This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324454 times)

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #480 on: September 26, 2017, 04:49:41 PM »
With greater emphasis being placed on concussion protocol and avoidance,  how is USA Hockey not addressing this? I know they aren't going head to head and there isn't full blown tackling like football, but crushing a smaller kid into the boards has resulted in serious injury. Does it come down to parental choice and buyer beware?

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #481 on: September 26, 2017, 04:55:09 PM »
Let's get back on track here.

So the new Flight system was to keep teams from getting blown out right?

Valencia 9- BF Wildcats 0

Simi 7 Ducks that should be A 1

Wada who is flight two ties Flight one Wave 3-3

Can someone tell me the Kings score?

Sounds like Flight 1 will enjoy a competitive season.
Top 2nd flight teams get hosed.  1. Lack of competition, 2. wasted money going to Vacaville and San Jose to play same So. Cal teams again, 3. One tiny shot at 8th seed for all of them to fight over. How nice it was for CAHA to decide that 7 of 8 teams are guaranteed to never see playdowns.

Laura Cahn says "It's too late to cancel November. And we can't cancel San Jose...What a shame it would be for the season to end in January."

If your team is #2-8 in flight2 by January, do you really care if it's over?  You would have had the same number of games played by then as you would have by the end of February.

And if you're #1 in flight2, your season isn't over in January.

Yeah but all those Flight 2 parents get to tell everyone that their Lil 70 pounder is playing Bantam AA! That's worth it right?  right?   ;)

Honestly I have seen small kids in both flights...all you can hope for is that they have sufficient speed to move and know when to pass the puck.

Every single team has small kids....not sure what the overall weight range is.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #482 on: September 26, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »
There are exceptions both ways. I've always thought of the idea of maybe having a 3rd year of peewee, and by then the kids may ballace out a bit more.

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #483 on: September 26, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »
Maybe they should just go back to checking in PeeWee. Most of the kids haven't hit puberty by age 11.

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #484 on: September 26, 2017, 08:12:08 PM »
Maybe they should just go back to checking in PeeWee. Most of the kids haven't hit puberty by age 11.
Most intelligent thing I read in here today. Other than LC bashing. She earned it

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #485 on: September 27, 2017, 10:06:20 AM »

Top 2nd flight teams get hosed.  1. Lack of competition, 2. wasted money going to Vacaville and San Jose to play same So. Cal teams again, 3. One tiny shot at 8th seed for all of them to fight over. How nice it was for CAHA to decide that 7 of 8 teams are guaranteed to never see playdowns.

Laura Cahn says "It's too late to cancel November. And we can't cancel San Jose...What a shame it would be for the season to end in January."

If your team is #2-8 in flight2 by January, do you really care if it's over?  You would have had the same number of games played by then as you would have by the end of February.

Yeah but all those Flight 2 parents get to tell everyone that their Lil 70 pounder is playing Bantam AA! That's worth it right?  right?   ;)

i swear the kids are getting smaller and smaller...

there really should be height and weight minimum for the bantam level. What happens when you get, one of the smallest 04 and they end up going against one of the bigger 03 it is down right dangerous. I know a lot of kids go in into Bantam from peewee with out any checking clinics or classes or the new coach does not work with the new bantams on checking at all and then you get a Major Bantam with a year of checking under his bet, it doesn't look good for little johnny versus big johnny. Im very surprised there isn't  more injures.

Because you can never have enough laws or enough rules.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #486 on: September 27, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »

i swear the kids are getting smaller and smaller...

there really should be height and weight minimum for the bantam level. What happens when you get, one of the smallest 04 and they end up going against one of the bigger 03 it is down right dangerous. I know a lot of kids go in into Bantam from peewee with out any checking clinics or classes or the new coach does not work with the new bantams on checking at all and then you get a Major Bantam with a year of checking under his bet, it doesn't look good for little johnny versus big johnny. Im very surprised there isn't  more injures.

Because you can never have enough laws or enough rules.

I would be happy if the ref's just followed the rules they already have.

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #487 on: September 28, 2017, 08:37:05 AM »
I think OCHC (2) should also be in this conversation.
You're such a tool! 3 clubs in 4 years and already quit again - never make playoffs? common denominator? Have fun paying dues for nothing.  Yes, OC2 is a minor year team with a few exceptions.  One Dec 03, One who never played ice (only roller) and a kid on his 3rd year in skates.  OC 1 last year went through the same process and now are in the running for the top 3-4 teams.  OC2 just lost to Empire in a game that was 2-1 going into the 3rd.  There's a huge difference in size between many of these kids and OC2 held their own until falling apart at the end.  I'm sure the Empire group didn't feel like it was a total waste of time.  Next week won't be any easier but they will get better just like Wada, Kings 2 and Ducks.  BYE TOOL
Why repost this?  Did you have anything to add or just stirring the pot?  Trying to keep up activity on the BN AA thread perhaps?

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #488 on: September 28, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »
I kind of finding it amusing. Reminds me of some Little league parents.  Bickering about who is best instead of letting the kids play and decide it.

HM

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-2
« Reply #489 on: September 28, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
I think OCHC (2) should also be in this conversation.
You're such a tool! 3 clubs in 4 years and already quit again - never make playoffs? common denominator? Have fun paying dues for nothing.  Yes, OC2 is a minor year team with a few exceptions.  One Dec 03, One who never played ice (only roller) and a kid on his 3rd year in skates.  OC 1 last year went through the same process and now are in the running for the top 3-4 teams.  OC2 just lost to Empire in a game that was 2-1 going into the 3rd.  There's a huge difference in size between many of these kids and OC2 held their own until falling apart at the end.  I'm sure the Empire group didn't feel like it was a total waste of time.  Next week won't be any easier but they will get better just like Wada, Kings 2 and Ducks.  BYE TOOL
Why repost this?  Did you have anything to add or just stirring the pot?  Trying to keep up activity on the BN AA thread perhaps?

Actually the comment that went with the quote was removed I think. The comment stated that another poster was actually a coach and named the coach along with the poster's personal history with the coach.

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #490 on: September 28, 2017, 10:20:09 AM »
Interesting. Well, the entire post is gone now so there you go.

Tie My Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-12
« Reply #491 on: September 29, 2017, 09:18:06 PM »
trans where did you get the schedule this week? Doesn't match SCAHA schedule, long night at the rink?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #492 on: September 29, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »
trans where did you get the schedule this week? Doesn't match SCAHA schedule, long night at the rink?
My bad  :-[

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #493 on: September 29, 2017, 09:33:55 PM »
My bad  :-[
.......Let's try this again....

This weeks pick (So Cal only because Giants STILL suck !)

Lady Ducks                             vs                     JD2                 LD BY 1 (SORRY)

Mariners                                  vs                     Empire           Empire by 4

Jr Flyers                                  vs                     JK1                 JK1 by 3

JD1                                         vs                     Junior BFs       JD1 by 15 (STILL OWES ME $$)

Wave 1                                    vs                     JK2                Wave1 by 3

OC2                                         vs                     Da Bears        DBs by 13

WW                                          vs                     Saints            WW by 2

Good luck everyone !!

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #494 on: October 01, 2017, 03:01:56 PM »
Any scores yet?