This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324557 times)

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #555 on: October 09, 2017, 10:11:36 AM »
unsportsmanlike for running up the score or for the goalie jumping on someone and throwing punches. sometimes you get what you deserve. What was the score before the goalie was ejected? I heard it was 12-1, if so, that's only 5 empty net goals.

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #556 on: October 09, 2017, 10:15:36 AM »
The goalie is a child. The coach is supposed to be an adult.

Mind you I'm a parent who was unimpressed with the Wave behavior this weekend. But it needs to stop somewhere.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #557 on: October 09, 2017, 10:21:19 AM »
 So what is the story with OC1?

I thought they were a top 4 team going into this weekend.

Now they look like they will be between 6-8

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #558 on: October 09, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

Penalties,   penalties,  and more penalties.

Freezing

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #559 on: October 09, 2017, 11:06:30 AM »

Penalties,   penalties,  and more penalties.

So many penalties and they looked  sloppy and tired. Caught the tail end of Saturday nights game against the wave and they got scored on in the last four minutes--no line change--and then scored on again within what seemed like a minute. The boys look tired and more anxious to skate to the other end to score. They are physically big and have a deep bench but they are shooting themselves in the foot. The wave in that same game were pretty dirty as well (seems to be a trend eh?) I caught a few Empire games and I am pleasantly surprised with their grit based on what they started the season with and losing a few key players to the bears. Hamacher is a good coach and expects every boy to work. I want to see them matched against the Bears soon.

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #560 on: October 09, 2017, 11:20:43 AM »
The wave in that same game were pretty dirty as well (seems to be a trend eh?)

It does seem like a trend...it is understood that the kids are 13-14 years of age and have raging hormones but the question that I keep hearing over and over is....where is the discipline from the Coach or Coaches? do they absolutely not have any control of the team? As a parent I would be ashamed to be linked to what is going on there or maybe the club president should step up or step in. A shame because they do have a few skilled players.

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #561 on: October 09, 2017, 11:39:26 AM »

OC has one issue... penalties. Skating short handed does a few things...mainly it messes
The lines up and wears out the skaters. OC will be fine as long as the players that continue to go in the box become more disciplined in the near future. OC was very flat for the opening 2 periods vs the WAve (wave goalie was fantastic as well) and OC  played a solid game against the sharks and came up short.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:41:33 AM by orangecone »

RatherBeSailing

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #562 on: October 09, 2017, 11:59:26 AM »
unsportsmanlike for running up the score or for the goalie jumping on someone and throwing punches. sometimes you get what you deserve. What was the score before the goalie was ejected? I heard it was 12-1, if so, that's only 5 empty net goals.

It was 9 to 1 at the time the goalie was ejected.  Each additional goal was celebrated including the one that went in at the final buzzer.  Ducks continued full speed, even taking two offensive zone penalties in the frenzy to score - otherwise it COULD have been more. "Sometimes you get what you deserve" no doubt applies here.  Giving them "what they deserve" should always be a higher priority than sportsmanship or decorum.  It teaches the kids what's important in sports.

The goalie showed no restraint in the situation which frees up the opposing coach from any obligation to show restraint.

Good thing the Ducks taught that goalie the lesson that he and his team deserved for his mistake.  An unsportsmanlike act should always be addressed with good aggressive unsportsmanlike oneupsmanship.  It was fun to watch.  Makes one proud of California hockey.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #563 on: October 09, 2017, 12:04:14 PM »

It does seem like a trend...it is understood that the kids are 13-14 years of age and have raging hormones but the question that I keep hearing over and over is....where is the discipline from the Coach or Coaches? do they absolutely not have any control of the team? As a parent I would be ashamed to be linked to what is going on there or maybe the club president should step up or step in. A shame because they do have a few skilled players.

Wave1 coaches obviously have zero control over their kids, or worst yet, are telling them to play like thugs. Sure they have a few skilled kids, but sadly they're the ones hitting late, boarding or elbowing kids in the head. As far as their parents, I hear them cheering when their kids dish out dirty hits and whining when refs send them to the box.

I understand young men at 13-14 can be unpredictable and we can always blame it on raging hormones. But by now, they've played enough hockey to know what's right and what's wrong. If you play like thugs out there trying to lay big hits and hurt people instead of playing hockey, you deserve what you get. If my kid continuously ends up in the box with late dirty hits, no way will I be cheering for him to behave like a thug.

Honor the game, play it the right way or you ain't playing at all.

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #564 on: October 09, 2017, 12:05:42 PM »
Great question as we were up 10-0 going into the third and they never ran a clock. I was told that since GD matters they will not be running the clocks at CAHA weekends.
No more cap at 7 GD per game?

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #565 on: October 09, 2017, 12:09:33 PM »

It was 9 to 1 at the time the goalie was ejected.  Each additional goal was celebrated including the one that went in at the final buzzer.  Ducks continued full speed, even taking two offensive zone penalties in the frenzy to score - otherwise it COULD have been more. "Sometimes you get what you deserve" no doubt applies here.  Giving them "what they deserve" should always be a higher priority than sportsmanship or decorum.  It teaches the kids what's important in sports.

The goalie showed no restraint in the situation which frees up the opposing coach from any obligation to show restraint.

Good thing the Ducks taught that goalie the lesson that he and his team deserved for his mistake.  An unsportsmanlike act should always be addressed with good aggressive unsportsmanlike oneupsmanship.  It was fun to watch.  Makes one proud of California hockey.

Wow
What an ass.... what would of really been cool is, that  regardless of a goalie or a team playing cheap or whatever the wave were doing, would of been for the other team to just skate it around, pass or dump it. #class
You look like more of an ass responding like that to poor sportsmanship. #beerleague

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #566 on: October 09, 2017, 12:11:54 PM »

Stick tap for the sarcasm...lol

...wait, I HOPE that was sarcasm...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:13:00 PM by BlindZebras »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »

Wave1 coaches obviously have zero control over their kids, or worst yet, are telling them to play like thugs. Sure they have a few skilled kids, but sadly they're the ones hitting late, boarding or elbowing kids in the head. As far as their parents, I hear them cheering when their kids dish out dirty hits and whining when refs send them to the box.

I understand young men at 13-14 can be unpredictable and we can always blame it on raging hormones. But by now, they've played enough hockey to know what's right and what's wrong. If you play like thugs out there trying to lay big hits and hurt people instead of playing hockey, you deserve what you get. If my kid continuously ends up in the box with late dirty hits, no way will I be cheering for him to behave like a thug.

Honor the game, play it the right way or you ain't playing at all.

Seems like you really have an ax to grind against Wave 1.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »
Anybody else get "Magnifico'd" this weekend? ;D ;D ;D

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #569 on: October 09, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »

Seems like you really have an ax to grind against Wave 1.

I have an axe to grind against any team that plays like a bunch of dirty thugs trying to hurt other kids instead of focusing on playing the game.