This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Poll

What do you see as the best Mite playing situation?

Crossice
7 (36.8%)
Half ice
9 (47.4%)
Full ice
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Mite B 2017-2018 SCAHA  (Read 19064 times)

TopCorns88

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
Re: Mite B 2017-2018 SCAHA
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 09:53:50 PM »
Glad to finally have a schedule for the remainder of the season. 
Now that we are halfway through any thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns?
Interested to hear what others have to say about rinks, conditions, teams,etc.
Looks like they stuck with the North/South divisions.

On another note, it appears that  half ice was voted on by the board and will go into effect next season at the Mite B level. I think it’s a great move, it seems they are moving toward that third “C” tier that would remain crossice. 

Tournaments... Where are your teams playing?

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 07:40:28 AM »
Our team is pretty happy with our schedule. We had played most of the lower tier teams in the South division a couple times and the full schedule has us seeing some of the better teams like the LA Lions, Lady Ducks(1), Jr Gulls, Jr Ducks, OCHC and Jr Kings.

Our travel isn't too bad either, can't complain.

I have heard that the Mite C is happening and will stay cross-ice. I'm hoping they make it more a Mini Mite and limit it to 6U but I heard they won't do that.

My son's team is moving up to A next season so doesn't effect us much but making the Jamborees more completive for all the teams seems like the best model for player development.

I would also like to see Mite A move to larger nets halfway through the year. Need to get the goalies ready for the move to Squirt.

Our team is headed out to Valencia for Thanksgiving and Las Vegas for Presidents Day. How about you?

TopCorns88

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »
Heading up to Mammoth for the Calder Winter Classic between Christmas & New Years.  Presidents’ Day will see us in San Diego for the California Winter Games. We are also doing the Memorial Day Carmen Starr in LA.

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 10:06:32 AM »
Calder Classic didn't have a Mite B division when we checked with them so we did Thanksgiving instead. Then like 3 days after I paid for our Thanksgiving Tournament they called me and asked if we were interested in the Calder Classic since they were getting interest for a B division. Pretty bummed the team can't go but my son is actually participating in the A tournament with our A team that was short a player.

Can't wait for that one! We are with Empire, what club are you with?