This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Shared ice  (Read 8377 times)

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
Shared ice
« on: August 31, 2017, 03:25:50 AM »
Out of curiosity how many of you playing in AA are getting practices with a full sheet of ice all by yourselves. Our team has had to share the ice every week twice a week with the Pee Wees. And if you know anything about our scrimmage results that's not going too well.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
Re: Shared ice
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:41:26 AM »
We share 3 a week with Midget 16 AA team and one full Ice by ourselves.

Some of the ones we share last 2hrs and it's fast paced.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:37:36 AM »
3 full sheets, all to ourselves.  Two 1-hour slots during the week and one 1.5-hour slot on Saturday for practice or scrimmages.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:06:58 AM »
Valencia practices mostly shared ice under Pavel.  I personally have no issue with it and think that I would rather see the boys with 2 hours of 1/2 ice than 1 hour of full ice.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 08:28:53 AM »
my biggest issue is that we are a Bantam Team and we are practing with the peewees

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 08:40:21 AM »
my biggest issue is that we are a Bantam Team and we are practing with the peewees

Right!

Are they Pee Wee AA?

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:18 AM »
;D ;D ;D I suppose the PeeWees aren't complaining, lol

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:35:36 AM »

Right!

Are they Pee Wee AA?

yes

hawxfan

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
The last 2 years son played for a particular club they were supposed to get shared ice twice a week and then 1 full sheet for just their team, it never seem to work out that way.  It was Midget and Peewees and then a few squirts started showing up.  I would say it didn't work out, that team didn't win a game in 2 years.  We left  8)

coachbombay

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »
We share 3 a week with Midget 16 AA team and one full Ice by ourselves.

Some of the ones we share last 2hrs and it's fast paced.

wow! that's almost 8 hrs of ice per week. what team are you guys on? I want to sign up.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 12:55:32 AM »
It's Valencia Jr Flyers.

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 10:38:22 AM »

Right!

Are they Pee Wee AA?

yes

I'm assuming I know what team your son is on and sharing ice with Pee Wee AAs isn't a problem IMO.  The ice is shared FULL ice for flow drills and skill drills with Bantams working together with little interaction with the Peewees except for occasional regroup drills using full ice.  All passing drills, 1 v 1, 2 v 1 etc... are Bantam with/on Bantam. Then they split and work in opposite ends for small area games and some team concepts.  Sharing the ice allows you to get more ice time which is what many of the kids need to develop SKILLS.  There's no need to be concerned about team concepts when the kids can't put two passes together.  That will come later which is why many of the newly formed teams will get much better. Besides, many of the Bantams are being out SKATED by the PWAAs IMO  ;D   

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 03:38:41 PM »

Right!

Are they Pee Wee AA?

yes

I'm assuming I know what team your son is on and sharing ice with Pee Wee AAs isn't a problem IMO.  The ice is shared FULL ice for flow drills and skill drills with Bantams working together with little interaction with the Peewees except for occasional regroup drills using full ice.  All passing drills, 1 v 1, 2 v 1 etc... are Bantam with/on Bantam. Then they split and work in opposite ends for small area games and some team concepts.  Sharing the ice allows you to get more ice time which is what many of the kids need to develop SKILLS.  There's no need to be concerned about team concepts when the kids can't put two passes together.  That will come later which is why many of the newly formed teams will get much better. Besides, many of the Bantams are being out SKATED by the PWAAs IMO  ;D

2 passes...your funny