This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2017-18  (Read 115649 times)

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
Re: Squirt A 2017-18
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »
Not sure Ducks (1) will be a test for Kings (2) but Gulls/Flyers game should be interesting.

KNRFMLY

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »
Not sure Ducks (1) will be a test for Kings (2) but Gulls/Flyers game should be interesting.

I hate to admit that it depends on which Jr. Ducks 1 team shows up. Hoping for a strong showing from our guys, but not looking forward to the 7 am start time.

KNRFMLY

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »

I hate to admit that it depends on which Jr. Ducks 1 team shows up. Hoping for a strong showing from our guys, but not looking forward to the 7 am start time.

UPDATE: Jr Ducks 1 fell to Jr Kings 1 2-7.  2nd period was the killer as Jr Kids nag scored 4 unanswered goals. They were sharp on offense with their passing.

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »
Jr Gulls and Jr Flyers play to a 3-3 tie.

Gulls dominated the 1st and were up 2-0 at the end. Could have been more, but kids kept missing the net with shots. Not sure if Valencia got a shot on net in the first or not, but definitely no quality scoring chances.  2nd period was Gulls controlling play again at first, but Flyers roar back with 3 goals in like 5 minutes or so and dominated the rest of the period. End 2nd with Flyers up 3-2. The 3rd period was hard fought with good plays on both sides.  Gulls chip in one to tie it up and the game ends knotted 3-3.

I thought Gulls were the more physical team, and since there were only 2 linesmen for the game (where the hell was the 3rd ref?), a LOT of obvious penalties went uncalled, mostly committed by Gulls.  In fact I think there was only 1 called all game, and it was a dubious tripping call against the Flyers.

Overall, I thought Flyers were more Run n Gun and created numerous odd-man rushes for themselves, but also gave a lot up.  If the Gulls could put their shots on net, it could have been a big Gulls win.  On the flip side, if the Flyers could have converted more of their rushes, it could have been a big win by the Flyers.  Fun game to watch.

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »
4-4 tie, heat vs mariners...sloppy game all around. 

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
SDhockeydad07 - i take SD doesn't stand for 'so dumb'.  are you claiming that you've upgraded at the net minder spot?  and a few 08's have improved your squad from a year ago??  You might as well take your kid back to House League with that 'happy how it turned out' attitude.  Better yet, play tee-ball or flag football, which will save you money and fit that passive mentality.  What you guys pay in California for hockey, you should expect to win every game.  Especially at the rate that JrDucks 1 coach seem to be charging families.

vrspartak - what are your credential to say "#1 team in Squirt A is Kings Gasseau by far.  They are the clear favorite based on what I saw at the Anaheim Early Bird Tournament"?  what information of that team do you know that makes them #1??  The Gulls left a goose egg on the score board against the same Empire team that your #1 spot failed to do.  Point differential was +8 for the Gulls where your Kings got by with a +5.  Number one I think not.

Already stated where I got my opinion from.  If it makes you feel better, I have the Gulls at #2...but any given Sunday.  Just my observations.

Looks like Kings (2) did play over Labor Day Weekend and didn't fair too well against the Jr Sharks.  Lost 3 games.  Hope they are not the best we have in SCAHA.

https://stats.caha.timetoscore.com/display-schedule?team=58&season=20&league=3&stat_class=1

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »
SDhockeydad07 - i take SD doesn't stand for 'so dumb'.  are you claiming that you've upgraded at the net minder spot?  and a few 08's have improved your squad from a year ago??  You might as well take your kid back to House League with that 'happy how it turned out' attitude.  Better yet, play tee-ball or flag football, which will save you money and fit that passive mentality.  What you guys pay in California for hockey, you should expect to win every game.  Especially at the rate that JrDucks 1 coach seem to be charging families.

vrspartak - what are your credential to say "#1 team in Squirt A is Kings Gasseau by far.  They are the clear favorite based on what I saw at the Anaheim Early Bird Tournament"?  what information of that team do you know that makes them #1??  The Gulls left a goose egg on the score board against the same Empire team that your #1 spot failed to do.  Point differential was +8 for the Gulls where your Kings got by with a +5.  Number one I think not.

Already stated where I got my opinion from.  If it makes you feel better, I have the Gulls at #2...but any given Sunday.  Just my observations.

Looks like Kings (2) did play over Labor Day Weekend and didn't fair too well against the Jr Sharks.  Lost 3 games.  Hope they are not the best we have in SCAHA.

https://stats.caha.timetoscore.com/display-schedule?team=58&season=20&league=3&stat_class=1

Looks like that is the Sharks team that won the State Championship in SQBB last year.  So I guess you would expect them to beat a Kings team that is mostly the same as the one that missed the playoffs in SQBB last year.  (But it is also the same Sharks team that got smoked by the field of top 07's in last years NHL youth cup)

From what I've seen of the past couple Kings (2) games, there is not clear separation from Ducks (2), Gulls and Flyers.  It will be interesting to see how it goes this weekend between the Ducks and Kings.  I have a feeling the Ducks will take it.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2017, 03:03:14 PM »
The Squirt A Kings destroyed that Sharks team last season during the NHL Youth Cup.  In fact, SJ was pinned in their end the entire game.  They (Sharks) are probably the best team in SQA in CA this season.  That said, after the initial loss, the Kings had opportunities to put them away and didn't.  From what I saw, one game was clearly theirs and the other two were toss-ups.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 08:33:35 PM »
You guys seriously comparing last year's SqA team to the SqA team of '17-'18?  Like Janet Jackson said, 'what have you done for me lately?'

Give (me a break) it a rip - YES, i 'would expect them to beat a Kings team that is mostly the same as the one that missed the playoffs in SQBB last year.' OCHockeyDad07 provided proof that it happened... not once, not twice three times.  Sometimes, I wonder what YouTube channel some of you learn to assess talent.  You're correct though, 'there is not clear separation' among the top teams.

They scrimmaged mariners twice, and smashed them. Plus, that entire team essentially returned from last year, and even got better because they got some 07s too.  Just my assessment, and I don't think I'll be proven wrong this season.

Señor VRSPARTAK has lost all credibility on CalHockey, well with me at least.  Either you're watching the same YouTube channel as Give it a Hoot or like another member calls it 'drinking the KOOL AID'  Obviously your #2 isn't cutting it either.  Maybe it's too soon, I'll wait to hear back from this weekends games and get back to you if your Kings are as good as you say.

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2017, 06:02:35 AM »
You guys seriously comparing last year's SqA team to the SqA team of '17-'18?  Like Janet Jackson said, 'what have you done for me lately?'

Give (me a break) it a rip - YES, i 'would expect them to beat a Kings team that is mostly the same as the one that missed the playoffs in SQBB last year.' OCHockeyDad07 provided proof that it happened... not once, not twice three times.  Sometimes, I wonder what YouTube channel some of you learn to assess talent.  You're correct though, 'there is not clear separation' among the top teams.

They scrimmaged mariners twice, and smashed them. Plus, that entire team essentially returned from last year, and even got better because they got some 07s too.  Just my assessment, and I don't think I'll be proven wrong this season.

Señor VRSPARTAK has lost all credibility on CalHockey, well with me at least.  Either you're watching the same YouTube channel as Give it a Hoot or like another member calls it 'drinking the KOOL AID'  Obviously your #2 isn't cutting it either.  Maybe it's too soon, I'll wait to hear back from this weekends games and get back to you if your Kings are as good as you say.

Umm, ok.  Still think Kings2, Gulls, Flyers, Ducks-Tex.  are the top 4 in Squirt A.....don't know too many that would disagree these are the top 4.  But feel free to disagree...never said they were the best in the state either.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:57:44 PM by vrspartak »

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »

Don't forget Nuff, playing together for multiple years has a profound effect on kids this age.  Kings SQA crushed them last year after playing together since Mite Track 1.  I can only assume the 07 Sharks formed later and have since gelled as a team based upon their performance.  This year's Kings 2 are an amalgamation of 07 and 08s.  Most of these kids have never played together and should be thought of as underdogs against any team that has been together for multiple seasons.  That said, I know Kings 2 has a lot of talent.  If they come together, as was shown in the scores getting closer (one goal games), Kings 2 over the course of the season could easily beat a team like that.  I don't know anything about Tex Ducks, Kabanets Ducks, Valencia, or anyone else in the conversation, but based on sheer talent of the kids in SCAHA, the Sharks are easily beatable by team hockey.

KNRFMLY

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2017, 09:39:51 AM »
Ducks 1 Kabanets beat Mariners 9-3 yesterday.

Hockeydad30

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »
Flyers 11-3 over Ice dogs. 

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2017, 07:55:47 PM »
It's so quiet in here the last few days.  Rumor has it the regular season schedule will be released this weekend. 

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 09:18:44 AM »
Anybody have some colour commentary from the Kings2-Ducks2 game?