This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324493 times)

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #750 on: October 31, 2017, 02:23:40 PM »
Tell us, how would they approach it differently? Does the coach tell the kids the game does not matter? Does he tell them to relax and just have a great time? Does he tell them it doesn't matter if a team assigned to Flight 2 does well against them? I am dying to know what it means to "approach it differently."

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #751 on: October 31, 2017, 02:53:07 PM »
Tell us, how would they approach it differently? Does the coach tell the kids the game does not matter? Does he tell them to relax and just have a great time? Does he tell them it doesn't matter if a team assigned to Flight 2 does well against them? I am dying to know what it means to "approach it differently."

If you had read before pressing the "post" button, you would've seen that Trans explained that in meaningless SCAHA games some coaches might actually "keep rolling lines even on pp/pks to see what they actually have" instead of coaching to win.  For the same reason some coaches might schedule meaningless scrimmages on the same day as meaningless SCAHA games, which seems to have happened here.  And amazing as it may seem, some 13-14 year old kids don't put it all on the line for games that don't make a difference in the standings (kinda like NHL players that way).

Kudos to CAHA/SCAHA for giving us half a season of games that don't count -- it must be an ADM thing.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #752 on: October 31, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »

If you had read before pressing the "post" button, you would've seen that Trans explained that in meaningless SCAHA games some coaches might actually "keep rolling lines even on pp/pks to see what they actually have" instead of coaching to win.  For the same reason some coaches might schedule meaningless scrimmages on the same day as meaningless SCAHA games, which seems to have happened here.  And amazing as it may seem, some 13-14 year old kids don't put it all on the line for games that don't make a difference in the standings (kinda like NHL players that way).

Kudos to CAHA/SCAHA for giving us half a season of games that don't count -- it must be an ADM thing.

It is a SCAHA thing as NorCal doesn't schedule games.  However individual clubs will schedule between them to try to stay sharp. This is only in tier divisions.

Defensive Zone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-18
« Reply #753 on: October 31, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
Strange that when a Flight 1 team blows out a Flight 2 team they are quick to post their victory and exclaim to the world how much better they are than the Flight 2 team, who clearly is so unskilled they do not deserve to play the CaHA designated (for no justifiable reason) superior Flight 1 team. Absolutely no mention of it being a meaningless scaha game. But as soon as a Flight 2 team ties a Flight 1 team then the excuses start flowing like water. Oh it’s a meaningless game; oh our coach was just rolling the lines, oh we had to play a game before and on and on.

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #754 on: October 31, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
It is a bit discouraging. Seems like a waste of time, actually. If the other teams aren't going to be serious and put forth any real effort, why are we even playing the games? Perhaps it would be better to do it like the guys up north and let teams make their own schedules outside of the CAHA weekends. By doing this the teams could only schedule games with teams that do things the same way. Teams that want to mail it in could play like-minded teams. Those that want a real game can limit their ice time to teams that want to compete.

A couple weeks ago our team won a game against a flight 2 team. After the game the parents on the other side made sure we all knew the coach had benched their star player for the first two periods. "Obviously, our team would have won if he had played. It's just a meaningless SCAHA game so the coach decided to teach the kid a lesson," they explained.

The following week the opposing team simply cancelled. My kid had no game. Just a SCAHA game. No big deal.....

Next, it's off to Yorba Linda and we get all this. Team plays a scrimmage right before they play us. Others chime in an discredit our kids' efforts. Just a SCAHA game. Nobody cares. Coach approaches it differently.

That's OK, though. I bought my plane tickets, have my hotel booked in Vacaville and a rental car waiting for me in Sacramento. Our guys will finally play games that count. Of course, they will be against three other SoCal teams, but at least we'll have an excuse-free weekend. I hope

Awesome season. Just loving it. Super duper.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:52:24 PM by Miss My 48080 »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #755 on: October 31, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »
It is a bit discouraging. Seems like a waste of time, actually. If the other teams aren't going to be serious and put forth any real effort, why are we even playing the games? Perhaps it would be better to do it like the guys up north and let teams make their own schedules outside of the CAHA weekends. By doing this the teams could only schedule games with teams that do things the same way. Teams that want to mail it in could play like-minded teams. Those that want a real game can limit their ice time to teams that want to compete.

A couple weeks ago our team won a game against a flight 2 team. After the game the parents on the other side made sure we all knew the coach had benched their star player for the first two periods. "Obviously, our team would have won if he had played. It's just a meaningless SCAHA game so the coach decided to teach the kid a lesson," they explained.

The following week the opposing team simply cancelled. My kid had no game. Just a SCAHA game. No big deal.....

Next, it's off to Yorba Linda and we get all this. Team plays a scrimmage right before they play us. Others chime in an discredit our kids' efforts. Just a SCAHA game. Nobody cares. Coach approaches it differently.

That's OK, though. I bought my plane tickets, have my hotel booked in Vacaville and a rental car waiting for me in Sacramento. Our guys will finally play games that count. Of course, they will be against three other SoCal teams, but at least we'll have an excuse-free weekend. I hope

Awesome season. Just loving it. Super duper.
Take it easy Ms. 4808088008800880,
everyone knows that your Mariner team is a good team.  In my opinion, your boy's team is the top team in flight 2.  I just think that OC1 is on the top half of flight 1 and would beat any of the flight 2 teams in a Caha weekend 9 out of 10 times.  Your club is going to have a tough time getting respect because you guys are on butt fuck Egypt, relax and enjoy your one and a half hour rides to each game.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #756 on: October 31, 2017, 05:11:59 PM »
.....BTW, enjoying the posting getting up to par. :)

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #757 on: October 31, 2017, 06:55:38 PM »

It is a SCAHA thing as NorCal doesn't schedule games.  However individual clubs will schedule between them to try to stay sharp. This is only in tier divisions.

Sorry but it's within CAHA's control.  Last year every scheduled game counted.  This year half don't.  Maybe next year none of them will.  They'll tell us it's better for our kids' "development" if they don't worry about winning or losing (or whatever other bs is convenient for them next year).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:00:39 PM by Stanley »

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #758 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »
Strange that when a Flight 1 team blows out a Flight 2 team they are quick to post their victory and exclaim to the world how much better they are than the Flight 2 team, who clearly is so unskilled they do not deserve to play the CaHA designated (for no justifiable reason) superior Flight 1 team. Absolutely no mention of it being a meaningless scaha game. But as soon as a Flight 2 team ties a Flight 1 team then the excuses start flowing like water. Oh it’s a meaningless game; oh our coach was just rolling the lines, oh we had to play a game before and on and on.

My kid isn't on a Flight 1 team.  I'm just trying to provide a little fact-based perspective, which I know is out of fashion nowadays.  Mariners are a really good team, possibly the best in Flight 2.  OC1 is better.  No shame in that.  The score at the end of what's essentially a "mandatory scrimmage" isn't the be all and end all.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:04:24 PM by Stanley »

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #759 on: October 31, 2017, 10:57:33 PM »
Your club is going to have a tough time getting respect because you guys are on butt fuck Egypt, relax and enjoy your one and a half hour rides to each game.

Oh, thank you for clarifying how a club gets respect. Got it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:59:26 PM by Miss My 48080 »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #760 on: November 01, 2017, 07:37:29 AM »
Mariners are a good team well coached.

I would hold off on crowning them Flight two champs just yet.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #761 on: November 01, 2017, 08:31:33 AM »
Wow.... such hostility...

I thought the tie was sparking a debate about the merits of the flight stystem... instead it's attack OC...and OC is making excuses..  blah blah blah

Let's look at OC1 vs Mariners...(played 4 times since memorial day tourn)  game 1 was OC 8, Mariners 2..... game 2 was Mariners 4 , OC 2 (both of those were memorial day tournament).... game 3 was OC 9, Mariners 0 (San Jose)... game 4 was a 4-4 tie

Mariners are good... some good skilled fast forwards and a goalie that can steal a game.  Good chance they win flight 2,  WW and flyers might have something to say about it.  Mariners played well and deserved that tie.  But it was a TIE in a meaningless scrimmage... dont thump your chests to hard. 

And when other scores are reported on here of the 14-0 and 10-1 type blowouts it's not boastful,   it's just reporting scores to people who may want to know since they are rarely reported on SCAHA

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #762 on: November 01, 2017, 09:05:13 AM »

I thought the tie was sparking a debate about the merits of the flight stystem... instead it's attack OC...and OC is making excuses..  blah blah blah

Let's look at OC1 vs Mariners...(played 4 times since memorial day tourn)  game 1 was OC 8, Mariners 2..... game 2 was Mariners 4 , OC 2 (both of those were memorial day tournament).... game 3 was OC 9, Mariners 0 (San Jose)... game 4 was a 4-4 tie

Mariners are good... some good skilled fast forwards and a goalie that can steal a game.  Good chance they win flight 2,  WW and flyers might have something to say about it.  Mariners played well and deserved that tie.  But it was a TIE in a meaningless scrimmage... dont thump your chests to hard. 

And when other scores are reported on here of the 14-0 and 10-1 type blowouts it's not boastful,   it's just reporting scores to people who may want to know since they are rarely reported on SCAHA

AMEN!

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #763 on: November 01, 2017, 09:06:39 AM »
Mariners are a good team well coached.

I would hold off on crowning them Flight two champs just yet.

Agreed. Valencia is very strong. One could make a strong argument in their favor. After all, they beat up on Ventura pretty bad last CAHA weejend.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #764 on: November 01, 2017, 09:48:24 AM »

Maybe if you spent the time and Money and had a pretty good team that just was dumped to flight 2 before the season started you might be a bit salty too.

Not to mention teams in San Jose had better records then some flight one teams and just were sent packing.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:01:16 AM by Pistonkev »