This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 312416 times)

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #1065 on: February 15, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »
Actually it did happen and I can confirm 100%..... Nice read also! LOL!

Well -- as we discussed, I think there's a working theory of what happened there.  Just because it went around on a list doesn't mean that is what the club reported.  Also doesn't change the fact that no real evaluation happened for us. 

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #1066 on: February 15, 2018, 07:52:29 PM »
Actually it did happen and I can confirm 100%..... Nice read also! LOL!

Well -- as we discussed, I think there's a working theory of what happened there.  Just because it went around on a list doesn't mean that is what the club reported.  Also doesn't change the fact that no real evaluation happened for us.
There was an evaluation, it was confirmed based on what your club responded on your potential placement. Also, hate to say... i heard many coaches said bottom flight even though they will NEVER admit it! It's easier to point the finger and watch everyone go crazy! Haha!!!

You know me... I dig vs ranting to see WTF is going on. I've also always said Valencia should have been top flight and maybe 1 other and have the rest drop.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #1067 on: February 15, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »
Sorry guys, this pertains to Peewee and it has a bit of carry over.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #1068 on: February 16, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »
There was an evaluation, it was confirmed based on what your club responded on your potential placement. Also, hate to say... i heard many coaches said bottom flight even though they will NEVER admit it! It's easier to point the finger and watch everyone go crazy! Haha!!!

You know me... I dig vs ranting to see WTF is going on. I've also always said Valencia should have been top flight and maybe 1 other and have the rest drop.

Not letting you get away with that, sorry bud.

1. I talked to our Club rep BEFORE San Jose.  I believe he did what he said he did, because there is NO reason for him not to have or to lie to me.
2. I KNOW you had visibility to the rankings.  That doesn't mean that the rankings were not manipulated.  Stating that you KNOW what the club reported simply isn't accurate.  You saw a ranking you were told was based on something, but you didn't make the list yourself did you?
3.  Our Jamboree games were all close, especially during the time we had evaluators attending.  We pulled our goalie in every game we were behind and gave up 2 empty netters out of the 3 games we lost.  Maybe if our coach had known that score was the only thing being considered we might not have. 
4.  CAHA board member TOLD ME, "Your team was NEVER considered for Flight1."  There were 2 other parents standing there when this was stated to us.
5. As you know I had the score sheets with shots on goal as well.  I even posted shot on goal totals for all the teams just prior to the Flighting. 

It sounds like you were privy to some formal or informal polling of coaches who had the chance to have input into where teams should be placed. Our clubs and coaches were not involved in this, never knew about it, and were never consulted.     

We can go back to the announcement and already people were expressing concerns that there was no criteria.  The CAHA book has rules out the wazoo, and the Flight system should have come along with rules concerning how the Flighting would be done from the get-go and we could have avoided a lot of this BS.  It was done in secret, and it clearly involved a bunch of people voting or manipulating the flights to your point.  I'm not sure why you would want to defend it. 

Even if the Flighting got some teams wrong, if it had been done in the open, with clarity and information provided to ALL the coaches and clubs, I would have absolutely nothing to complain about.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:57:14 AM by lcadad »

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #1069 on: February 16, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »
I THINK A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT NEED BE FILED AGAINST CAHA AND ALL THE COACHES THAT KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON AND DIDNT SAY ANYTHING.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #1070 on: February 16, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »

Dear CAHA Boardmembers,

1.  Before you make a decision, consider the long term impact.  Time and money was wasted this past season that could have been used for new equipment or for those expensive privates that coaches love. 
2.  Before you think of your own club, try to put the needs of players and their families first when making decisions.
3.  Figure out how you can generate more than four AAA teams at any age group or birth year.  Statistically you are way off in comparison to other states nationally.  Having California win national championships is not necessarily the the number one goal, developing players and providing opportunities for them is.   
4.  If you are a board member and you never played hockey, then realize it and own it.  Know your limitations. 
5.  Have a bit more clarity and visibility.  Parents are a bit more knowledgeable than you may realize.  Consider new ways of communication and feedback. 

Thanks for giving your time to this great game, 
The loving parent of a CAHA player
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:39:48 AM by Hockey05 »

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #1071 on: February 16, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well stated.  Strongly agree.

Goaliedad32

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-10
« Reply #1072 on: February 17, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »
Are they planing on telling clubs where fight 2 playdownd are going to be before next year's try outs ?

Just cancel this stupid shit !!

Agree waste of time and money.
I agree Trans.  Several issues with flight 2 playdowns.  #1 Who cares who wins flight #2.  (no one in flight #2 wanted to be in flight #2 in the first place,  on top of that they are making us do a play down--for what?  Bragging rights 'We are the best of the worst?')  #2 Families/players/coaches were not told about this at time of signing #3 Notice was not given to the teams until 1 week ago?!?   

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1073 on: February 17, 2018, 10:16:53 PM »
Are they planing on telling clubs where fight 2 playdownd are going to be before next year's try outs ?

Just cancel this stupid shit !!

Agree waste of time and money.
I agree Trans.  Several issues with flight 2 playdowns.  #1 Who cares who wins flight #2.  (no one in flight #2 wanted to be in flight #2 in the first place,  on top of that they are making us do a play down--for what?  Bragging rights 'We are the best of the worst?')  #2 Families/players/coaches were not told about this at time of signing #3 Notice was not given to the teams until 1 week ago?!?

Welcome  back to the boards goalie dad.

Yes you are spot on!

Flyers tried to pull the plug and cancel this crap and SCAHA has treatened them with fines and sanctions if they do. Flyers have 9 skaters left due to injury and are not allowed to even add.

Total BS

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #1074 on: February 17, 2018, 10:32:46 PM »
I hear several teams don't even want to participate in the "Flight 2 play down" and will probably have to be forced, and most will be missing players because thanks to CAHA their families were planning most of this year for their hockey season to be done by now and so have other commitments.  CAHA at this point is compounding stupidity with idiocy.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #1075 on: February 17, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »
So where and when is this happening

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1076 on: February 17, 2018, 10:38:25 PM »
So where and when is this happening