This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 312623 times)

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #630 on: October 12, 2017, 11:53:17 AM »
It's because they used a suspended player.  Look at suspension list on CAHA.com
This is PURE comedy. Both teams are pretty funny. One one side we have the Wave... everyone is complaining about how cheap they are and that they run around cheapshoting everyone. Then, on the other side we have the misfit Ducks 1 with a coach that’s at best, questionable (cheater). You can’t make this stuff up folks. 😂😂😂😂 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #631 on: October 12, 2017, 12:21:13 PM »

Like the previous poster said: you can't make this sh!t up...

http://youtu.be/MK6TXMsvgQg
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #632 on: October 12, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »
The team was told the ejection from the previous game would not affect that player's ability to play in the next game.

Well, in my opinion, it's entirely plausible that this was the case. CAHA is not exactly known for being the most concise communicator and wouldn't surprise me that miscommunication happened here... I highly doubt a coach would be stupid enough to 'cheat' by knowingly let a suspended player play and hoping nobody would notice.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #633 on: October 12, 2017, 12:48:56 PM »
I suppose it depends where the source of info came from.  Was it said by the on-ice official?  Interesting that the CAHA suspension list mentions serving the game suspension this coming weekend, but the CAHA guidebook states the following:

6.8 GAME MISCONDUCTS: a. Game misconduct penalties must be served in the next pre-scheduled game with that team (the game already appearing on the CAHA or league approved schedule of that team at the time of the infraction) unless they will no longer be playing with that team then it reverts back to the next scheduled USA Hockey game. (Refer to USA Hockey Playing Rule 404 (b)).

Which means it was supposed to be served on 10/8 against the Wave.  Unless CAHA reverses this forfeiture, it looks like the Wave get the last laugh.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #634 on: October 12, 2017, 01:09:06 PM »
That's the whole point of this forfeit.... he was supposed to serve it but didnt... now the coach is suspended... the team lost a game... and the kid still has to sit out a game.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #635 on: October 12, 2017, 01:18:52 PM »
Umm, does the Wave have another goalie to suit up against OC1 this weekend?

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #636 on: October 12, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »

My guess is that they will get a Wave goalie from a 14U A team. I believe teams can fill the goaltending position in this type of a situation.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #637 on: October 12, 2017, 02:08:36 PM »
Why is this question comming up, is he suspended?

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2017, 02:10:42 PM »

My guess is that they will get a Wave goalie from a 14U A team. I believe teams can fill the goaltending position in this type of a situation.

Would they be able to have one of their current skaters suit up?

That is another option...

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #639 on: October 12, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »

According to CAHA suspension posting, "Game Misconduct. To be served 10/15 v OCHC(1)." So yes, he's suspended.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #640 on: October 12, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »

That is a good question.  The game he got suspended in technically did not happen because it was a forfeit. I am sure he is still suspended but, it makes you wounder if he should be.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #641 on: October 12, 2017, 02:35:03 PM »
Think since he played in a game he wasn't supposed (even though it was a forfeit) to that he still has to sit a game.

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #642 on: October 12, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »

That is a good question.  The game he got suspended in technically did not happen because it was a forfeit. I am sure he is still suspended but, it makes you wounder if he should be.

I'm sorry but the game did happen. The goalie did punch other players in the head with his blocker. The goalie was given a game misconduct so he should be and is suspended from his next game. Just because the coach of the opposing team used a suspended player doesn't mean other players are not responsible for their actions.

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #643 on: October 12, 2017, 02:38:30 PM »
Think since he played in a game he wasn't supposed (even though it was a forfeit) to that he still has to sit a game.

The Wave goalie wasn't suspended from that game. A player from the Jr Ducks was suspended from that game and wasn't supposed to play. Since the coach played the suspended player, the game is considered a forfeit and the Wave win 1-0. Just because the game is now a forfeit does not excuse the Wave goalie from his behavior. He hit an opposing player in the head with his blocker and was given a game misconduct penalty. Therefore, he is suspended from the next game. It doesn't matter if the game was a forfeit or not.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:39:31 PM by BBNMCAS »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #644 on: October 12, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »

I'm sorry but the game did happen. The goalie did punch other players in the head with his blocker. The goalie was given a game misconduct so he should be and is suspended from his next game. Just because the coach of the opposing team used a suspended player doesn't mean other players are not responsible for their actions.

I sill think it should be a suspension but, the game technically did not happen.  There is no score sheet for the game.  How could he have hit a kid in the head with his blocker if the game did not happen?