This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2017-18  (Read 112664 times)

KNRFMLY

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
Re: Squirt A 2017-18
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 07:17:01 AM »
It's so quiet in here the last few days.  Rumor has it the regular season schedule will be released this weekend.

The AA regular season schedules are now posted. I am betting ours get posted later today.

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
The AA regular season schedule has been posted the entire preseason.  They never had a preseason schedule; they only have a SCAHA regular season schedule.  I expected the schedule to be online already as I heard SCAHA had released the schedule for the first 4 regular season games to the clubs already; still nothing though.

Anyone have any score updates?

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »
Ducks 2 beat Mariners 7-2.

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2017, 11:44:55 PM »
First 4 weeks of regular season are posted.

Looks like the Wave might have moved up?  Doesn't look like anyone dropped to BB.

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2017, 05:52:03 AM »
Maybe, but they still show up on the BB schedule as having games scheduled for the regular season.  It also seems they have no games scheduled in A during the regular season.   

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2017, 09:43:40 AM »
I assume that the SCAHA website is just pulling the team standings from the declarations list.  The Wave had declared a SQA team, but I guess were not able to form one (same for the mariners BB team)??

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 05:08:26 PM »
We're just 3 days from the start of our Squirt A season and no smack talk or predictions for the weekend. What is wrong with this group? :-)

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 06:01:58 PM »
It's been very quiet since that JD2 vs JK2 game. I haven't seen enough of the teams to make educated predictions, so I'll just throw out some guesses:

JD1 over Bears
JD3 over Empire
Flyers over Mariners
JD2 over Heat
Ice Dogs over JK1
Jk2 vs Gulls-I think this is the game of the weekend.  I'm picking the Gulls even though I should probably take JK2.

Gary Sargent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:11 PM »

I was surprised at how close the Ice Dog / Gulls game was last weekend.  Based on preseason standings going in I thought the Gulls would have walked through.

Just goes to show you never know.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:17:41 PM by Gary Sargent »

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 11:02:10 PM »
Welcome Sargent Gary! way to pop that cherry with your reaction to the last preseason games.  Not sure if I should pull a CamNewton and laugh that a female has posted her predictions, but I like it.  She seems to know what she's talking about.  Only difference, I'd take the Jr Kings over the wild parents from San Diego.  Somebody should remind them it's 10 year old hockey.  Their outbursts and whining might have affect that score last week. **I'm told** SDHockeyDad07, were you part of the heckling going on last week? is that what your YouTube channel taught you how to behave at your kid's games?

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2017, 05:42:18 PM »
Welcome Sargent Gary! way to pop that cherry with your reaction to the last preseason games.  Not sure if I should pull a CamNewton and laugh that a female has posted her predictions, but I like it.  She seems to know what she's talking about.  Only difference, I'd take the Jr Kings over the wild parents from San Diego.  Somebody should remind them it's 10 year old hockey.  Their outbursts and whining might have affect that score last week. **I'm told** SDHockeyDad07, were you part of the heckling going on last week? is that what your YouTube channel taught you how to behave at your kid's games?

Way to go nuffsed; now Oikos Greek Yogurt will drop you for laughing at a female posting predictions on CalHockey!  I hope you enjoy having to endorse Activia now. Sadly, I might be the only one who takes the time to post.  This thread was so promising in the beginning with vrspartak proclaiming the road to the SCAHA championship goes through TSC, and now crickets. 

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »

I was *told* the refs were some of the worst we’ve had in a while, and the game was really chippy and dirty... I’m proud of the way our kids stuck up for their teammates. I wasn’t too impressed with the sportsmanship of the ice dogs. But if you’re one of the parents there, it’s not that surprising.

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »
Any scores to report?  All I know is JD2 5-Heat 1. 

Hockeycamper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2017, 02:05:41 PM »
Flyers 8-2 over Mariners

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »

I was *told* the refs were some of the worst we’ve had in a while, and the game was really chippy and dirty... I’m proud of the way our kids stuck up for their teammates. I wasn’t too impressed with the sportsmanship of the ice dogs. But if you’re one of the parents there, it’s not that surprising.

Ha! Not sure what 'stuck up for their teammates' you're talking about, but I was referring to the mummies and daddies who were screaming about the NO calls.  You're right, what matters is on the ice.  Sounds like the Ice Dogs were too physical.  Good to know. Sour'HockeyDad07's team don't like the rough play when its the other team. Looking forward from the vrspartak, who had been silent, to report today's whining.  I mean, winning.