This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2017-18  (Read 115316 times)

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
Re: Squirt A 2017-18
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
Jr Flyers were at home for Labor Day, and played some low-skilled teams.  There are not #1.  #1 team in Squirt A is Kings Gasseau by far.  They are the clear favorite based on what I saw at the Anaheim Early Bird Tournament, and my knowledge of their team.  (I don't think they played anywhere for Labor Day)

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »
our Jr. Duck Squirt A 1 team had a tough finals game against the Jr. Gulls at the Early Bird Tournament in Anaheim. We were very happy with how it turned out.

SMH !!!  What next? trophy for every kid... Isn't that the same Jr Gulls team that did NOT make the playoff in Squirt BB??  and if you were really 'very happy with how it turned out,' 4-1... I smell cow dung.

Not really the "same" team... Hell 2 of the kids from that Gulls BB team from last season skipped town to join that very JD a1 team they beat in the early bird final (including the goalie).  Between transfers out to other programs and kids that were beat out by 08's or incoming transfers during tryouts, almost half of that Gulls A team changed since last season.  In other words... like most programs, they'll have a little bit different look this season.

While the Gulls won it, a couple bounces here and there and it could have been either of the JD teams that could have won it.  Not sure why that person couldn't be happy about how it turned out.  Their team looks very competitive for the upcoming regular season.

...case in point Gulls lost to JD2-Texeira 4-2 this morning (and spent most of the game hemmed in their own end).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:02:06 PM by SDhockeydad07 »

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Jr Flyers were at home for Labor Day, and played some low-skilled teams.  There are not #1.  #1 team in Squirt A is Kings Gasseau by far.  They are the clear favorite based on what I saw at the Anaheim Early Bird Tournament, and my knowledge of their team.  (I don't think they played anywhere for Labor Day)

How can you say "by far" when they haven't played anyone, oh except Empire...

I think they are #3 at best.

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 02:26:54 PM »
Bears came out of hibernation... beat Mariners 4-3.

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »
They scrimmaged mariners twice, and smashed them. Plus, that entire team essentially returned from last year, and even got better because they got some 07s too.  Just my assessment, and I don't think I'll be proven wrong this season.

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »
Ducks (3) lost to Flyers 12-7.

KNRFMLY

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
This morning Ice Dogs beat Jr Ducks Kabanets 9-1

That was a rough game yesterday. Our Jr. Ducks squad did not look like the same team from last weekend at the tournament. Hoping for a better result this coming weekend.

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »
Some of you people need hobbies! Some of you take this way too serious... I'd choose the kings and gulls as my top two do far. The both pad the puck well and have some speed.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »
SDhockeydad07 - i take SD doesn't stand for 'so dumb'.  are you claiming that you've upgraded at the net minder spot?  and a few 08's have improved your squad from a year ago??  You might as well take your kid back to House League with that 'happy how it turned out' attitude.  Better yet, play tee-ball or flag football, which will save you money and fit that passive mentality.  What you guys pay in California for hockey, you should expect to win every game.  Especially at the rate that JrDucks 1 coach seem to be charging families.

vrspartak - what are your credential to say "#1 team in Squirt A is Kings Gasseau by far.  They are the clear favorite based on what I saw at the Anaheim Early Bird Tournament"?  what information of that team do you know that makes them #1??  The Gulls left a goose egg on the score board against the same Empire team that your #1 spot failed to do.  Point differential was +8 for the Gulls where your Kings got by with a +5.  Number one I think not.

KNRFMLY - ALERT : SDhockeydad07 claims you have a dud in the net.  Your last post doesn't sound as positive as post tournament review, but understandable, 9-1 is far worst than 4-1.

Hackey11 - what's your hobby that you're on here reading what serious people do?  one of your top 2 teams just lost 4-2 last weekend.  "The both pad the puck"???  seems like someone needs to return to grammar school.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 11:45:23 PM »
Now that is how you throw down on cal hockey.  Nuffsaid, you have taken us all right back to the glory days of this board and Zamboni Driver in full effect.   I can see you Squirt parents do not mess around.  Well played  ;D

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 05:39:30 AM »
SDhockeydad07 - i take SD doesn't stand for 'so dumb'.  are you claiming that you've upgraded at the net minder spot?  and a few 08's have improved your squad from a year ago??  You might as well take your kid back to House League with that 'happy how it turned out' attitude.  Better yet, play tee-ball or flag football, which will save you money and fit that passive mentality.  What you guys pay in California for hockey, you should expect to win every game.  Especially at the rate that JrDucks 1 coach seem to be charging families.

vrspartak - what are your credential to say "#1 team in Squirt A is Kings Gasseau by far.  They are the clear favorite based on what I saw at the Anaheim Early Bird Tournament"?  what information of that team do you know that makes them #1??  The Gulls left a goose egg on the score board against the same Empire team that your #1 spot failed to do.  Point differential was +8 for the Gulls where your Kings got by with a +5.  Number one I think not.

Already stated where I got my opinion from.  If it makes you feel better, I have the Gulls at #2...but any given Sunday.  Just my observations.

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 01:33:15 PM »
vrspartak:
 I would also agree that based on the posted rosters, the Kings (2) team looks like an early favorite.  They should be a strong group with 2 returning SQA players (07's??), plus other additions (07's?) to a team that had a really nice top line last year in BB.

Kings (2), Gulls, Ducks (2), Flyers, would be my early top 4.

nuffsed:
[Not really the "same" team... Hell 2 of the kids from that Gulls BB team from last season skipped town to join that very JD a1 team they beat in the early bird final (including the goalie).  Between transfers out to other programs and kids that were beat out by 08's or incoming transfers during tryouts, almost half of that Gulls A team changed since last season.  In other words... like most programs, they'll have a little bit different look this season.

I don't see anywhere that SDhockeydad07 claimed an upgrade in net, or that the jr Ducks1 got a dud from them.   However, the Gulls looked good in Anaheim despite integrating several 08's  and a new goalie.

Maybe it's just early, but the top teams in SQA last year seemed a lot stronger at the start of the season.

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
vrspartak:
 I would also agree that based on the posted rosters, the Kings (2) team looks like an early favorite.  They should be a strong group with 2 returning SQA players (07's??), plus other additions (07's?) to a team that had a really nice top line last year in BB.

Kings (2), Gulls, Ducks (2), Flyers, would be my early top 4.

nuffsed:
[Not really the "same" team... Hell 2 of the kids from that Gulls BB team from last season skipped town to join that very JD a1 team they beat in the early bird final (including the goalie).  Between transfers out to other programs and kids that were beat out by 08's or incoming transfers during tryouts, almost half of that Gulls A team changed since last season.  In other words... like most programs, they'll have a little bit different look this season.

I don't see anywhere that SDhockeydad07 claimed an upgrade in net, or that the jr Ducks1 got a dud from them.   However, the Gulls looked good in Anaheim despite integrating several 08's  and a new goalie.

Maybe it's just early, but the top teams in SQA last year seemed a lot stronger at the start of the season.

Yeah, that was my thought process.  Your top 4 is essentially the same as mine:  Kings2, Gulls, Flyers, Ducks-Tex.....although all those teams are pretty good and capable of winning. Gonna be an interesting season.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 09:48:23 PM »
Hi, rip you a new one!  if you go back to 09-10-17 @ 1:30:55 pm, hackey dad from SD, in parentheses, pointed out (including the goalie) which one could take as being the weak link since they lost 4-1 in that tournament.  I may have read that wrong and he did not say they upgraded, but a win is a win no matter what sport you play.  My bad.

Mrs.Partak - so cause you stated what you "saw from the A.E.B.T" and what your "knowledge of their team" is, we're supposed to believe that their the clear favorite?  Here is what is CLEAR to me.  Jr Flyers would be the favorite going into Labor Day because they won SqBB.  A toss up now with Ducks 2-Tex and the Gulls because they've won and lost to each other.  The Ice Dogs handled Ducks 1-Kab.  Kings 2 have no record of playing on Labor Day, so ____________ (insert cricket sound here).  Get back at me 10-02 after they've played both Ducks 1 & 2. 

lcadad - maybe I'm wrong, but new generation of parents may not like my tone.  I may have to go back and find this Zamboni Driver you speak of and have a few laughs.  then again, it's just 10U hockey.

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 06:06:18 AM »
Hi, rip you a new one!  if you go back to 09-10-17 @ 1:30:55 pm, hackey dad from SD, in parentheses, pointed out (including the goalie) which one could take as being the weak link since they lost 4-1 in that tournament.  I may have read that wrong and he did not say they upgraded, but a win is a win no matter what sport you play.  My bad.

Mrs.Partak - so cause you stated what you "saw from the A.E.B.T" and what your "knowledge of their team" is, we're supposed to believe that their the clear favorite?  Here is what is CLEAR to me.  Jr Flyers would be the favorite going into Labor Day because they won SqBB.  A toss up now with Ducks 2-Tex and the Gulls because they've won and lost to each other.  The Ice Dogs handled Ducks 1-Kab.  Kings 2 have no record of playing on Labor Day, so ____________ (insert cricket sound here).  Get back at me 10-02 after they've played both Ducks 1 & 2. 

lcadad - maybe I'm wrong, but new generation of parents may not like my tone.  I may have to go back and find this Zamboni Driver you speak of and have a few laughs.  then again, it's just 10U hockey.

Just my assessment, feel free to disagree.