This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 312411 times)

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #600 on: October 10, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
lighten up francis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs
;D ;D ;D That's like the 3rd reference to "Francis" in the last two weeks.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #601 on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »
lighten up francis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs
;D ;D ;D That's like the 3rd reference to "Francis" in the last two weeks.

There is lots of Francis like behavior going on in here. lol

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #602 on: October 10, 2017, 02:17:39 PM »
If any of you homos talk shit on my team...... I'll kill ya!

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #603 on: October 10, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »
30 day suspension for saying that in this league.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #604 on: October 10, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »
Your kid can't shoot and skates funny...... :D

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #605 on: October 10, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »
Your kid can't shoot and skates funny...... :D

You just made the list!

Santino

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-5
« Reply #606 on: October 11, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »
I don't care how dirty a team is.... and Wave 1 has been dirty... 17 goals is excessive and uncalled for.   Especially the celebrations.
Never like to bag on kids, but these are clearly out of control. I've watched them play. Careless, reckless, dangerous. This team alone holds 7 of the top 13 spots for penalty minutes for Flight I.

The coach won't do anything about them.  The Club won't do anything about them (recall last year's PWAA debacle).  The parents won't do anything about them.  So if there was ever a situation to justify running up the score, in my book, this would be it.  I'm fine with other teams pounding them, until the kids, the coach, the parents get the message.  Then we can all go back to just playing hockey.  Until then, hopefully no one gets hurt.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:58:01 PM by Santino »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #607 on: October 11, 2017, 05:00:34 PM »
I don't care how dirty a team is.... and Wave 1 has been dirty... 17 goals is excessive and uncalled for.   Especially the celebrations.
Never like to bag on kids, but these are clearly out of control. Careless, reckless, dangerous. This team alone holds 7 of the top 13 spots for penalty minutes for Flight I.

The coach won't do anything about them.  The Club won't do anything about them (recall last year's PWAA debacle).  The parents won't do anything about them.  So if there was ever a situation to justify running up the score, in my book, this would be it.  I'm fine with other teams pounding them, until the kids, the coach, the parents get the message.  Then we can all go back to just playing hockey.  Until then, hopefully no one gets hurt.

Running up the score is not the issue.  The issue is celebrating each empty net goal like it was the first goal. We have all been on each side of a blowout.  When you are blowing out a team you do not celebrate each goal.  Classy players also do not celebrate goals in a blow out, they just go back to the face off circle. I guess it starts with the parents.  Regardless of how you feel about penalties and I am sure at least a third (maybe half) of all penalties called are not actually penalties,  this behavior can not be justified.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #608 on: October 11, 2017, 10:23:24 PM »
Never like to bag on kids, but these are clearly out of control. I've watched them play. Careless, reckless, dangerous. This team alone holds 7 of the top 13 spots for penalty minutes for Flight I.

Will LOVE to see what a big, skilled 03 team will do to them if they pull that crap .......Wait, play OC 03s this week end...... ;D

nzone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-1
« Reply #609 on: October 11, 2017, 11:50:11 PM »
Never like to bag on kids, but these are clearly out of control. Careless, reckless, dangerous. This team alone holds 7 of the top 13 spots for penalty minutes for Flight I.

Running up the score is not the issue.  The issue is celebrating each empty net goal like it was the first goal. We have all been on each side of a blowout.  When you are blowing out a team you do not celebrate each goal.  Classy players also do not celebrate goals in a blow out, they just go back to the face off circle. I guess it starts with the parents.  Regardless of how you feel about penalties and I am sure at least a third (maybe half) of all penalties called are not actually penalties,  this behavior can not be justified.

Celebrating each empty net goal like it was the first goal? I saw the end of the game and that is quite an exaggeration. Some fist bumps yes but it definitely didn't look like the first goal celebration. The only bigger celebration I saw was on the last goal. It appeared it had some kind of a meaning to the ducks.

Every coach my kid ever played for was teaching the kids not to retaliate and instead hurt them where it matters the most, on the board. Wouldn't that apply here since the empty net was a result of a goalie being ejected from the game for attacking one of the ducks players? If the goalie left the game due to injury now that would be a different story.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #610 on: October 12, 2017, 12:22:11 AM »

What the actual f%*k did I just read!? You are sure 1/3 to 1/2 of the calls were not actually penalties? How so? If you've seen how they play, I'd bet Wave1 probably got away with 1/3 more than what was actually called. Quit worrying about meaningless cellies instead of the actual problem, which is why are these kids playing like a bunch of thugs. Playing recklessly and trying to hurt other kids is the ONLY behavior that can not be justified.

You sure you're not a Wave1 parent?

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #611 on: October 12, 2017, 07:48:56 AM »
Every coach my kid ever played for was teaching the kids not to retaliate and instead hurt them where it matters the most, on the board. Wouldn't that apply here since the empty net was a result of a goalie being ejected from the game for attacking one of the ducks players? If the goalie left the game due to injury now that would be a different story.
This.  There are a few JD1 kids that could have taken matters in their own hands and looked to retaliate physically.  Be glad there was only damage done on the scoreboard and that some egos were hurt...they heal a lot quicker than concussions and injuries.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #612 on: October 12, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »

What the actual f%*k did I just read!? You are sure 1/3 to 1/2 of the calls were not actually penalties? How so? If you've seen how they play, I'd bet Wave1 probably got away with 1/3 more than what was actually called. Quit worrying about meaningless cellies instead of the actual problem, which is why are these kids playing like a bunch of thugs. Playing recklessly and trying to hurt other kids is the ONLY behavior that can not be justified.

You sure you're not a Wave1 parent?

The 1/3 to 1/2 of calls not being actual penalties is an observation of watching youth hockey for many years.  They also miss that many calls.  The same statistics apply to every game with a standard deviation.

They are overly protective of the small kids and the refs actually give reasons for the penalties of "He hit to hard"  That is not in the rule book!  If it is a legal hit then it does not matter how hard it was. I have seen that called many times and it usually is a 10 and 2.  What is that teaching the kids?

No Wave 2 parent, I am not a Wave 1 parent.

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #613 on: October 12, 2017, 09:38:53 AM »

Great point.

Still not sure it should have been cheered on, and it may even have been more impactful had it all been "silent, but deadly".

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #614 on: October 12, 2017, 09:52:17 AM »
Anyone know why the Ducks 1 and Wave 1 score was changed to 0-1?  CAHA now states the Wave won.