This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324597 times)

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #720 on: October 30, 2017, 12:04:30 PM »
How can you say AAA in Cali is "not really AAA"

Cali teams nationally rank in the top 20 on a regular basis

No doubt it's early but here are the current AAA rankings of Cali teams:

2005s. #8
2004s. #11
2003s. #9
2002s. #19

What is your measure of success?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #721 on: October 30, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »
How can you say AAA in Cali is "not really AAA"

Cali teams nationally rank in the top 20 on a regular basis

No doubt it's early but here are the current AAA rankings of Cali teams:

2005s. #8
2004s. #11
2003s. #9
2002s. #19

What is your measure of success?
You guys are dumb !

Rankings don't mean shit !

Winning States/Nationals is the measuring stick.

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #722 on: October 30, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »
Dumb?

I'm impressed with the breadth of your vocabulary.

The point that was being made was based on competitiveness within their peer group.  Rankings are based on strength of schedule, goal differential and performance.  Seems like an objective unit of measure.  So yes it does mean something.

Winning State is one measure of success but it's like being the biggest fish in small bowl.  A more comprehensive measure is how you compete in a deeper and broader talent pool. 

Maybe the AP should stop with their Top 25 since it doesnt mean sh*t.  Only the national championship matters.

Quadruple A

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #723 on: October 30, 2017, 12:59:04 PM »

I agree with MPC04... California may actually be more competitive at the AAA level as time goes on.  At the T1EL SJ Showcase a few weeks ago the scouts were coming from the east coast (looking for Prep School potential amongst the 03's, and the WHL / NAHL / USHL were there looking at the older ages).  The Prep School scouts were definitely interested in California because they specifically said to me they made active pitches to their organizations to allow them to make the trip.   

The funny thing is that no Cali team coach really wanted to talk to them because it would me losing a part of their team next year :)

This year however, the Bears could play up to AAA and the Gulls should be pushed down to AA. We will see if the Gulls situation is remedied next year.  Can't be fun to be the AAA 03 Gulls this year. 

Shut Your 5-Hole

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-6
« Reply #724 on: October 30, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »
LMAO!!!! CA is not real AAA hockey  ;D   

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/idjut.gif

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #725 on: October 30, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »
LMAO!!!! CA is not real AAA hockey  ;D   

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/idjut.gif
Brace yourself, here come all the upset AAA parents.
My comment was from the mouth of a USHL scout that was in San Jose that weekend.

Shut Your 5-Hole

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-6
« Reply #726 on: October 30, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »
LMFAO!!! yeah sure ok, a USHL scout came to CA to scout CA kids and witnessed the 16AAA #2 ranked team in the nation play (Craig Johnson, Alex Kim) team and says this is not AAA hockey? hahaha..... YOU ARE FAKE NEWS!!!!  :'(

"Mariners have a kid that is as good as any player in the top tier as well as a very good goalie.... " stick to flight 2 Mr. Very good goalie LMFAO!!!!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #727 on: October 30, 2017, 02:58:01 PM »
Dumb?

I'm impressed with the breadth of your vocabulary.

The point that was being made was based on competitiveness within their peer group.  Rankings are based on strength of schedule, goal differential and performance.  Seems like an objective unit of measure.  So yes it does mean something.

Winning State is one measure of success but it's like being the biggest fish in small bowl.  A more comprehensive measure is how you compete in a deeper and broader talent pool. 

Maybe the AP should stop with their Top 25 since it doesnt mean sh*t.  Only the national championship matters.
Let my be more eloquent,
You guys are dumb ASSES.

Rankings in YOUTH hockey don't mean shit.  So in tier 2 California the AA JDs are the best in California ??

Maybe your compensating  ?? My sympathy to Mrs mcp  :'(

Last year, my boys team went out of their 'little " pond and beat out of state teams and won states.  At the end of the season, a few of those teams were still rank higher.

So if rankings make you feel good, so be it.

I'll enjoy looking at the championship plate in the trophy case.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:59:09 PM by trans4761 »

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #728 on: October 30, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »
Then I guess that settles it.  If thats what the USHL guy said....

Wait a minute, did you say he was there scouting?   Now that makes sense.

It's [/size][size=78%] interesting to hear people try to diminish the quality of  that level.  It usually comes from those who are unable to play at that leel due to skill, means, commitment , etc.  however they bevyhe first bad mouth AA if they did.[/size]

I have yet to see a post from a AAA parent criticizing AA, but there sure is plenty the other way.  I am a AA parent.

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #729 on: October 30, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
Not sure what happened with that post

It's interesting to hear people try to diminish the quality of  that level.  It usually comes from those who are unable to play at that level due to skill, means, commitment , etc.  however they are the first to bad mouth AAA.

My comment certainly doesn't apply to all.  There are many who do want the AAA politics.  They're usually not the "angry" ones.  They are the practical ones who enjoy the sport and what it provides. 

For the record,   I am a AA tier 1 parent who's son also won their respective state championship. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #730 on: October 30, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »
Not sure what happened with that post

It's interesting to hear people try to diminish the quality of  that level.  It usually comes from those who are unable to play at that level due to skill, means, commitment , etc.  however they are the first to bad mouth AAA.

My comment certainly doesn't apply to all.  There are many who do want the AAA politics.  They're usually not the "angry" ones.  They are the practical ones who enjoy the sport and what it provides. 

For the record,   I am a AA tier 1 parent who's son also won their respective state championship. 
LOL

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #731 on: October 30, 2017, 03:39:55 PM »
You can check the box that describes you.

My son tried out for a AAA team and didn't make it among many others.  He and most of those kids are playing AA Tier 1 now.the rest are Tier 2.   Last post on this topic.

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #732 on: October 30, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
LMFAO!!! yeah sure ok, a USHL scout came to CA to scout CA kids and witnessed the 16AAA #2 ranked team in the nation play (Craig Johnson, Alex Kim) team and says this is not AAA hockey? hahaha..... YOU ARE FAKE NEWS!!!!  :'(

"Mariners have a kid that is as good as any player in the top tier as well as a very good goalie.... " stick to flight 2 Mr. Very good goalie LMFAO!!!!
Touched a nerve 😉 sorry about that

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #733 on: October 30, 2017, 05:18:36 PM »
Mr Hockey Rankings Don't Mean Sh*t-where are you getting your info about JDAA being top ranked team in California?
Last I checked Bears AA were ranked #1 in the country, JDAA ranked #52.
FAKE NEWS. Sad!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #734 on: October 30, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »
Mr Hockey Rankings Don't Mean Sh*t-where are you getting your info about JDAA being top ranked team in California?
Last I checked Bears AA were ranked #1 in the country, JDAA ranked #52.
FAKE NEWS. Sad!
If you read my post again professor, you'd see I said #1 in Calif