This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2017-18  (Read 112783 times)

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
Re: Squirt A 2017-18
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2017, 04:40:33 AM »
Still haven't seen a score posted for Ducks 3 vs. Kings 1. Does anyone know who won that game?

One other question, are there any pure 2008 birth-year teams in SQ A this year?

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
Still haven't seen a score posted for Ducks 3 vs. Kings 1. Does anyone know who won that game?

One other question, are there any pure 2008 birth-year teams in SQ A this year?

I think the only pure 2008 birth-year team is JD3.  Maybe Empire as well??

JD1 and JD2 are probably the only pure 2007 teams, with the rest a mix of 07/08's (The JK2 has about 1/3 2007's, the Gulls are about 1/3 2008's).

Lady Byng Guy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
Kings 2 defeated Ducks 2, 4-3.

Disco, That almost makes the game sound boring.

Kings up 3-0 in the 3rd period, then Ducks storm back to tie it up.  With the Kings hanging on for dear life, they bust through for a breakaway and score with 0.1 sec on the clock.

Any word on the other games?
The 11 penalties called on the Ducks at Toyota made it especially exciting.  Wish I could say it was the first time.  But hats off to the kid making that play at the end of the game.  Amazing.

No sour grapes on the penalties that were called.  Every single penalty on both sides were justified  (including the delay of game bench minor on the goalie switch that didnt happen).  The Officials did a great job and kept control of what was.a.physical game.  To be honest, it sure looked to me that the Ducks were targeting kids with clear body checks all game.  Eleven penalties was probably on the lite side because it could have been a lot worse.
The officials were especially great when they put the whistles away on those Ducks' breakaways, right?  Or when the kid who scored the winning goal was supposed to be in the penalty box at the time?  There's a reason you can't get a decent field for the Tinseltown tournaments anymore.  But keep on dancing, Disco.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:54:28 PM by Lady Byng Guy »

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2017, 09:22:54 PM »

Kings up 3-0 in the 3rd period, then Ducks storm back to tie it up.  With the Kings hanging on for dear life, they bust through for a breakaway and score with 0.1 sec on the clock.

The 11 penalties called on the Ducks at Toyota made it especially exciting.  Wish I could say it was the first time.  But hats off to the kid making that play at the end of the game.  Amazing.

No sour grapes on the penalties that were called.  Every single penalty on both sides were justified  (including the delay of game bench minor on the goalie switch that didnt happen).  The Officials did a great job and kept control of what was.a.physical game.  To be honest, it sure looked to me that the Ducks were targeting kids with clear body checks all game.  Eleven penalties was probably on the lite side because it could have been a lot worse.
The officials were especially great when they put the whistles away on those Ducks' breakaways, right?  Or when the kid who scored the winning goal was supposed to be in the penalty box at the time?  There's a reason you can't get a decent field for the Tinseltown tournaments anymore.  But keep on dancing, Disco.

Dream on, Byng.  The kid who scored shouldn't have been in the box.  You'e off by one whole jersey number.  If you think I'm wrong, TSC is equipped with livebarn.  Get a membership and watch the game more objectively.  You'll see the Ducks routinely slash the sticks out of Kings' players hands.  Repeatedly.  Try watching behind the play sometimes.  You'll find that your team plays a little on the dirty side.  Hey, that's okay though, the kids didn't get all dressed up for nothing!  It's also dirty to target players for body checks in a division that doesn't allow it.  Look, it was a great game.  Don't cheapen what both teams played for because you can't handle the outcome.  I don't see anyone complaining that the Ducks goals were all lucky.  Considering they were all the results of bad bounces one could employ that logic. No one is though.  Why you ask?  Because it is a bunch of kids playing hockey.  Relax, the refs aren't why you lost. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:49:11 PM by Disco Dan »

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2017, 09:31:57 AM »
Let me attempt a diversion here.... Anyone know the score of Ducks (3) vs. Kings (1) game?  ;D

Lady Byng Guy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »

Dream on, Byng.  The kid who scored shouldn't have been in the box.  You'e off by one whole jersey number.  If you think I'm wrong, TSC is equipped with livebarn.  Get a membership and watch the game more objectively.  You'll see the Ducks routinely slash the sticks out of Kings' players hands.  Repeatedly.  Try watching behind the play sometimes.  You'll find that your team plays a little on the dirty side.  Hey, that's okay though, the kids didn't get all dressed up for nothing!  It's also dirty to target players for body checks in a division that doesn't allow it.  Look, it was a great game.  Don't cheapen what both teams played for because you can't handle the outcome.  I don't see anyone complaining that the Ducks goals were all lucky.  Considering they were all the results of bad bounces one could employ that logic. No one is though.  Why you ask?  Because it is a bunch of kids playing hockey.  Relax, the refs aren't why you lost.

Sorry, Disco.  I gave you the benefit of the doubt and watched the game again.  The last penalty of the game on the Kings, the player in question (same number as Mike Trout) clearly rips down the Ducks' breakaway player from behind.  The play was whistled, and a nearby Kings' defenseman (a number, four numbers higher than the other player) was sent to the box instead.  But thanks for the typically condescending and inaccurate Kings response.  Enjoy your win and the rest of that patsy schedule you were awarded, and we'll see you on neutral playoff ice.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:54:16 PM by Lady Byng Guy »

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2017, 06:35:22 PM »

Sorry, Disco.  I gave you the benefit of the doubt and watched the game again.  The last penalty of the game on the Kings, the player in question (same number as Mike Trout) clearly rips down the Ducks' breakaway player from behind.  The play was whistled, and a nearby Kings' defenseman (a number, four numbers higher than the other player) was sent to the box instead.  But thanks for the typically condescending and inaccurate Kings response.  Enjoy your win and the rest of that patsy schedule you were awarded, and we'll see you on neutral playoff ice.

Byng, you must be the Father screaming over the glass during the last few minutes of the game.  Live through your kid much?  First of all, the ridiculous notion that you can see what occurs is simply absurd.  The Livebarn camera doesn't pan in time to really see.  Knowng your vantage point wasn't any better than mine, I'm going to defer to the official who was in a great position to ACTUALLY SEE WHAT HAPPENED.  He made a call, on the kid that committed the infraction no less, and sent him to the box.  What more do you want?  Secondly, there was nothing condescending in my post.  Your kids' team lost.  That falls on your team and it's players.  Blaming the officials gets you nowhere.  Although I'm sure if you keep complaining maybe someone will award you a participation trophy for being in the game!  Lastly, why the little brother syndrome?  One day everything will be okay!  In the meantime, keep bashing the Kings because clearly everything to you is the responsibility of someone else.  You sir, are clearly the "I" in TEAM, located prominently in the A hole...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:43:32 PM by Disco Dan »

Lady Byng Guy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2017, 07:59:04 PM »

Byng, you must be the Father screaming over the glass during the last few minutes of the game.  Live through your kid much?  First of all, the ridiculous notion that you can see what occurs is simply absurd.  The Livebarn camera doesn't pan in time to really see.  Knowng your vantage point wasn't any better than mine, I'm going to defer to the official who was in a great position to ACTUALLY SEE WHAT HAPPENED.  He made a call, on the kid that committed the infraction no less, and sent him to the box.  What more do you want?  Secondly, there was nothing condescending in my post.  Your kids' team lost.  That falls on your team and it's players.  Blaming the officials gets you nowhere.  Although I'm sure if you keep complaining maybe someone will award you a participation trophy for being in the game!  Lastly, why the little brother syndrome?  One day everything will be okay!  In the meantime, keep bashing the Kings because clearly everything to you is the responsibility of someone else.  You sir, are clearly the "I" in TEAM, located prominently in the A hole...

Except, I didn't see it on your Livebarn.  But way to unravel and completely embarrass yourself on here.  Again, enjoy the win and we'll see you in a couple months.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2017, 08:27:30 PM »

Except, I didn't see it on your Livebarn.  But way to unravel and completely embarrass yourself on here.  Again, enjoy the win and we'll see you in a couple months.

Unravel?  You mean like your rant about the JK and the officals?  I have nothing to be embarrassed about.  After all, all I did was post a score...

Lady Byng Guy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »

Unravel?  You mean like your rant about the JK and the officals?  I have nothing to be embarrassed about.  After all, all I did was post a score...

Lying about what you saw on Livebarn.  Namecalling with profanity.  Reaching for desperate, cliche burns.  Accusing kids and coaches you don't know of intended violence.  Failing to acknowledge facts about the game, and the officiating at TSC, which everyone else in SCAHA seems to know.  Yes, unravelling.  It's all there for everyone to see.  Unless you want to edit your posts and change your user name, which wouldn't be the worst idea right now.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2017, 08:48:31 AM »

Lying about what you saw on Livebarn.  Namecalling with profanity.  Reaching for desperate, cliche burns.  Accusing kids and coaches you don't know of intended violence.  Failing to acknowledge facts about the game, and the officiating at TSC, which everyone else in SCAHA seems to know.  Yes, unravelling.  It's all there for everyone to see.  Unless you want to edit your posts and change your user name, which wouldn't be the worst idea right now.

Still nothing, Byng.  You sound like you need counseling.  If you can't take losing one game, maybe the time is at hand to walk away.  To be honest, you didnt even lose, your child did.  That's character building that is necessary to learm at a young age.  Maybe you skipped that process?

Lady Byng Guy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2017, 09:59:12 AM »

Still nothing, Byng.  You sound like you need counseling.  If you can't take losing one game, maybe the time is at hand to walk away.  To be honest, you didnt even lose, your child did.  That's character building that is necessary to learm at a young age.  Maybe you skipped that process?

I'm out, Disco.  My 600 lb husband says I need to get off these boards with you and start paying attention to him.  Happy Holidays and good luck the rest of the way.

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2018, 01:01:18 PM »
Anyone have any score updates from this weekend?

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »
Gulls beat Kings (2) 6-4 on Saturday.  Great game to watch. Officials called a ton of offsides penalties, killing several odd-man breaks by JK2 and a couple by the Gulls, yet let numerous obvious tripping penalties go uncalled. The details from my piss-poor recollection: Gulls jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the first. 2nd Period was crazy... JK tied it up with 2 quick goals to start the period, then Gulls roar back with 3 straight. One more goal by each team left it a 6-3 gulls lead.  3rd period was all Gulls controlling the play and melting the clock. JK were able to pot one in, but that's all they could muster.

The JK defend well, and they pass the puck really well in their own end and in transition.  They also set up well in the offensive zone, and feed the slot and wings a lot for shots.  Our goalie did really well, with some sweet glove saves, and some crazy scrambles (would help if our kids would throw the puck to the corner instead of trying to throw it right up the middle of the slot to a waiting shooter from the other team, but whatever.  When the gulls began to pull away, JK seemed to pass less, and some of their better players started trying to dodge through 2-3 gulls instead of moving the puck to open teammates on offense. It mostly just led to them losing possession. Again, really good game by both teams and was a fun game to watch.

Gulls beat Ice Dogs 7-1 on Sunday. Was scared it might be a trap game after the big win on Saturday, but the kids took care of business. 

Gulls now alone at the top of the standings at 9-1-1.  We'll see how long that lasts!

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2018, 10:49:19 AM »
Gulls beat Kings (2) 6-4 on Saturday.  Great game to watch. Officials called a ton of offsides penalties, killing several odd-man breaks by JK2 and a couple by the Gulls, yet let numerous obvious tripping penalties go uncalled. The details from my piss-poor recollection: Gulls jumped out to an early 2-0 lead in the first. 2nd Period was crazy... JK tied it up with 2 quick goals to start the period, then Gulls roar back with 3 straight. One more goal by each team left it a 6-3 gulls lead.  3rd period was all Gulls controlling the play and melting the clock. JK were able to pot one in, but that's all they could muster.

The JK defend well, and they pass the puck really well in their own end and in transition.  They also set up well in the offensive zone, and feed the slot and wings a lot for shots.  Our goalie did really well, with some sweet glove saves, and some crazy scrambles (would help if our kids would throw the puck to the corner instead of trying to throw it right up the middle of the slot to a waiting shooter from the other team, but whatever.  When the gulls began to pull away, JK seemed to pass less, and some of their better players started trying to dodge through 2-3 gulls instead of moving the puck to open teammates on offense. It mostly just led to them losing possession. Again, really good game by both teams and was a fun game to watch.

Gulls beat Ice Dogs 7-1 on Sunday. Was scared it might be a trap game after the big win on Saturday, but the kids took care of business. 

Gulls now alone at the top of the standings at 9-1-1.  We'll see how long that lasts!

SD if you look at the schedule I think the Gulls should hold on to the top spot till the final game rematch with JD2.  If the Gulls take care of business up to the final game then JK2 can't catch them.  Then top spot would come down to JD2 vs Gulls on the last day.   Assuming the Flyers don't pick off the ducks again!

Anyone know the results of the JK2-JD3 and Empire-JD1 games?