This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 322651 times)

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »
Anyone know why the Ducks 1 and Wave 1 score was changed to 0-1?  CAHA now states the Wave won.
Forfeit??

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2017, 09:55:34 AM »
Holy crap, this is gonna be GOOOOOD....

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2017, 10:01:33 AM »
Anyone know why the Ducks 1 and Wave 1 score was changed to 0-1?  CAHA now states the Wave won.

Holly Cheaters!

What happened?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #618 on: October 12, 2017, 10:03:55 AM »
So I heard and maybe a Ducks parent can clear this up.

Ducks played a suspended player.

If this is true your coach is a Jackass.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #619 on: October 12, 2017, 10:05:30 AM »
It's because they used a suspended player.  Look at suspension list on CAHA.com

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #620 on: October 12, 2017, 10:07:43 AM »
Coach is suspended now... serving it on 10/15.

I thought I saw this coming.... a kid got a game misconduct the day before vs Blackhawks.   Then I saw that kid in the game during the 17-2 beat down. 

Karma indeed

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #621 on: October 12, 2017, 10:09:21 AM »

How dumb can you be?  I hope that was worth it.  :o

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
I don't care how dirty a team is.... and Wave 1 has been dirty... 17 goals is excessive and uncalled for.   Especially the celebrations.
Never like to bag on kids, but these are clearly out of control. Careless, reckless, dangerous. This team alone holds 7 of the top 13 spots for penalty minutes for Flight I.

The coach won't do anything about them.  The Club won't do anything about them (recall last year's PWAA debacle).  The parents won't do anything about them.  So if there was ever a situation to justify running up the score, in my book, this would be it.  I'm fine with other teams pounding them, until the kids, the coach, the parents get the message.  Then we can all go back to just playing hockey.  Until then, hopefully no one gets hurt.

Running up the score is not the issue.  The issue is celebrating each empty net goal like it was the first goal. We have all been on each side of a blowout.  When you are blowing out a team you do not celebrate each goal.  Classy players also do not celebrate goals in a blow out, they just go back to the face off circle. I guess it starts with the parents.  Regardless of how you feel about penalties and I am sure at least a third (maybe half) of all penalties called are not actually penalties,  this behavior can not be justified.
baahaa...this guy!

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #623 on: October 12, 2017, 10:12:16 AM »
I don't care how dirty a team is.... and Wave 1 has been dirty... 17 goals is excessive and uncalled for.   Especially the celebrations.
Never like to bag on kids, but these are clearly out of control. Careless, reckless, dangerous. This team alone holds 7 of the top 13 spots for penalty minutes for Flight I.

The coach won't do anything about them.  The Club won't do anything about them (recall last year's PWAA debacle).  The parents won't do anything about them.  So if there was ever a situation to justify running up the score, in my book, this would be it.  I'm fine with other teams pounding them, until the kids, the coach, the parents get the message.  Then we can all go back to just playing hockey.  Until then, hopefully no one gets hurt.

Running up the score is not the issue.  The issue is celebrating each empty net goal like it was the first goal. We have all been on each side of a blowout.  When you are blowing out a team you do not celebrate each goal.  Classy players also do not celebrate goals in a blow out, they just go back to the face off circle. I guess it starts with the parents.  Regardless of how you feel about penalties and I am sure at least a third (maybe half) of all penalties called are not actually penalties,  this behavior can not be justified.
baahaa...this guy!

Awe I am not one of the cool kids :(

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #624 on: October 12, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »

How dumb can you be?  I hope that was worth it.  :o
were the manager and coach unaware of the Game Misconduct??? you got to be kidding me!!!

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #625 on: October 12, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »
The team was told the ejection from the previous game would not affect that player's ability to play in the next game.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #626 on: October 12, 2017, 10:51:48 AM »
Apparently they were given bad unformation.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #627 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:12 AM »

The 1/3 to 1/2 of calls not being actual penalties is an observation of watching youth hockey for many years.  They also miss that many calls.  The same statistics apply to every game with a standard deviation.

They are overly protective of the small kids and the refs actually give reasons for the penalties of "He hit to hard"  That is not in the rule book!  If it is a legal hit then it does not matter how hard it was. I have seen that called many times and it usually is a 10 and 2.  What is that teaching the kids?

No Wave 2 parent, I am not a Wave 1 parent.

Thanks for clarifying because I seriously thought for a sec that you're a Wave1 parent since you go out of the way to defend them (despite general consensus being that Wave1 plays like goons) and said you have never even watch them play?

Anyhow, regarding the "he hits too hard" or 2 & 10 calls, I know those too well unfortunately. My kid seems to excel at violent hits. If you know who he is, you'd know that he has never been labeled dirty. He never even targets little kids, but if you are his same size or bigger, it's fair game to him and recently he got a 2 & 10 vs a Kings1 Dmen who was probably 3-4 inches taller but when he was hit, he curled up and fell into the boards. Clean and legal hit but again, "too violent" which like you said, it's not in the rule book.

Refs have called a few 2 & 10's on him and their explanation is usually the same, the hits are "too big" or "too violent" that they had to call something. Not that they were dirty hits, just "too big" and I can tell you that my kid has been a different player ever since... For the past few weeks, he hasn't been himself on ice. He's apprehensive about when to hit and afraid to get calls and when you're not playing free out there, your game suffers. He did manage to make hits while not visiting the box during Valencia and he even had a convo with a ref in the parking lot after his last game and it went like this:

Ref: Hey are you 'last name,' number XX?
Kid: Yes.
Ref: Ya, I saw you out there... trying to kill people...
Kid: .......
Ref: But they were all clean.

I can tell you that my son felt somewhat validated and was appreciative of what the ref said. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and will play carefree again soon with more emphasis on safety...

So my point is that yes, you're not wrong to say that 1/3 to 1/2 calls are iffy/borderline and justice depends on the refs. You get a picky ref, a borderline call is a penalty but to a not-so-picky ref, he might let them play. But I'm with you on "If it is a legal hit then it does not matter how hard it was" but truth is the refs dictate what's legal or not. It's just when it comes to Wave1, it really seems to be a pattern and getting harder to justify their action...

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #628 on: October 12, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »

The 1/3 to 1/2 of calls not being actual penalties is an observation of watching youth hockey for many years.  They also miss that many calls.  The same statistics apply to every game with a standard deviation.

They are overly protective of the small kids and the refs actually give reasons for the penalties of "He hit to hard"  That is not in the rule book!  If it is a legal hit then it does not matter how hard it was. I have seen that called many times and it usually is a 10 and 2.  What is that teaching the kids?

No Wave 2 parent, I am not a Wave 1 parent.

Thanks for clarifying because I seriously thought for a sec that you're a Wave1 parent since you go out of the way to defend them (despite general consensus being that Wave1 plays like goons) and said you have never even watch them play?

Seems to only be a consensus with Wave 2 parents.

I have seen them play and a couple of kids are a little out of control at times but, noting out of the ordinary for Bantam hockey.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #629 on: October 12, 2017, 11:33:13 AM »

Seems to only be a consensus with Wave 2 parents.

Mmmm'kay...