This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324592 times)

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2017, 01:25:53 PM »
Fly poop in the pepper.  Moving on...

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #466 on: September 26, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »
Fly poop in the pepper.  Moving on...

Great lets get back to CAHA talk. lol

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #467 on: September 26, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
Man you guys need to chill... 8)

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #468 on: September 26, 2017, 02:05:26 PM »
Let's get back on track here.

So the new Flight system was to keep teams from getting blown out right?

Valencia 9- BF Wildcats 0

Simi 7 Ducks that should be A 1

Wada who is flight two ties Flight one Wave 3-3

Can someone tell me the Kings score?

Pass_the_puck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #469 on: September 26, 2017, 02:13:27 PM »
Vacaville rink won't see a dime from me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:14:44 PM by Pass_the_puck »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #470 on: September 26, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »

You mean a dime more then we already paid for their dumb CAHA weekend fee.

Pass_the_puck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #471 on: September 26, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »

You mean a dime more then we already paid for their dumb CAHA weekend fee.

I mean I wouldn't even buy my other kid a candy bar.

Pass_the_puck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #472 on: September 26, 2017, 02:39:04 PM »

Sounds like Flight 1 will enjoy a competitive season.
Top 2nd flight teams get hosed.  1. Lack of competition, 2. wasted money going to Vacaville and San Jose to play same So. Cal teams again, 3. One tiny shot at 8th seed for all of them to fight over. How nice it was for CAHA to decide that 7 of 8 teams are guaranteed to never see playdowns.

Laura Cahn says "It's too late to cancel November. And we can't cancel San Jose...What a shame it would be for the season to end in January."

If your team is #2-8 in flight2 by January, do you really care if it's over?  You would have had the same number of games played by then as you would have by the end of February.

And if you're #1 in flight2, your season isn't over in January.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #473 on: September 26, 2017, 02:46:19 PM »

Top 2nd flight teams get hosed.  1. Lack of competition, 2. wasted money going to Vacaville and San Jose to play same So. Cal teams again, 3. One tiny shot at 8th seed for all of them to fight over. How nice it was for CAHA to decide that 7 of 8 teams are guaranteed to never see playdowns.

Laura Cahn says "It's too late to cancel November. And we can't cancel San Jose...What a shame it would be for the season to end in January."

If your team is #2-8 in flight2 by January, do you really care if it's over?  You would have had the same number of games played by then as you would have by the end of February.

Flight two also has less teams so they will play less games.

Do flight two teams get some money back?

Maybe free candy bars at your rink Laura??

Pass_the_puck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #474 on: September 26, 2017, 02:48:39 PM »
Flight 2 pays $1300 less than flight 1.  The cost of the weekend ice slots I'm sure.  Of course Laura doesn't want to see that go. That's 10k

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #475 on: September 26, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »

Yeah but all those Flight 2 parents get to tell everyone that their Lil 70 pounder is playing Bantam AA! That's worth it right?  right?   ;)

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #476 on: September 26, 2017, 04:01:03 PM »

Yeah but all those Flight 2 parents get to tell everyone that their Lil 70 pounder is playing Bantam AA! That's worth it right?  right?   ;)

i swear the kids are getting smaller and smaller...

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #477 on: September 26, 2017, 04:08:01 PM »

there really should be height and weight minimum for the bantam level. What happens when you get, one of the smallest 04 and they end up going against one of the bigger 03 it is down right dangerous. I know a lot of kids go in into Bantam from peewee with out any checking clinics or classes or the new coach does not work with the new bantams on checking at all and then you get a Major Bantam with a year of checking under his bet, it doesn't look good for little johnny versus big johnny. Im very surprised there isn't  more injures.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #478 on: September 26, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »

there really should be height and weight minimum for the bantam level. What happens when you get, one of the smallest 04 and they end up going against one of the bigger 03 it is down right dangerous. I know a lot of kids go in into Bantam from peewee with out any checking clinics or classes or the new coach does not work with the new bantams on checking at all and then you get a Major Bantam with a year of checking under his bet, it doesn't look good for little johnny versus big johnny. Im very surprised there isn't  more injures.

This almost always results in a roughing penalty for the bigger kid.  The bigger kids learn that they can not go full speed against the little kids because if they do they are unfairly penalized. This is not how the game is played and it is BS!

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #479 on: September 26, 2017, 04:31:35 PM »
i guess you could say that is what the spring league should be used for, get the kids somewhat used to the idea of hitting. I know of a few kids that have stopped playing at that level, because they were down right scared to go out there.