This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 324499 times)

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #1095 on: March 01, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »
Whos excited for tier 2 playdowns? :)

The Ice Station accountant is pretty psyched.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1096 on: March 01, 2018, 07:58:04 PM »
Whos excited for tier 2 playdowns? :)

The Ice Station accountant is pretty psyched.

SCAHA is too.$$$

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #1097 on: March 01, 2018, 08:20:53 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Into the Boards

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #1098 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:15 PM »
Yippie...who doesn't love to fight for a second place flight 2 banner! Embarrassing to even hang that one in any rink.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #1099 on: March 03, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
I heard rumor that one of the teams only has 7 skaters available.  Goes to the ambivalence and timing of this. Club asked if they could supplement with some Bantam A's and were told no.  :o

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #1100 on: March 05, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »
This year's Biggest Loser  Bantam AA Flight 2.....

Mariners

Raise banner with pride

Defensive Zone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-18
« Reply #1101 on: March 05, 2018, 11:21:18 AM »
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]It sounds like “Trans” needs to adjust his/her hormone dose because he/she is sounding a little bitchy and acting like a giant sore loser. [/font][/color][/font][/size]

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #1102 on: March 05, 2018, 11:31:49 AM »
It sounds like “Trans” needs to adjust his/her hormone dose because he/she is sounding a little bitchy and acting like a giant sore loser.
Ummm...ok
Hate to break it to you.  If my boys team would have won, it' not really something to get a hard on for.  Take nothing away the MARINERS, they played well.  I' just saying, not really Flight 2 champions until they play the Saints..
On another note, how tasteless is it for parents to cheer/jeer a kid for getting a penalty ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:33:07 AM by trans4761 »

Pass_the_puck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #1103 on: March 05, 2018, 11:53:52 AM »
It sounds like “Trans” needs to adjust his/her hormone dose because he/she is sounding a little bitchy and acting like a giant sore loser.
Ummm...ok
Hate to break it to you.  If my boys team would have won, it' not really something to get a hard on for.  Take nothing away the MARINERS, they played well.  I' just saying, not really Flight 2 champions until they play the Saints..
On another note, how tasteless is it for parents to cheer/jeer a kid for getting a penalty ?

Guess it depends on what kid is taking the penalty. Does this kid have a history of playing dirty? If he does, get used to it. This is hockey, not figure skating...

Pass_the_puck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #1104 on: March 05, 2018, 12:16:32 PM »
Ummm...ok

Guess it depends on what kid is taking the penalty. Does this kid have a history of playing dirty? If he does, get used to it. This is hockey, not figure skating...

Actually no he doesn't...and it is pretty sad if the kid gets off the ice saying how annoying the parents are and that the parents talk more trash than the kids on the ice. Maybe because the boys on the ice get that it is "Hockey" which is a contact sport. If you don't want your little angel getting touched go have them play golf or tennis.

So your saying that the kid gets off the ice annoyed? lol that's funny. All I'm saying is to get used to it. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. You aren't going to change parents, well, unless you punch them in the face.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:17:07 PM by Pass_the_puck »

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #1105 on: March 05, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »
Well, yet another season has come and gone. Congrats to Saint AND Mariners. Mariners played well this past weekend and deserve whatever accolades CAHA/SCAHA dished upon us. Props to the new goalie, he was excellent.

Despite what we think about how 'meaningless' this past weekend was, I personally still wish my kid's team would've won, but Mariners had a better weekend so congrats. Regarding the penalties, I'm sure some will disagree, but that young ref was seriously whistle happy and all those penalties called on us early on really did affect the outcome of the game. Oh well, there's always next season!

Norcal1

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-1
« Reply #1106 on: March 05, 2018, 01:48:06 PM »
I wouldn't say annoyed but with an impression that parents are crazy because on the ice, boys even though they are on opposing teams talk and compliment each other...even after the games.
Some parents do deserve to get punched in the mouth at times but I guess it's better to just let them show their class when they are sitting there yelling at a 13 year old kid.

Best remedy for that is to record them on your phone and share your video of their behavior on the web!!!!

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #1107 on: March 05, 2018, 03:00:19 PM »
A few of the Mariners parents were certainly "sore winners." There's a lot of that going around nowadays so it's the new normal, and I guess we just have to get used to it, but parents heckling kids in the penalty box was over the top and not something I've seen much before at this level. I didn't see many penalties on either team that made much sense, which makes it worse. The KIDS and coaches on both teams were a complete class act from what I saw, though, and that was really great to see.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:05:34 PM by Stanley »

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #1108 on: March 05, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »

I wouldn't say annoyed but with an impression that parents are crazy because on the ice, boys even though they are on opposing teams talk and compliment each other...even after the games.

Some parents do deserve to get punched in the mouth at times but I guess it's better to just let them show their class when they are sitting there yelling at a 13 year old kid.

If you really think all bantam level players are doing when they "communicate" on the ice is to compliment each other...you really ought to spend some time at Lakewood or other rink were you can get above the glass and look down on the action...you will be AMAZED at what  your little angel is saying during games....

Of course...hockey parents do, in fact, suck. And there is no shortage of moronic hockey parents...where do you think the kids learn to talk like that ON the ice!  ;-)

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #1109 on: March 05, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »

If you really think all bantam level players are doing when they "communicate" on the ice is to compliment each other...you really ought to spend some time at Lakewood or other rink were you can get above the glass and look down on the action...you will be AMAZED at what  your little angel is saying during games....

Of course...hockey parents do, in fact, suck. And there is no shortage of moronic hockey parents...where do you think the kids learn to talk like that ON the ice!  ;-)

not my kid hes sweet and perfect