This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324483 times)

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #870 on: November 27, 2017, 05:27:38 PM »
BTW, Congrats to the Jr. Reign 14U AAs... for winning the San Diego Bantam A tournament... seriously? ??? ??? What's even funnier is that they didn't even go through undefeated.
Amazing what happens when you play where you should.

My thoughts exactly!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #871 on: December 01, 2017, 09:22:47 AM »
This weekends red headed step child pickes

Mariners.              Vs.          JK2                  Mariners by 5

JD2.                                       JR FLYERS.   JF BY 4

SAINTS.                 VS.          OC2.              SAINTS BY 3

JR REIGN.              VS.          WW.              WW BY 6

JK2.                         VS.         JD2.              JK2 BY 3

MARINERS.             VS.        JF.                 MARINERS BY 1

WW.                          VS.         OC2.            WW BY 2

JR REIGN.                VS.        SAINTS.      SAINTS BY 7

JD2.                           VS.       MARINERS. MARINERS BY 5

JK2.                            VS.      JF.                 JF BY 4

WW.                            VS.       SAINTS.       SAINTS BY 1

OC2.                            VS.      JR REIGN.    OC2 BY 4

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:25:42 AM by trans4761 »

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #872 on: December 03, 2017, 08:45:55 PM »
How did everyone's weekend go, any surprises, failures or upsets?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:27:16 AM by WCHP »

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #873 on: December 04, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »

Biggest surprise/upset of the weekend: Jr Kings 2 beating Jr Flyers 4-2. I always knew it was a matter of time before Kings2 get it together. Too much talent and coaching to be labeled as a team that doesn't belong. As for the Flyers, they're sort of a mystery. Capable of hanging with/beating any Flight 2 teams but too often ends up with ties...

Surprise #2: Reign winning 4-1 over OCHC2. In my opinion, OCHC2 should've handled the Reign, perhaps not by much, but nonetheless should've won. Congrats to Reign on 1st win of the season.

Failures: Wave2 unable to secure 1st place by losing in a competitive game 3-2 to Saints. Rather evenly played game with 40+ shots by both teams, but a few weak calls by refs + Wave2's inability to kill off penalties ultimately led to the loss.

Good weekend for Saints and Mariners as both went 3-0. If playoff starts today, Saints are in due to goal differential. Mariners just 1 point behind Wave2 and Saints. CAHA weekend in Feb. is going to be war, with top teams having zero room for mistakes and bottom teams trying to play spoilers...

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #874 on: December 04, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »

Flight 2 seems to be a dog fight between the four teams (saints, wave, mariners, flyers) for the top spot. They all are playing two of the four in the next two Caha weekends. It should be an exciting finish for flight2. Thats how it should be. Would be fun to watch.

Flight1, however, had some interesting results. Bears going 3-0 was no surprise but the shellacking they put on ducks in 12-3 win was surprising. Oc going 0-3 in losing twice to ducks in one day (gr8 scheduling caha) and then losing to gse1 effectively puts oc in the same category as wave ( no shot at play downs). Kings cooling from 4-0 in vacaville to 1-2 this weekend, with wave being their sole win, was no surprise. Empire going 3-0 was surprising knowing they played all norcal teams and have more 2004s than any other flight1 team. That speaks of good coaching and proves a healthy mix of 2 birth years can work. Minor year infusion doesnt mean u will get beat by pure major year teams. They, however, may not be able to beat bears who are extremely talented & coached.

Once again all Norcal teams looked good and did well and stayed in playoff hunt.gse1 is better than their record suggests and they like sharks have a game on hand.

When all is said & done bears, empire,kings, gse2, sharks, blackhawks, and gse1 might be the top 7 teams in flight 1. Ducks' lack of defensemen might prevent them from cracking top 7.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #875 on: December 04, 2017, 07:11:53 PM »
What place do you need to be in to make playdowns?

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #876 on: December 04, 2017, 10:47:08 PM »
Top 7 from flight1 and top team from flight 2.

nzone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-1
« Reply #877 on: December 05, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »
I thought #8 from flight 1 would  play #1 from flight 2 for the last spot in playdowns. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:52:46 AM by nzone »

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #878 on: December 05, 2017, 07:10:02 AM »

The top 7 teams in Flight 1 go to the playdowns and the #8 team plays one game against the top Flight 2 team for the last spot.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #879 on: December 05, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »
The top 7 teams in Flight 1 go to the playdowns and the #8 team plays one game against the top Flight 2 team for the last spot.
In hindsight, this is brilliant for the top four flight 2 teams - they are going to fight their asses off for a chance to make it into the Flight 1 playdowns.

Can't remember a team having a more complete meltdown than OC1.  It's really disheartening.  There are a lot of good, loyal families suffering through an abysmal season.  I don't know if there's enough alcohol and good times to see you through this one.  Really thought they'd be a top 5 team this year.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #880 on: December 05, 2017, 08:47:50 AM »
In hindsight, this is brilliant for the top four flight 2 teams - they are going to fight their asses off for a chance to make it into the Flight 1 playdowns.

Can't remember a team having a more complete meltdown than OC1.  It's really disheartening.  There are a lot of good, loyal families suffering through an abysmal season.  I don't know if there's enough alcohol and good times to see you through this one.  Really thought they'd be a top 5 team this year.

it is too bad about the OC1 they looked very strong at the Jamboree, was kinda expecting a stronger showing from Ducks 1 too.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #881 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
Does anyone on here know which Jr Ducks team is coming to Colorado for the U14 AA Presidents Day tournament?

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #882 on: December 14, 2017, 03:26:23 PM »
Does anyone on here know which Jr Ducks team is coming to Colorado for the U14 AA 8Presidents Day tournament?

I'm 99% it's the Jr Ducks AA Minor team.

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #883 on: December 15, 2017, 08:03:26 PM »
Does anyone on here know which Jr Ducks team is coming to Colorado for the U14 AA 8Presidents Day tournament?

Thanks!

I will hit up Trans for a scouting report

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #884 on: December 16, 2017, 12:19:43 PM »

Thanks!

I will hit up Trans for a scouting report

A scouting report on the Jr Ducks AA 04 team? Trust me, you don't need one... ;-)