just fine, but I'm not seeing anything to go pounding your chest about.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #335 on: September 18, 2017, 12:22:44 PM »
  You'll probably handle OC1 just fine, but I'm not seeing anything to go pounding your chest about.

I agree with you.
It was almost embarrassing, sitting among the parents of the opposing team and rooting for your own kids.  I was talking to a Swedish parent (of the Saints), great conversation, but every time the Bears scored, I cringed. When the Saints laid a couple of good hits, everybody applauded and cheered. When the Bears scored, deep silence, followed by thinly veiled apologies.
Tough to sit through a game like that (and drive 4.5 hours for it).

Same with the Ducks AAA game. Not quite as bad, but close. The Ducks did have a few chances though, it was nice to see that.

What can one do. Can't blame the kids for winning. But definitely not wins that one can be bragging about. Sorry if I came across that way.

Why not play AAA?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #336 on: September 18, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »
Da Bears are a good team but certainly not unbeatable.

The regular season hasn't even started.   It's early and a few things are probably going to happen.   Teams will narrow the gap. Kids will get hurt ect.

So admire yourself in the mirror while flexing now.  Attila.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #337 on: September 18, 2017, 04:02:17 PM »
Da Bears are a good team but certainly not unbeatable.

The regular season hasn't even started.   It's early and a few things are probably going to happen.   Teams will narrow the gap. Kids will get hurt ect.

So admire yourself in the mirror while flexing now.  Attila.
GSE2 beat them at the Jamboree

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #338 on: September 18, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »
Uh-oh.  Shades of the disappearance of Zam Driver.  The Hun's posts removed.  Looks like the nail that stuck out got hammered...

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #339 on: September 18, 2017, 04:40:52 PM »

Let me know what you guys think.  2 awesome games upcoming this weekend.
Bears vs OC1
Wave1 vs Wave2 (Civil War at Aretesia!)

Zam Dad

Bears vs OC1 should be a good game...kids are coming off of a rough week with a player getting hurt on the ice

Wave vs Wave...don't see it being a civil war once you have the size of the bodies play into this game. 03's should have no problem with the 04's

Good luck to all though.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:57:06 PM by A1Hockey Fan »

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2017, 06:02:38 PM »
 What a douche

I'm sure the team is talented.  I haven't seen them play yet.  But it's too bad for the kids that have this creep hanging around.

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2017, 06:49:10 PM »
What a douche

I'm sure the team is talented.  I haven't seen them play yet.  But it's too bad for the kids that have this creep hanging around.

And you would be referring to whom exactly?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
What a douche

And you would be referring to whom exactly?
Shit, that could be any one of us.  :-[

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2017, 10:43:08 PM »
People keep asking why the Bears don't go AAA.  It's pretty simple really -- it's a huge headache if you don't have a franchise.

Unlike the franchised programs, you have to "prove" you can do it with a lot of documentation, and then there's that pesky rule requiring a club with a AAA team, to have 2 AA teams, which the Bears do not have, and are unlikely to ever have, given the fact that they decided to drop their Midget program a few seasons back. 

It's possible that if the Bears were to go to CAHA and request advancement to AAA they would get approval, but there's not much upside for the club to engage in that, when they can still play the AAA teams who badly need local games to play against AA teams who can challenge them.  The Bears can play AA or AAA as it suits them, and if AA gets stale, they can seek out higher level  competition at tournaments. 

This is the system that CAHA put into place:  a few AAA programs with a small number of kids who will ever participate, and a bunch of red tape discouraging other teams from building up a program, or even recognizing that a particular team has a high concentration of talent and ability.  CAHA's system will not grow the sport of hockey in California, but it doesn't seem that is the goal of these rules.

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2017, 07:46:09 AM »
You nailed it again!  AA makes so much more sense, you play many games locally with options to play more diverse games as they fit, with a noticeably lighter wallet load and more open calendar to do privates with whom and when you want.  The parents are less sticky as well - a real team experience and you don't have to home school to keep up.   That is So Cal hockey.   CAHA's rules are not about growing youth hockey, they are about control.  So be it.