This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324585 times)

Another Blown Call

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-3
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
Completely disagree with Blind Zebras. The game was very close through two periods.
Predetermined......not. Nice try.

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #451 on: September 25, 2017, 05:49:54 PM »
Completely disagree with Blind Zebras. The game was very close through two periods.

I was expecting a response somewhere along the lines of, "If you knew anything about tier hockey and CAHA you'd realize this was only a preseson game and didn't count for anything. Our coach used the opportunity to experiment with different lines, let the goalie play center and see what would happen if the entire team participated in a midnight marathon right before the game."

Perhaps we'll see these types of resposes every time a Flight 2 team beats a Flight 1 team in a tournament or weekly SCAHA game this season. Should be fun to watch.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:50:33 PM by Miss My 48080 »

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #452 on: September 25, 2017, 05:51:23 PM »
So did the 03's take it easy on the little brothers? Not taking anything from the 04's but I know several expected the 03's would win.

Game was pretty much a sh*t show from the get go. Wave1's objective appeared to be running their opponents with intent to intimidate and injure. No doubt It was one of the most reckless hockey game I've ever seen.

The Bears seemed to only checked to separate a player from the puck while OC seemed to be checking players out of the play to send a message.

Speaking of "sending a message," Wave1 is the exact opposite of the Bears. Zero discipline with maybe one or two skilled kids trying to go coast to coast. "Sending a message" was the name of their game with most hits being led with elbows and sticks, or worst yet, from behind.

It would've probably be a good game between the two Wave teams but Wave1 were too busy trying to act like a bunch of bad asses. Shame really, refs did try to keep things under control but Wave1 would not stop with the dirty hits... Wave1 coaches should take responsibilities for losing control of their bench and letting their kids pick up penalties after penalties.

Game ended with Wave1 picking up 14 penalties (without counting the ones they got away with), one shy of coach getting suspended.

The 14 penalties were as follow:

Head contact 2
 Misconduct 10
 Charging 5
 Misconduct 10
 Game misconduct - player kicked out
 Checking from behind 2
 Misconduct 10
 Tripping 2
 Boarding 2
 Misconduct 10
 Checking from behind 2
 Misconduct 10
 Roughing 2
 Roughing 2

Pretty sad to see a group of kids trying to run at opponents instead of playing hockey. Not sure what their coaches tell them on the bench or perhaps that's their brand of hockey, or maybe they don't know how to check or something, but it's dangerous, reckless and concerning for their opponents.

I'm sure Wave1 parents would disagree, but impossible to dispute the numerous penalties called on Wave1 and on multiple occasions they had so many kids in the box, it was embarrassing.

Wow...sounds like it was like being in a cage fight. Although I'm sure their parents may not see it that way. Hopefully no one was hurt. The club should be concerned with the lack of control the coach may have on his team....better yet the coach should be concerned about being suspended if they continue with those amount of penalties.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #453 on: September 25, 2017, 07:05:23 PM »
Hahaha!! The only thing close was the score. The Empire boys hardly celebrated the goals and laid off the hitting in the 3rd. OC's 1st goalie played well, that big O on his chest makes a nice target. I believe 2 of Empire's 1st three goals came shorthanded and they clearly had more scoring chances on the PK. If you have video be sure watch it without those rose-colored glasses...

Another Blown Call

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-3
Predictions for AA?
« Reply #454 on: September 25, 2017, 09:07:03 PM »
Blind Zebra......are you just bitter that the Ducks 04 AAA team beat your
boys 6-2 earlier in the day. I am sure that they held up and laid off the hitting
in the third like your boys did (not)....or maybe you had one too many beers in
the parking lot to remember the game.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #455 on: September 25, 2017, 10:13:36 PM »
I thank the Beer Gods for making that debacle watchable. I'm sure you're more interested in our morning game rather than the boat race that ensued later that evening.  No bitterness here except the time wasted responding to your delusions. If you'd like a rematch, the Empire might make room for you on a future Saturday morning. Bring your wallet and some tissue.

Wait, before you respond, are you an actual OC2 parent or just some troll?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:25:49 PM by BlindZebras »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #456 on: September 26, 2017, 08:36:56 AM »
I thank the Beer Gods for making that debacle watchable. I'm sure you're more interested in our morning game rather than the boat race that ensued later that evening.  No bitterness here except the time wasted responding to your delusions. If you'd like a rematch, the Empire might make room for you on a future Saturday morning. Bring your wallet and some tissue.

Wait, before you respond, are you an actual OC2 parent or just some troll?
BZ....too many beers in the parking lot ??
Should look into WW next year. ;)

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #457 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:24 AM »
BZ....too many beers in the parking lot ??
Should look into WW next year. ;)
Be careful what you wish for Trans.  He would join you if he could because he’s always looking for something?? but his kid’s an 03.  Went from Stars to the team that beat them all year OCHC, then the Bears beat OCHC so he decided to jump over there, now back to Ontario.  Hockey in SoCal is a small world and BZ obviously made a lot of friends along the way. :o :o

No one ever said that the 04s weren’t outplayed.  The statement was that they hung in there against an obviously bigger and more experienced team.  It’s funny how you’re now a CAHA evaluator talking puck possession, shots, scoring opportunities.  Ask GSE 2 who controlled the game when OCHC beat them last year in playoffs which sparked an attempt at some silly rule changes.  It’s hockey and unless the puck goes in the net, it doesn’t mean shit.  None of the all or mostly 04 teams expect to beat the all or mostly 03s.  Just trying to stay a bit competitive and build for next year just like your Bears AA team built to get beat in AAA the following year and then imploded losing the last 4 games to teams they had beaten all year. :-[ :-[

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #458 on: September 26, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »
blah, blah, blah...
Oh brother, again with the rose-colored glasses?  Do they have Lasik for myopic vision??  Apparently your penchant for delusional insight extends past hockey to my personal life.  Left the Stars because, well, there were no more Stars *poof* and just like that there was an exodus from Ontario (how long have you been around?)  Left OC for better coaching, and I'd do it again.  Despite the awesome people there, two years driving to Burbank was enough.  Now we're back close to home, low and behold - great coach and families.  If you're paying attention here, you MIGHT just see a pattern and it's not letter chasing much like yourself.  And yes, I've made many friends along the way.  Shocking, I know.

Now, it's laughable how you are discounting the pesky details and clinging to the one thing you're using to make your argument: the scoreboard after 2 periods.  Then, proceed to tout your glory season last year where you didn't make the playdowns, but wait, you did make the playdowns on a technicality, and claim credit for the two flight rule change.  I guess those 200 families running up and down to Vacaville and San Jose will have you to thank for that. Bravo.  In case you left after the 2nd period, the puck did go in the net what, 7 more times?  And just where do you draw the line for mostly 03s?  Is it three 04s? Four? Five?  That's how many Empire has, five.  What a power house.  If you're looking to be that AA team building up for next year, good luck.  I'm sure your games will be VERY competitive now that you've been sentenced to Flight 2.

I'm flattered that you've spent the time trying to get to know me, but let's try not to make this personal okay?  I don't know who you are.  I don't care who you are.  It's all in good fun.

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #459 on: September 26, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »
and claim credit for the two flight rule change. 

I believe UhhDuhh was referring to the 1st place team getting a free ticket to States not the 2 flight system

It's all in good fun.

Yes, lighten up Francis, you can spew whatever you want but it's only fun when you're doing it to KIDS hockey teams. Right?  Keep seeing OC with your crap colored glasses. Your constant bashing makes you obvious.  Next stop?  Out of State?  There are Prep Schools you can pay 20-30K to send your kid to.

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #460 on: September 26, 2017, 01:11:35 PM »

If you're paying attention here, you MIGHT just see a pattern and it's not letter chasing much like yourself. 

LMFAO, Ya traveling all over Timbuktu isn't chasing anything???

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #461 on: September 26, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
And just where do you draw the line for mostly 03s?  Is it three 04s? Four? Five?  That's how many Empire has, five.

I love the class the OCHC1 03 team has by not coming on the public form and saying what a waste of time it was shit kicking Empire.  I was making a comment to a parent who was obviously not at the game so I'm sorry it was so offensive to you for me to say that the 04s hung in there.  Were you playing? 

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #462 on: September 26, 2017, 01:16:56 PM »
Well, it says silly rule changes, so he either mistyped or you can't read.

And I'm not bashing the KIDS, just some adults' perceptions of what went down.  Got nothing against OC and know a lot of fine people there, with some exceptions...

The season will play itself out, you guys should try drinking more and worrying less.  Stay away from the IPAs though, you're already bitter enough.  Maybe drinks with little umbrellas?

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »
And just where do you draw the line for mostly 03s?  Is it three 04s? Four? Five?  That's how many Empire has, five.

I love the class the OCHC1 03 team has by not coming on the public form and saying what a waste of time it was shit kicking Empire.  I was making a comment to a parent who was obviously not at the game so I'm sorry it was so offensive to you for me to say that the 04s hung in there.  Were you playing?
:'( :'( :'( Suck it up, Buttercup.  As for the "shit kicking", it all evened out at last Saturday's exhibition.  Both games were close, it will be a fun match up all season.

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2017, 01:23:15 PM »
Well, it says silly rule changes, so he either mistyped or you can't read.

sparked an attempt at some silly rule changes.

Get the crap off your glasses!