This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324590 times)

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #810 on: November 09, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »
Hey Tranny, where are the flight 1 lines you slacker!

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #811 on: November 09, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »
Bring sharp skates!   And don't forget to Boycott the skate and snack shops in Vacaville.  Send them da message.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #812 on: November 10, 2017, 07:15:27 AM »
Bring sharp skates!   And don't forget to Boycott the skate and snack shops in Vacaville.  Send them da message.

This^^^^^^^

Yes!!

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #813 on: November 10, 2017, 02:29:53 PM »
Why bother to make picks on meaningless games that no one cares about, no one tries and coaches are just using to see what they have? Why waste your precious time coming up with picks for meaningless games that no one plays to win?
Mytime is not that valuable.  :-[

Tranny is an honest man

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #814 on: November 10, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »
Why bother to make picks on meaningless games that no one cares about, no one tries and coaches are just using to see what they have? Why waste your precious time coming up with picks for meaningless games that no one plays to win?
Mytime is not that valuable.  :-[

Tranny is an honest man

An oxymoron if I ever saw one...

Freezing

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #815 on: November 11, 2017, 05:16:11 PM »
Caught a few games so far this weekend. Bears as sharp as ever and buried OC in the third it seems that's when they really come alive. They are fast smart and they are playing like a cohesive team (not surprised).  It's aparent that OC is not the same team from San Jose jamboree  and that's becoming more aparent with every caha and "it doesn't matter scaha game". They seem to have very little coaching and adopt a dump and chase ideology and depend on a few boys which isn't working. I'm surprised that empire hasn't put up a w yet this weekend but they are middle of the pack--I still think they could come alive as the season goes on. They have size and seem to have some game sense and coaching. GSE 2 looks big fast and smart with strong coaching behind their bench. Enjoying lovely Vacaville for one more day

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #816 on: November 12, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
Caught a few games so far this weekend. Bears as sharp as ever and buried OC in the third it seems that's when they really come alive. They are fast smart and they are playing like a cohesive team (not surprised).  It's aparent that OC is not the same team from San Jose jamboree  and that's becoming more aparent with every caha and "it doesn't matter scaha game". They seem to have very little coaching and adopt a dump and chase ideology and depend on a few boys which isn't working. I'm surprised that empire hasn't put up a w yet this weekend but they are middle of the pack--I still think they could come alive as the season goes on. They have size and seem to have some game sense and coaching. GSE 2 looks big fast and smart with strong coaching behind their bench. Enjoying lovely Vacaville for one more day
Every one of your post is bashing OC1 🤣
Yes they’re struggling... yes the bears and gse2 are dominant teams. The rest of the top flight is a coin flip. Each team plays twice. Lots of hockey to play.

Freezing

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #817 on: November 12, 2017, 02:09:09 PM »
Yes they’re struggling... yes the bears and gse2 are dominant teams. The rest of the top flight is a coin flip. Each team plays twice. Lots of hockey to play.

Orangecone I just think you guys have talent that is aparent, you have a big bench, and pretty big kids. I would like to see you guys put up a fight-- not bashing just observing. OC had a great showing In San Jose if you don't mind me asking from an insiders perspecive what's going on? Would love to watch you guys come back second half of this season and put up some wins.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #818 on: November 12, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »
2 surprises for me this weekend: OC1 going 0-4 and JK1 going 4-0. Agree with Freezing, I too believe that OC is better than their record shows. JK1 definitely proving they belong on Flight 1. They've been steadily improving each week. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out in Riverside next month.

PutYourFootOnTheGas

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-18
« Reply #819 on: November 12, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »
Wow, Bears are rolling. 14-0, 7-0, 7-0, 4-0. Needless to say they are HEAVILY out shooting their opponents too.

It's a shame they can't just play in the 14AAA division as those teams are obviously their speed (well, not the Gulls). Looks like they've beaten the Gulls and Ducks early in the year and recently have been beaten by and tied the Sharks. Kings are still the class of the division but Ducks have beaten them and they have had a couple of 1 goal victories over the Sharks. Bears would fit nicely there.

No sugar coating........it's clear the difference in level of play between AAA and AA. They have to travel more and much harder to find good games on the west coast but who the hell would wants to play games where you out score your opponents 32-0 over a CAHA weekend. Oh well.

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #820 on: November 12, 2017, 03:52:43 PM »
And they do all that with class. Way to go, Bears!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #821 on: November 12, 2017, 04:32:50 PM »
It is a bit discouraging. Seems like a waste of time, actually. If the other teams aren't going to be serious and put forth any real effort, why are we even playing the games? Perhaps it would be better to do it like the guys up north and let teams make their own schedules outside of the CAHA weekends. By doing this the teams could only schedule games with teams that do things the same way. Teams that want to mail it in could play like-minded teams. Those that want a real game can limit their ice time to teams that want to compete.

A couple weeks ago our team won a game against a flight 2 team. After the game the parents on the other side made sure we all knew the coach had benched their star player for the first two periods. "Obviously, our team would have won if he had played. It's just a meaningless SCAHA game so the coach decided to teach the kid a lesson," they explained.

The following week the opposing team simply cancelled. My kid had no game. Just a SCAHA game. No big deal.....

Next, it's off to Yorba Linda and we get all this. Team plays a scrimmage right before they play us. Others chime in an discredit our kids' efforts. Just a SCAHA game. Nobody cares. Coach approaches it differently.

That's OK, though. I bought my plane tickets, have my hotel booked in Vacaville and a rental car waiting for me in Sacramento. Our guys will finally play games that count. Of course, they will be against three other SoCal teams, but at least we'll have an excuse-free weekend. I hope

Awesome season. Just loving it. Super duper.
I guess over the week end you realized that when games matter, outcome sometimes turn out a little different.
🤗

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #822 on: November 12, 2017, 04:59:22 PM »

Orangecone I just think you guys have talent that is aparent, you have a big bench, and pretty big kids. I would like to see you guys put up a fight-- not bashing just observing. OC had a great showing In San Jose if you don't mind me asking from an insiders perspecive what's going on? Would love to watch you guys come back second half of this season and put up some wins.
Thanks for clarifying.
Where we are now is definitely unexpected for the most part. The Bears and GSE2 are 2 VERY good hockey teams that will go head to head in the end. Theres no weak spot on either team and both would do very well in any AAA division. San Jose weekend was great for us and actually not much has changed since. We are a very big physical club that likes to hit. To answer your question as to whats going on with OC1, the answer is easy. Undisciplined hockey. Most goals scored against us are when we are a man down. We're going to take a few penalties
 a game... it's our style of play. But when we take more than 3 its usually an issue. We had the lead weekend 1 against the wave and were undisciplined coming down the stretch as well as the game against the sharks. 2 blown leads = a quiet ride home .... that was not fun. We've also been a bit undisciplined [size=78%]in the passing (lack of) and trying to do too much dept (toe dragging through 3 guys ). We definitely had the toughest teams for the first two CAHA weekends... All we can do is look forward to the upcoming 2 CAHA weekends. When you lose, it forces you to dig deep and look at weaknesses[/size]
i believe that we will turn this around. We have a great team of kids that truly enjoy the game and each other. The upper division is exactly how the game should be. super competitive
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:00:42 PM by orangecone »

Bystander

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-2
« Reply #823 on: November 12, 2017, 05:45:55 PM »
Does anyone know what happened between JK2 and Jr. Reign yesterday? It was originally posted as a 3-3 tie, now it says 1-0 win for JK2.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #824 on: November 12, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »
Does anyone know what happened between JK2 and Jr. Reign yesterday? It was originally posted as a 3-3 tie, now it says 1-0 win for JK2.
Benny's played with a suspended player resulting in a forfeit