This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324523 times)

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #705 on: October 29, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

Freezing

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #706 on: October 29, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

OC wins for most inconsistent team on the ice

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »
Mariners played extremely well... deserve all the credit for a great game... no excuses for OC.... but it should be noted that OC played, and beat, Kings 04AAA earlier in the day.

Defensive Zone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-18
« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
Yes barely beat an all 04 team 6-5 and then tied a flight two team. I guess they can use this same excuse when they have to play two games in a day during a CAHA weekend.

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

OC wins for most inconsistent team on the ice
Great observations on OC1.... Definitely inconsistent and really, thats ok.(it's a long season)  They are a collective group of good 03's that play pretty hard. No kids are billited or travel 2 plus hours to play there.  They're all local homegrown 14 year olds that work hard and enjoy playing hard. You're gonna win and lose. They played 2 periods of good hockey this am against some fast skilled 04 AAA players and took 6 penalties ( Kings scored 4 power play goals) OC came out flat after a four goal lead(6-2) going into the third and really let that slip away. Big let down for OC and it felt like a loss.... Against the Mariners, OC really didn't skate and unfortunately for them couldn't close the game. Mariners have a kid that is as good as any player in the top tier as well as a very good goalie.... At the end of the day, it's youth hockey and its always exciting to watch. Congrats to the Mariners

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #710 on: October 30, 2017, 06:55:36 AM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

Just shows how dumb the flight system is. I don't care if it was game two of the day.

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #711 on: October 30, 2017, 07:09:06 AM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

Just shows how dumb the flight system is. I don't care if it was game two of the day.
Mariners were close to beating another good top tier team the week before ( empire)
Not sure what the answer is.... mariners and flyers and prob the saints could be in that top tier
But the rest are getting beat by 10 to 15 goals every week.
So ..... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 ( I think that’s actually why they did that... the top 2-4 teams will battle it out to have a chance at play downs) and it will be close there.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:13:01 AM by orangecone »

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #712 on: October 30, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

I do see your point and understand what you’re saying but in the end I think CaHA is simply saying, ‘ok, of you’re not willing to properly assess your teams, then we will. We all know there’s teams playing levels throughout California that shouldn’t be #moneygrab #parentalbraggingrights
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:23:19 AM by orangecone »

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #713 on: October 30, 2017, 07:20:58 AM »
Just before the OC1 game was the OC2 game...

Wave1 - 3
OC2 - 2

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2017, 08:07:39 AM »

got a few $1000's laying around and still feel your Little Gretz and still do more.

http://www.khsice.com/so/5Lzhyudg?cid=2693da11-52b4-4185-a373-b826bd802bd8#/main

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #715 on: October 30, 2017, 09:10:37 AM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

I do see your point and understand what you’re saying but in the end I think CaHA is simply saying, ‘ok, of you’re not willing to properly assess your teams, then we will. We all know there’s teams playing levels throughout California that shouldn’t be #moneygrab #parentalbraggingrights

Good point. There is little question something needed to be done to keep certain clubs from placing their teams in the wrong division. The frustration for many is the way CAHA decided to go about it. There is already a mechanism in place to address the situation: Move the team to Bantam A.

Instead of having the difficult conversation with coaches and clubs, and instead of inconveniencing the CAHA board member who runs the Riverside team, the CAHA leadership decided to allow clubs to retain their ability to simply place teams anywhere they want. Nothing has really changed. As a matter of fact, CAHA has now put in place a system where less honest clubs can more easily sell the "AA" dream and never have to be accountable if the team is really bad. They just go to Flight 2.

CAHA needed leadership when things got tough. They did not get it. The solution is simple:

If a team is not good enough to play with the other AA teams, they are an A team.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:12:31 AM by Miss My 48080 »

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #716 on: October 30, 2017, 09:28:19 AM »
OC1 (Flight 1) - 4
Mariners(Flight 2) - 4

Good point. There is little question something needed to be done to keep certain clubs from placing their teams in the wrong division. The frustration for many is the way CAHA decided to go about it. There is already a mechanism in place to address the situation: Move the team to Bantam A.

Instead of having the difficult conversation with coaches and clubs, and instead of inconveniencing the CAHA board member who runs the Riverside team, the CAHA leadership decided to allow clubs to retain their ability to simply place teams anywhere they want. Nothing has really changed. As a matter of fact, CAHA has now put in place a system where less honest clubs can more easily sell the "AA" dream and never have to be accountable if the team is really bad. They just go to Flight 2.

CAHA needed leadership when things got tough. They did not get it. The solution is simple:

If a team is not good enough to play with the other AA teams, they are an A team.
Yeah... super lame and very unfortunate. The top teams playing the worst teams definitely don’t look forward to it. I know for a fact that when a certain top tier team plays the lower teams, they don’t hit.
(And the final scores are usually 10-0 or 15-1 ) And because of that, the games different.
If they did hit, it wouldn’t be pretty. And who benefits from that?
Nobody really.
It is what it is. Hockey in California is interesting at best. Even the AAA isn’t really AAA
The bottom 2 lines are usually kids that would play much better at the AA level. I blame the parents 🙄

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #717 on: October 30, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
Ehh.   I think a simple rule where clubs can only field 1 AA team and 1 AAA team will make the problem go away. 
Basically.   AAA = major,  AA = minor.. the rest are A and B.   Then you say no AAA without a AA team and no AA without an A team. 

Then hold all AAA,AA,A tryouts over two weekends all at the same time.

Then let the free market solve the rest.

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #718 on: October 30, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »
Ehh.   I think a simple rule where clubs can only field 1 AA team and 1 AAA team will make the problem go away. 
Basically.   AAA = major,  AA = minor.. the rest are A and B.   Then you say no AAA without a AA team and no AA without an A team. 

Then hold all AAA,AA,A tryouts over two weekends all at the same time.

Then let the free market solve the rest.
That would be WAY to simple and legit. hahahahahah

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #719 on: October 30, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »
Yeah... super lame and very unfortunate. The top teams playing the worst teams definitely don’t look forward to it. I know for a fact that when a certain top tier team plays the lower teams, they don’t hit.
(And the final scores are usually 10-0 or 15-1 ) And because of that, the games different.
If they did hit, it wouldn’t be pretty. And who benefits from that?

This is simply evidence that the system is broken in multiple ways.  At AA If there are 1, 2 or 3 teams that are simply able to smoke the rest of the other teams in the division 98% of the time, then it shows that those teams most likely should be encouraged to move up to play AAA.  But the CAHA system along with the geographical hurdles to playing other AAA teams around the country,  makes that something the AA teams are unlikely to want to pursue.   This season, we have a team that has already beaten -- what, like 6 AAA teams including major year teams.    That's an indictment of the system and rules we have, because anyone who understands the rules can't possibly blame the team or club in question. 

There's this false narrative going that teams don't get pressured or even downright forced to go down.  For the last 3 years, there has been significant downwards movement of many teams.  It exists, it happens in many cases, and the flight system didn't change anything in that regard.  In my experience a lot of parents have no idea where their team stands at the beginning of a season.  Even the coaches don't really know, especially if the team is a hybrid team.  Blaming the parents for whatever problems might exist in the system is a cop out.    In my opinion no team enjoys being part of a blowout, on either side of the equation, but it's far worse to be on the losing side.  What's silly is the notion that this is a problem that can be fixed, or even needs to be fixed, because it can't be.  The vast majority of ice hockey games have a winner and loser.  In every league and every division at every level of hockey there are blowouts, but I don't know of another locale that is so obsessed and preoccupied with trying to insure that the best teams never ever have to particpate in a game where they smoke another team that they are just far better than.  When it gets to be a situation where a top level team is winning almost all of their games easily it's clearly more complicated than pointing a finger at a team or 2 that made a bad decision, or worse yet is part of an organization that is motivated to place teams at certain levels to maintain their eligibility to have other teams at higher levels of competition across multiple age groups. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:02:26 PM by lcadad »