This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2017-18  (Read 114694 times)

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
Re: Squirt A 2017-18
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
Keep it up Nuff...  That's what this board is for.  Lets wait for the pre-season to finish and then lets rank them up.

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »
SDhockeydad07 - i take SD doesn't stand for 'so dumb'.  are you claiming that you've upgraded at the net minder spot?  and a few 08's have improved your squad from a year ago??  You might as well take your kid back to House League with that 'happy how it turned out' attitude.  Better yet, play tee-ball or flag football, which will save you money and fit that passive mentality.  What you guys pay in California for hockey, you should expect to win every game.  Especially at the rate that JrDucks 1 coach seem to be charging families.

vrspartak - what are your credential to say "#1 team in Squirt A is Kings Gasseau by far.  They are the clear favorite based on what I saw at the Anaheim Early Bird Tournament"?  what information of that team do you know that makes them #1??  The Gulls left a goose egg on the score board against the same Empire team that your #1 spot failed to do.  Point differential was +8 for the Gulls where your Kings got by with a +5.  Number one I think not.

KNRFMLY - ALERT : SDhockeydad07 claims you have a dud in the net.  Your last post doesn't sound as positive as post tournament review, but understandable, 9-1 is far worst than 4-1.

Hackey11 - what's your hobby that you're on here reading what serious people do?  one of your top 2 teams just lost 4-2 last weekend.  "The both pad the puck" ???  seems like someone needs to return to grammar school.

No SD doesn't stand for "so dumb," but that pretty much describes you.  My kid is on the Gulls, not the Ducks dummy.  And unlike you, I would never single out a kid as being a dud. He was one of the better goalies in the league last season, now he plays for JD. We have a new goalie now, and I've only seen him play in a few games. So far so good.

And I have that 'happy with how it turned out' attitude because they are freakin' 9 and 10 year old kids playing a game, you maniac.

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 09:43:13 AM »

Hi, rip you a new one!  if you go back to 09-10-17 @ 1:30:55 pm, hackey dad from SD, in parentheses, pointed out (including the goalie) which one could take as being the weak link since they lost 4-1 in that tournament.  I may have read that wrong and he did not say they upgraded, but a win is a win no matter what sport you play.  My bad.

Mrs.Partak - so cause you stated what you "saw from the A.E.B.T" and what your "knowledge of their team" is, we're supposed to believe that their the clear favorite?  Here is what is CLEAR to me.  Jr Flyers would be the favorite going into Labor Day because they won SqBB.  A toss up now with Ducks 2-Tex and the Gulls because they've won and lost to each other.  The Ice Dogs handled Ducks 1-Kab.  Kings 2 have no record of playing on Labor Day, so ____________ (insert cricket sound here).  Get back at me 10-02 after they've played both Ducks 1 & 2. 

lcadad - maybe I'm wrong, but new generation of parents may not like my tone.  I may have to go back and find this Zamboni Driver you speak of and have a few laughs.  then again, it's just 10U hockey.

nuffsed, don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy a little smack talk. I just felt it was too close to calling out one particular kid when it's usually/always the parents who decide to jump programs.

I agree that, baring a scrimmage game, the Kings (2) don't have a true test until they play Ducks (2) on Oct 1st.   Looking at the schedule for this weekend, I don't see any games that will provide much clarity to the rankings.  Maybe if the Ice Dogs can put up a fight with Ducks (2) that will raise an eyebrow.  Also, I guess I'm interested in seeing how many the Flyers give up in their game.  Not surprised to see them get 12 on the board, but to also give up 7 last week is a bit of a red flag.

Is it just me, or does it drive you crazy that it takes some team managers 3+ days to upload the scores.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »
5lap5hot - thanks for the encouragement. 
it’s hard when SpontaneousDouche (Hockeydad07) can only muster up “that pretty much describes you” and “dummy”  really hard to work with that sort of dialogue.  He forgot that he “singled out” the goalie in parentheses, which saved me having to go compare rosters.  no mention of the other rink jumper.  I bet StopitDad (Hockeydad07) picked up the game late in life and now living the hockey dream through his 9/10 year old.  SorryDude (Hockeydad07), maybe if you were a maniac, you'd be better at hockey.  Good luck to your Gulls.  Sounds like some members have already crowned the Kings.     

give it a rip -  invite them lazy managers on CalHockey and they can read all the disgusting comments we have about’em.

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2017, 02:37:51 PM »
How'd everyone do this weekend? Flyers had an impressive showing-- beat Bears 10-2.

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »
How'd everyone do this weekend? Flyers had an impressive showing-- beat Bears 10-2.

That is impressive.  I know Mariners beat empire 7-2.

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 03:45:59 PM »
I know JD1-Kabanets beat JK-Macy.  Don't know the final score because they stopped updating after 7-0.  It was a shutout, but I don't know how many goals JD actually scored.  JD2 beat ID 5-2. 

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 04:48:51 PM »
JK2 beat the Heat, 8-1.

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2017, 08:37:26 PM »
Gulls beat JD-3 by a score of 8-1.

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 01:44:15 PM »
KNRFMLY  any update on the final score in the Ducks (1) vs Kings (1) game?  Did it finish 7-0 as reported by Hockeymomx?

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 10:02:14 PM »
d - maybe I'm wrong, but new generation of parents may not like my tone.  I may have to go back and find this Zamboni Driver you speak of and have a few laughs.  then again, it's just 10U hockey.

ZD was a legendary poster when my count was but in the single digits.  I believe he is still here, but at one point he had to leave the board over some beef with the ownership of everyone's favorite OC rink, KHS.  I believe he is still active here, but under another name.

KNRFMLY

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
KNRFMLY  any update on the final score in the Ducks (1) vs Kings (1) game?  Did it finish 7-0 as reported by Hockeymomx?

They stopped updating the score at 7-0, but actually should be reported as 9-0 JD1 over JK1.

On the topic of standings, why does it take SCAHA so long to post games results. We live scored the games in Colorado over Sports Engine. Wouldn't be hard to do.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:55:30 PM by KNRFMLY »

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
It's basically the job of the managers to do the input of the scoresheet.  The home team manager is responsible for entry of the timesheet into the scaha system, along with upload of a copy.  They have a time window within which they are supposed to make it happen, which gives them until 10pm the following Monday night before it's late. 

WTF

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-12
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2017, 01:47:49 PM »

They stopped updating the score at 7-0, but actually should be reported as 9-0 JD1 over JK1.

On the topic of standings, why does it take SCAHA so long to post games results. We live scored the games in Colorado over Sports Engine. Wouldn't be hard to do.

From what I have heard too many rinks didn't want to pay to retrofit with a single source for online game data reporting.  Too many use different providers and as a result we have a manual approach.

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
It's basically the job of the managers to do the input of the scoresheet.  The home team manager is responsible for entry of the timesheet into the scaha system, along with upload of a copy.  They have a time window within which they are supposed to make it happen, which gives them until 10pm the following Monday night before it's late. 

I think there is also a threat of a $50 fine per late score sheet, but I don't know if it is ever enforced.

This week should be interesting with both the Kings (2) and Flyers getting their first true tests.