This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324512 times)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #765 on: November 01, 2017, 09:55:11 AM »
Wow.... such hostility...

I thought the tie was sparking a debate about the merits of the flight stystem... instead it's attack OC...and OC is making excuses..  blah blah blah

Let's look at OC1 vs Mariners...(played 4 times since memorial day tourn)  game 1 was OC 8, Mariners 2..... game 2 was Mariners 4 , OC 2 (both of those were memorial day tournament).... game 3 was OC 9, Mariners 0 (San Jose)... game 4 was a 4-4 tie

Mariners are good... some good skilled fast forwards and a goalie that can steal a game.  Good chance they win flight 2,  WW and flyers might have something to say about it.  Mariners played well and deserved that tie.  But it was a TIE in a meaningless scrimmage... dont thump your chests to hard. 

And when other scores are reported on here of the 14-0 and 10-1 type blowouts it's not boastful,   it's just reporting scores to people who may want to know since they are rarely reported on SCAHA

Maybe is you spent the time and Money and had a pretty good team that just was dumped to flight 2 before the season started you might be a bit salty too.
Come on PK
A team can still make it into playdownd as a flight 2.
If a team can't make it out of flight 2, what makes you think they. Would have done well in flight 2 ??

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #766 on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:37 AM »

I thought the tie was sparking a debate about the merits of the flight stystem... instead it's attack OC...and OC is making excuses..  blah blah blah

Let's look at OC1 vs Mariners...(played 4 times since memorial day tourn)  game 1 was OC 8, Mariners 2..... game 2 was Mariners 4 , OC 2 (both of those were memorial day tournament).... game 3 was OC 9, Mariners 0 (San Jose)... game 4 was a 4-4 tie

Mariners are good... some good skilled fast forwards and a goalie that can steal a game.  Good chance they win flight 2,  WW and flyers might have something to say about it.  Mariners played well and deserved that tie.  But it was a TIE in a meaningless scrimmage... dont thump your chests to hard. 

And when other scores are reported on here of the 14-0 and 10-1 type blowouts it's not boastful,   it's just reporting scores to people who may want to know since they are rarely reported on SCAHA

Maybe is you spent the time and Money and had a pretty good team that just was dumped to flight 2 before the season started you might be a bit salty too.
Come on PK
If a team can't make it out of flight 2, what makes you think they. Would have done well in flight 2 ??

That's not really my point.

My point is I would rather be facing flight one teams in CAHA weekends vs playing a few teams that should be A. Insert names here _____________.

You get better facing stronger teams vs blowing some teams out or having the kids coast cause they can. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2017, 10:57:49 AM »

Come on PK

My point is I would rather be facing flight one teams in CAHA weekends vs playing a few teams that should be A. Insert names here _____________.

You get better facing stronger teams vs blowing some teams out or having the kids coast cause they can.
That's where coaching comes into play.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #768 on: November 01, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »

Come on PK

Are you having a hot cup of Trevor Tea now?

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #769 on: November 01, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
It is a bit discouraging. Seems like a waste of time, actually. If the other teams aren't going to be serious and put forth any real effort, why are we even playing the games? Perhaps it would be better to do it like the guys up north and let teams make their own schedules outside of the CAHA weekends. By doing this the teams could only schedule games with teams that do things the same way. Teams that want to mail it in could play like-minded teams. Those that want a real game can limit their ice time to teams that want to compete.

A couple weeks ago our team won a game against a flight 2 team. After the game the parents on the other side made sure we all knew the coach had benched their star player for the first two periods. "Obviously, our team would have won if he had played. It's just a meaningless SCAHA game so the coach decided to teach the kid a lesson," they explained.

The following week the opposing team simply cancelled. My kid had no game. Just a SCAHA game. No big deal.....

Next, it's off to Yorba Linda and we get all this. Team plays a scrimmage right before they play us. Others chime in an discredit our kids' efforts. Just a SCAHA game. Nobody cares. Coach approaches it differently.

That's OK, though. I bought my plane tickets, have my hotel booked in Vacaville and a rental car waiting for me in Sacramento. Our guys will finally play games that count. Of course, they will be against three other SoCal teams, but at least we'll have an excuse-free weekend. I hope

Awesome season. Just loving it. Super duper.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #770 on: November 01, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »
You'll have your turn to apply excuses soon enough.

Freezing

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #771 on: November 01, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »
Well with Vacaville coming up it should be interesting to see how OC1 fairs against the other teams in flight 1. I am not affiliated with the mariners or OC but from watching OC up in San Jose and then in Valencia it was like watching two different teams. San Jose showed an OC team that was composed smart worked together with fresh lines in constant movement. In Valencia it was different!  I think the mariners have a few stellar kids but that doesn't make a team. I am curious how a few kids from Valencia managed to tie OC who is both large physically and in numbers. See you in Vacaville I will be slumming it in flight 2

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #772 on: November 02, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »

Come on PK

Are you having a hot cup of Trevor Tea now?
Call 'em like I see 'em

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #773 on: November 02, 2017, 09:59:56 AM »
Ms 4808088808

2 games this weekend.

Hope your boys hold up better than OC1

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #774 on: November 02, 2017, 10:14:14 AM »
I think what overlooked on the mariners is their D.

Solid

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #775 on: November 02, 2017, 10:53:16 AM »

Solid

Are you talking to yourself? High from your Trevor Tea.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #776 on: November 02, 2017, 12:15:36 PM »

Solid
They are big and play physical, but sometimes to their detriment.  Several times I've seen them chasing down a breakaway only to end up creating a dog pile on their own goalie.  Their goalie can be a game changer for them but he seems to have a rather short fuse, and once he reaches a point he loses his s--t.  When that happens the pucks have an easier time finding the net.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #777 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:46 PM »

Solid
They are big and play physical, but sometimes to their detriment.  Several times I've seen them chasing down a breakaway only to end up creating a dog pile on their own goalie.  Their goalie can be a game changer for them but he seems to have a rather short fuse, and once he reaches a point he loses his s--t.  When that happens the pucks have an easier time finding the net.

I heard their goalie had a huge growth spurt too. Some OC parent said he is 6-2 now.

Shut Your 5-Hole

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-6
« Reply #778 on: November 02, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »
so just get the goalie pissed and u win ?  wow! seems easy enough. Trans, Do you think u misunderstood what the OC parent said and got those 2 #'s backwards?  :o

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #779 on: November 02, 2017, 12:59:55 PM »
so just get the goalie pissed and u win ?  wow! seems easy enough.
Well, it doesn't hurt... ;D ;D ;D ;D