This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324403 times)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #540 on: October 08, 2017, 07:17:38 PM »
This week's picks for the Red Headed Step Child Flight

Benny's.                Vs.             Mariners.     Mariners by 6

Saints.                    Vs.            Oc2.             Saints by 2

Jr Flyers.                Vs.            Jd2.             IF by 2

Mariners.              Vs.              JK2.             Mariners by 4

Benny's.                   Vs.            WW.             WW by 3

Benny's.                   Vs.             Saints.        Saints  by 5

Jk2.                          Vs.              Jd2.            Jk2 by 1

Mariners.                  Vs.             JF.               Mariners by 2

WW.                           Vs.             OC2.            WW by 2

OC2.                          Vs.             Benny's.       OC2 by 2

WW.                           VS.             Saints.         WW by 1

JK2.                           Vs.             J Flyers.      JF by 1

Good luck everyone
Jr Flyers screwing me twice !!

Freezing

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #541 on: October 09, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »
Interesting weekend for sure. Empire is really showing grit and potential for growth and success. They have one of the best goalies who held Bears 3-3 up into the third period. It will be interesting to watch them develop. They have big kids and coach has them pretty disciplined even if they have mouths.

The bears have always been and will remain the team to beat. Although they are not the biggest they are fast and play smart. Coach uses their talent and the boys are disciplined and work. They are fast and anticipate each play and trust each other--good hockey

GSE 1/2 both played hard but overall looked middle of the pack.

The real shock was OCHC 1 really choking. They appeared strong in San Jose with their robust bench and physical smart play. Then it seems like they brought the same team from last season to Valencia. Trying to make something work that might not be there. Perhaps without Green on their bench rolling the lines, coaching, and using their entire bench the magic is just not there (he was busy putting up a W for his season opener). Not to mention their penalties

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #542 on: October 09, 2017, 07:13:54 AM »
A couple of other shockers were the Sharks and Blackhawks.  They seemed to play all over the place.  Capable of some big wins followed by some questionable losses.  Had not seen the Sharks up until this weekend but was surprised that they beat GSE2 5-2 but then lose to Empire and Ducks.  Then Blackhawks beat Ducks but lose to Empire.  It appears a lot of teams are still searching for their identity.  I'm sure things will even out as the season progresses, but I think the initial predictions were a bit off.

Ooops, can't forget the Kings.  I think they raised some eyebrows this weekend too.  Up 2-0 against the Bears eventually losing 6-3, and up 3-0 over Ducks ending in a tie, they might be better than people thought.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:23:47 AM by BlindZebras »

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #543 on: October 09, 2017, 08:08:04 AM »
Interesting weekend for sure. Empire is really showing grit and potential for growth and success. They have one of the best goalies who held Bears 3-3 up into the third period. It will be interesting to watch them develop. They have big kids and coach has them pretty disciplined even if they have mouths.

The bears have always been and will remain the team to beat. Although they are not the biggest they are fast and play smart. Coach uses their talent and the boys are disciplined and work. They are fast and anticipate each play and trust each other--good hockey

GSE 1/2 both played hard but overall looked middle of the pack.

The real shock was OCHC 1 really choking. They appeared strong in San Jose with their robust bench and physical smart play. Then it seems like they brought the same team from last season to Valencia. Trying to make something work that might not be there. Perhaps without Green on their bench rolling the lines, coaching, and using their entire bench the magic is just not there (he was busy putting up a W for his season opener). Not to mention their penalties

OC was with 4 skaters pretty much the entire weekend. Lack of discipline really hurt them. Hopefully for them, they will right that ship. (OC blew 2 leads, both in the last few minutes...) It’s definitely going to be an exciting year in the top flight. My question is why were Ducks 1 shooting on an empty net  (wave) at the end of a blow out game when the score was like 9 to 1 ? (Celebrating each empty netter) 😳🙄😬
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:09:46 AM by orangecone »

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #544 on: October 09, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
My question is why were Ducks 1 shooting on an empty net  (wave) at the end of a blow out game when the score was like 9 to 1 ? (Celebrating each empty netter) 😳🙄😬
Is that why the score was 17-2??  A bunch of empty-netters?  Yikes...

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #545 on: October 09, 2017, 08:39:56 AM »
My question is why were Ducks 1 shooting on an empty net  (wave) at the end of a blow out game when the score was like 9 to 1 ? (Celebrating each empty netter) 😳🙄😬
Is that why the score was 17-2??  A bunch of empty-netters?  Yikes...
Yes....( I saw I think 5 empty netters)  it was embarrassing to see them celebrating each goal. Poor sportsmanship at its finest
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:41:53 AM by orangecone »

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2017, 08:41:06 AM »
well if you know anything about that team, its not surprising.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:46 AM »
So my question is why was the goalie pulled and they went empty net? Were both Goalies hurt?

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
So my question is why was the goalie pulled and they went empty net? Were both Goalies hurt?
I watched the 1st period and came back towards the end of the 3rd. It was like 9 to 1 or something like that and the wave were without a goalie. I heard he got kicked out.... not sure why. From that point on I watched and saw Ducks 1 going 100 percent.... maybe a Ducks or wave parent can chime in.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2017, 08:56:08 AM »

Like I said before, Wave1 just can't and won't stay out of the box... I heard goalie got into a fight and was kicked out of the game.

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2017, 09:12:34 AM »
Is there added animosity since several Ducks players came from that Wave team?

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2017, 09:32:40 AM »
Wave parent told me that there were a few Duck parents telling their kids to stop scoring... and the coach was yelling at them for not shooting... I was in the rink for the 17th goal... listening to about half the parents cheering just as load as if it was the 1st.  Sickening.  I would be embarrassed if it was my team doing that. 

Anybody know why there was not a running clock?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »
Wave parent told me that there were a few Duck parents telling their kids to stop scoring... and the coach was yelling at them for not shooting... I was in the rink for the 17th goal... listening to about half the parents cheering just as load as if it was the 1st.  Sickening.  I would be embarrassed if it was my team doing that. 

Anybody know why there was not a running clock?

Great question as we were up 10-0 going into the third and they never ran a clock. I was told that since GD matters they will not be running the clocks at CAHA weekends.

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2017, 10:04:04 AM »
would love to get CRASH's take on this...

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #554 on: October 09, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »
Running up the score that much on an empty should be penalized, not counted in GD, in my opinion. Unsportsmanlike at the very least.