This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324404 times)

vyushenko

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #570 on: October 09, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »
Great question as we were up 10-0 going into the third and they never ran a clock. I was told that since GD matters they will not be running the clocks at CAHA weekends.
No more cap at 7 GD per game?

4. Goal Differential In determining goal differential, any game won by more than a six (6) goal margin will count only as a six (6) goal win. In determining goals scored, any game in which more than eight (8) goals are scored will only count as eight (8) goals scored. This will prevent teams from trying to run-up the score on an out-manned opponent.

http://www.caha.com/docs/2017-2019%20CAHA%20Guidebook%20(rev%2020170714).pdf

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #571 on: October 09, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »

Seems like you really have an ax to grind against Wave 1.

I have an axe to grind against any team that plays like a bunch of dirty thugs trying to hurt other kids instead of focusing on playing the game.

I did not see this game so, I can not speak to that game.  I do not know if you were there ether but, it sounds like you where since you think they played like thugs. There are lots of reasons a goalie can loose his shit, happens to the best of them...  That could be any team on on any given game.  Depends on which colored glasses you are wearing.  The refereeing in youth hockey is extremely inconsistent and a lot of things are missed or unfairly called. 

That said, I do think it is bad form to run up a 17-2 score because the other team does not have a goalie regardless of the reason the goalie is not on the ice.

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #572 on: October 09, 2017, 12:38:38 PM »

I have an axe to grind against any team that plays like a bunch of dirty thugs trying to hurt other kids instead of focusing on playing the game.

I did not see this game so, I can not speak to that game.  I do not know if you were there ether but, it sounds like you where since you think they played like thugs. There are lots of reasons a goalie can loose his shit, happens to the best of them...  That could be any team on on any given game.  Depends on which colored glasses you are wearing.  The refereeing in youth hockey is extremely inconsistent and a lot of things are missed or unfairly called. 

That said, I do think it is bad form to run up a 17-2 score because the other team does not have a goalie regardless of the reason the goalie is not on the ice.

Ordinarily I'd agree it's bad form to run up the score.  But as many others have pointed out, the Wave 1 coaches either have no control over their own players or are telling them to play hockey like it's a cage fighting match. Since nobody seems willing to step in and stop this dangerous nonsense, it's hard to blame other teams for taking matters into their own hands.

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #573 on: October 09, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »

SkatingDad...it has been addressed a few times by different people from different teams the same way. "Wave1 play dirty and the Coach has no control of their team" This is the first time that I hear the goalie lost his cool but the players are a whole different story.

If you are a Wave1 parent you should really be looking at the team and questioning the type of coaching your kid is getting. There is no development when you are just gooning it up.

Stay Classy folks!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:42:05 PM by A1Hockey Fan »

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #574 on: October 09, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »

I get it. I’d be frustrated as well. But, it’s still much cooler to not stoop to their level if that was the case.
They play physical ( the wave) some teams will try and match that and get caught up in the cheap play. The good teams play their game and don’t let it get to them. The classy teams know who they are and focus on playing the game. There’s no room, especially in youth hockey for that type of play. You ended up looking worse than the Wave by doing that.

CaliDog

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #575 on: October 09, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
I have film of the Ducks-Wave incident.  A Ducks player basically gets assaulted by multiple Wave players for no other reason than that he's trying to score in front of the net. 

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #576 on: October 09, 2017, 01:05:31 PM »
Still have yet to see the Wave play, so it will be interesting to witness any of this firsthand.  Maybe I should stop boozing it up in the parking lot before games, but who am I kidding?

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #577 on: October 09, 2017, 01:27:13 PM »

SkatingDad...it has been addressed a few times by different people from different teams the same way. "Wave1 play dirty and the Coach has no control of their team" This is the first time that I hear the goalie lost his cool but the players are a whole different story.

If you are a Wave1 parent you should really be looking at the team and questioning the type of coaching your kid is getting. There is no development when you are just gooning it up.

Stay Classy folks!

I am not a Wave 1 parent. 

If your kid is on the smaller side and is getting crushed by a kid then, you are going to yell goon, others would call it physical play.  Physical play for Bantams is very subjective and every team has a hot head.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #578 on: October 09, 2017, 01:46:49 PM »

Stay Classy folks!

If your kid is on the smaller side and is getting crushed by a kid then, you are going to yell goon, others would call it physical play.  Physical play for Bantams is very subjective and every team has a hot head.

One thing is to play physical, to which I have no problem.  But when you have players coming in elbows high every time, that's not cool.  We all want our kids to be physical BUT CLEAN .
Not all Wave 1 players are that way (just most) but the bad Karma from those other players hit them this weekend like a grenade.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:48:15 PM by trans4761 »

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #579 on: October 09, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »
I don't care how dirty a team is.... and Wave 1 has been dirty... 17 goals is excessive and uncalled for.   Especially the celebrations.

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #580 on: October 09, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »

Stay Classy folks!

SkatingDad, I guess you haven't seen Wave 1 play yet, so forgive those of us who have for taking your comments on the topic with a truckload of salt.  It has nothing to do with size -- in fact, Wave 1 are not even a particularly big team, which is one reason why their chicken$#&^ will come home to roost.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #581 on: October 09, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »
running up a score has always been a hot topic, ever since my son was a mite there has been the discussion on what a coach should do. In this instance, it's not the Ducks fault the Wave only has one goalie. In other instances, it's a team playing in the wrong level. Should kids stop playing the game they've been waiting for all week to play? How do you let up in Bantam AA without giving the other team the advantage? I find it hard to be upset at a team that keeps playing the game the way they've been taught to play.
Saying that, it is classless to keep celebrating the goals, especially when there is no goalie in net. Guaranteed our coach would sit a player for the rest of the game if he celebrated a goal with that big of a lead and no goalie in net. But it's Tier hockey and they shouldn't have to take their foot off the gas peddle!

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #582 on: October 09, 2017, 02:58:19 PM »

Stay Classy folks!

SkatingDad, I guess you haven't seen Wave 1 play yet, so forgive those of us who have for taking your comments on the topic with a truckload of salt.  It has nothing to do with size -- in fact, Wave 1 are not even a particularly big team, which is one reason why their chicken$#&^ will come home to roost.

I have seem them play and there are some tall kids. 

These are kids we are talking about!  The coaches and parents should be ashamed of themselves for cheering for running up a 17-2 score with an empty next.  You included! They are kids.

BTW, I prefer Sea Salt and Bantam Chickens.

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #583 on: October 09, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »
I don't care how dirty a team is.... and Wave 1 has been dirty... 17 goals is excessive and uncalled for.   Especially the celebrations.

Im not sure why this has become an issue all of a sudden.  Its not like we haven't had blow out wins in this division already...
OCHC1 14 Ducks2 0
Bears 16 OCHC2 0
The boards didn't blow up after these games???

So is it the no goalie thing? I blame that on the coach.  How are you not carrying another goalie?

Not sure if any of you have played against a team that does not have a goalie.  Yeah it sucks.  Its basically a lose/lose situation.
If you try to play hockey, everyone blames you for shooting on an empty net.  If you sit back and take it easy, the other team is still pressing with 6 skaters.

So how bout Wave1 parents get there coach to roster another goalie.   ;)

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #584 on: October 09, 2017, 03:27:13 PM »

Interesting that you're leaning towards blaming the victims rather than the culprit... I have no issues with a smaller kid getting crushed, as long as the hit was CLEAN, not late and not malicious. This is bantam hockey and we all know what we're getting into. But Wave1's brand of hockey is clearly questionable and I have experienced it first hand when they played my kid's team. You're not wrong saying every team has a hothead, Wave1 just happens to have multiple of those and it's apparent that the coaches either no longer have control or are instructing them to behave as such. Either way is sad and disturbing.

Bantam hockey can be subjective but when you have multiple ejections plus 2&10's every single game, truth can no longer be denied. Winning or losing is secondary but SAFETY is paramount. Sooner or later CAHA and/or karma will catch up and Wave1 will be disciplined. Although coaches can be blamed for their team's on/off ice behavior, players themselves at this age, must be accountable for their actions.

Running up the score?! Generally I'm not a fan of it but in this case, it seems more of a distraction. The real issue should be why are Wave1 kids collecting penalties like it's going out of style and perhaps their goalie should've been more disciplined and not get himself kicked out, especially knowing he's the only goalie they have.