This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for AA?  (Read 321533 times)

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
Re: Predictions for AA?
« Reply #1125 on: March 28, 2018, 02:04:59 PM »
Peter's coaching style is refreshingly straight forward and methodic yet personal.  Somehow he is one of the only coaches to raise up a team to be better as a whole.  Players systematically work together and each line scores points in every game.   What is not to like here?

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #1126 on: March 28, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »

Trevor Wada at the Wave in Artesia ain't chopped liver either.  His Wednesday scrimmages will be good.

Agreed, Wednesday scrimmage at Wave should be excellent. Wada Wave may not be the flavor of the month, but road to State next year will have to go thru Artesia.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #1127 on: March 28, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »
BUT.....
At this level, we've all been around the block.  There is ALWAYS a new coach De Jour, every year.  This year it's PT's turn. Next year, who knows.
Yeah, except for last year when he took the 02's to Nationals.  And 5 years ago when his squirts won the SCAHA championship.  That club has had some bumps but there is no doubt that the new ownership and the coaching leadership of PT have turned it around 180 degrees.  Like them or not, you gotta give credit where it's due.
Hold up there cowboy !!
I have NOTHING  against Da bears/PT.   They are a well run organization and PT seems to be a good guy.  Also have a good set of 04 parents so I wish them the best (almost).
Just saying that every year there is a new team that parents want their kids on because of their succss the previous year. This year its Da Bears.  Next year it might be someone else.
No need to get panties in a bunch.  ;)

dionnefan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +18/-9
« Reply #1128 on: March 28, 2018, 04:43:46 PM »
Yeah, except for last year when he took the 02's to Nationals.  And 5 years ago when his squirts won the SCAHA championship.  That club has had some bumps but there is no doubt that the new ownership and the coaching leadership of PT have turned it around 180 degrees.  Like them or not, you gotta give credit where it's due.

I met PT 5 years ago. My sons were on his 2003 team that won the SCAHA and CAHA championships. He had just been hired by the Bears. I still remember being in the meeting during tryouts when he told all the parents "Trust me with your player. We may not be good this year, we may not be good next year, but stick with me and I'll have your player at the AAA level by the time it matters." 5 years later, there are a couple of kids who quit hockey, but for the rest, he delivered on his promise.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #1129 on: March 28, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »
Hold up there cowboy !!
I have NOTHING  against Da bears/PT.   They are a well run organization and PT seems to be a good guy.  Also have a good set of 04 parents so I wish them the best (almost).
Just saying that every year there is a new team that parents want their kids on because of their succss the previous year. This year its Da Bears.  Next year it might be someone else.
Take it easy and keep your panties to yourself  ;D

Not saying you have an ax to grind, just pointing out that the Bears are not a flash in the pan.  Over the past 5 years they have displayed steady improvement, at many levels, not just PT's teams.  They've had players rotate in and out of that program, but their in-house development is pretty good.  Most of the boys going to Natties this year played Bantam A last year.

WW, OC, and the Bears will be fun to watch next year, keep us posted.

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #1130 on: March 29, 2018, 08:40:59 AM »
Hold up there cowboy !!

Not saying you have an ax to grind, just pointing out that the Bears are not a flash in the pan.  Over the past 5 years they have displayed steady improvement, at many levels, not just PT's teams.  They've had players rotate in and out of that program, but their in-house development is pretty good.  Most of the boys going to Natties this year played Bantam A last year.

Too bad they are going to lose their rink

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1131 on: March 29, 2018, 08:59:47 AM »
Hold up there cowboy !!

Allegedly! but who knows when or even if. 

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
« Reply #1132 on: March 29, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
Hold up there cowboy !!

Allegedly! but who knows when or even if.

It would be a shame, they are a great club.

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #1133 on: March 29, 2018, 09:26:44 AM »
Hold up there cowboy !!

From what I know, developers want to replace Pickwick with high density apartments. Surrounding neighborhoods putting up a big fight to not have that happen. Time will tell depending on what sort of back room deals are cut,

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #1134 on: March 29, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »
Pickwick will go down as soon as the rinks in Reseda on Sherman Way are built.  Been waiting how long on that now?

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #1135 on: March 29, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
The Ice Station is being sold and turned into a medical facility...happening this summer! Or, was it last summer...or 3 summers ago....cant keep track but it is definitely being sold sometime before 2025!

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #1136 on: March 29, 2018, 04:23:42 PM »
The Ice Station is being sold and turned into a medical facility...happening this summer! Or, was it last summer...or 3 summers ago....cant keep track but it is definitely being sold sometime before 2025!
Lol!! His asking price needs to come down a bit!

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1137 on: March 29, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »

Yes he wants 12 Million

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #1138 on: March 29, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »

Yes he wants 12 Million

Not bad considering the original loan was 2.8M

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #1139 on: March 29, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »

Yes he wants 12 Million

Not bad considering the original loan was 2.8M

Kings offered 8 a while back I heard Too bad he didn't sell it.