This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324504 times)

Bystander

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-2
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #585 on: October 09, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »
Evidently changing the name of your team but keeping the administration intact hasn't changed the results for BF's wildcats/reign
12U AA. 0-3-1
14U AA. 0-4-0
16U AA. 0-3-0
18U AA. 0-3-1

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #586 on: October 09, 2017, 04:01:20 PM »

Seems like you really have an ax to grind against Wave 1.

I have an axe to grind against any team that plays like a bunch of dirty thugs trying to hurt other kids instead of focusing on playing the game.

I did not see this game so, I can not speak to that game.  I do not know if you were there ether but, it sounds like you where since you think they played like thugs. There are lots of reasons a goalie can loose his shit, happens to the best of them...  That could be any team on on any given game.  Depends on which colored glasses you are wearing.  The refereeing in youth hockey is extremely inconsistent and a lot of things are missed or unfairly called. 

That said, I do think it is bad form to run up a 17-2 score because the other team does not have a goalie regardless of the reason the goalie is not on the ice.

SkatingDad...it has been addressed a few times by different people from different teams the same way. "Wave1 play dirty and the Coach has no control of their team" This is the first time that I hear the goalie lost his cool but the players are a whole different story.

If you are a Wave1 parent you should really be looking at the team and questioning the type of coaching your kid is getting. There is no development when you are just gooning it up.

Stay Classy folks!

I am not a Wave 1 parent. 

If your kid is on the smaller side and is getting crushed by a kid then, you are going to yell goon, others would call it physical play.  Physical play for Bantams is very subjective and every team has a hot head.

My kid is actually a decent size so it is not something that affects me directly...the discussion is in in general of all teams that have played WAVE 1. All teams that play them seem to have the same issue...I am not blaming the club as a whole since my kids team did play the 04 Wada Wave team and despite the fact that we lost...our team did not experience the same issues that were encountered when we played Wave 1.

oh and the "if you are a Wave parent..." statement was a general statement for anyone that has a kid on that team. It was not meant directly towards you SKATINGDAD.

Good luck to all.

Santino

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-5
« Reply #587 on: October 09, 2017, 04:13:32 PM »
Evidently changing the name of your team but keeping the administration intact hasn't changed the results for BF's wildcats/reign
12U AA. 0-3-1
14U AA. 0-4-0
16U AA. 0-3-0
18U AA. 0-3-1
Bystander: Your kid obviously has never played for BF or heard his sales pitch. It's not about winning. It's about development, it's about FUELING THE PASSION!! You don't ever see any of his teams orchestrating a goalie ejection or running up the score.  HE IS PURE INTEGRITY.  The club's 80% player turnover every year is a little puzzling though.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:16:59 PM by Santino »

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #588 on: October 09, 2017, 04:41:14 PM »
Between this thread and the PWAA thread going on over there, its gonna be an interesting season to watch.

coachbombay

« Reply #589 on: October 09, 2017, 06:15:49 PM »
why didn't the wave suit up a skater? is that not allowed? I think they have couple of kids that have played goalie before.

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #590 on: October 09, 2017, 08:39:54 PM »
why didn't the wave suit up a skater? is that not allowed? I think they have couple of kids that have played goalie before.

Because there was less than 10 minutes left in the game and the score was already 12-2 or something close to that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:40:55 PM by BBNMCAS »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
12U AA. 0-3-1
14U AA. 0-4-0
16U AA. 0-3-0
18U AA. 0-3-1
Bystander: Your kid obviously has never played for BF or heard his sales pitch. It's not about winning. It's about development, it's about FUELING THE PASSION!! You don't ever see any of his teams orchestrating a goalie ejection or running up the score.  HE IS PURE INTEGRITY.  The club's 80% player turnover every year is a little puzzling though.

LMAO  ;D

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2017, 09:19:22 PM »
OC 1 vs Wave 1 this Sunday 😂 should be a good physical matchup there.

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #593 on: October 09, 2017, 09:30:54 PM »
Where the heck is our SCAHA schedule? 

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #594 on: October 09, 2017, 09:48:05 PM »

Our manager got it from SCAHA... they gave her the next 4 weeks.

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #595 on: October 09, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »

Our manager got it from SCAHA... they gave her the next 4 weeks.

It's finally posted on the website.

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #596 on: October 09, 2017, 10:35:23 PM »

I have an axe to grind against any team that plays like a bunch of dirty thugs trying to hurt other kids instead of focusing on playing the game.

I did not see this game so, I can not speak to that game.  I do not know if you were there ether but, it sounds like you where since you think they played like thugs. There are lots of reasons a goalie can loose his shit, happens to the best of them...  That could be any team on on any given game.  Depends on which colored glasses you are wearing.  The refereeing in youth hockey is extremely inconsistent and a lot of things are missed or unfairly called. 

That said, I do think it is bad form to run up a 17-2 score because the other team does not have a goalie regardless of the reason the goalie is not on the ice.

SkatingDad...it has been addressed a few times by different people from different teams the same way. "Wave1 play dirty and the Coach has no control of their team" This is the first time that I hear the goalie lost his cool but the players are a whole different story.

If you are a Wave1 parent you should really be looking at the team and questioning the type of coaching your kid is getting. There is no development when you are just gooning it up.

Stay Classy folks!

If your kid is on the smaller side and is getting crushed by a kid then, you are going to yell goon, others would call it physical play.  Physical play for Bantams is very subjective and every team has a hot head.

SkatingDad, I guess you haven't seen Wave 1 play yet, so forgive those of us who have for taking your comments on the topic with a truckload of salt.  It has nothing to do with size -- in fact, Wave 1 are not even a particularly big team, which is one reason why their chicken$#&^ will come home to roost.

I have seem them play and there are some tall kids. 

These are kids we are talking about!  The coaches and parents should be ashamed of themselves for cheering for running up a 17-2 score with an empty next.  You included! They are kids.

BTW, I prefer Sea Salt and Bantam Chickens.

Sorry Skating Dad, you must have me mistaken for some other tool.  I wasn't there, let alone cheering, so I have nothing to be "ashamed" of.  Nor did I advocate cheering while running up the score.  Please read twice, and then take a breath before hitting the "post" button, next time you have an urge to reply to me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:41:59 PM by Stanley »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #597 on: October 10, 2017, 10:13:41 AM »

Stay Classy folks!

SkatingDad, I guess you haven't seen Wave 1 play yet, so forgive those of us who have for taking your comments on the topic with a truckload of salt.  It has nothing to do with size -- in fact, Wave 1 are not even a particularly big team, which is one reason why their chicken$#&^ will come home to roost.

I have seem them play and there are some tall kids. 

These are kids we are talking about!  The coaches and parents should be ashamed of themselves for cheering for running up a 17-2 score with an empty next.  You included! They are kids.

BTW, I prefer Sea Salt and Bantam Chickens.

Sorry Skating Dad, you must have me mistaken for some other tool.  I wasn't there, let alone cheering, so I have nothing to be "ashamed" of.  Nor did I advocate cheering while running up the score.  Please read twice, and then take a breath before hitting the "post" button, next time you have an urge to reply to me.

Where is the fun in that?  If you can not take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #598 on: October 10, 2017, 10:53:41 AM »
Wow did this get way off topic of the predictions.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #599 on: October 10, 2017, 11:47:57 AM »