This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Modry and U15 JK  (Read 12590 times)

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
Modry and U15 JK
« on: September 15, 2017, 01:30:59 AM »
Wonder what it means for the JK u15 team now that Modry has been signed as Assistant Coach for the Ontario Reign?

RW

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-2
Re: Modry and U15 JK
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »
I know nothing of the JK U15 team but that is terrible news for the Reign.  Modry may have been the softest player to ever don a Kings jersey.  He was booed and chirped constantly by Kings fans his last couple seasons with the team. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 09:45:38 AM »
I'll need to PM him to see if he can collect my $$

coachbombay

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 10:36:09 AM »
I know nothing of the JK U15 team but that is terrible news for the Reign.  Modry may have been the softest player to ever don a Kings jersey.  He was booed and chirped constantly by Kings fans his last couple seasons with the team.

I have to disagree. I remember him as being one of my favorite players when he was with the kings. I just looked up his stats and his last two years with the kings, he tore it up. He was 4th in scoring over all as a defenseman and went to the all star game in 02'.

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »

I have to disagree. I remember him as being one of my favorite players when he was with the kings. I just looked up his stats and his last two years with the kings, he tore it up. He was 4th in scoring over all as a defenseman and went to the all star game in 02'.

I liked Mdory but his D game was lacking. He made it to the All-Star game because it was in LA and he and Ziggy represented LA. I highly doubt he would've made it otherwise.

Dude is a great guy though. Glad he is progressing in his coaching career.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:31:10 PM »
He was a queen...so I hate him already.... 😉

coachbombay

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »
Quack or Queen? Hmmmm

RW

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-2
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 02:55:11 PM »
I've heard he is a great guy also....but he was charmin soft as a player.  People used to yell "hit him with your purse, Modry" from the stands.  It was hilarious.  That All Start selection was comical and as described above, was a gift due to the fact the Kings were hosting and they were so bad that year that they had nobody else to represent. 

I do wish him well though.  At least he wasn't a Duck.

islandhockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-4
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »
He was a queen...so I hate him already.... 😉

A King with 2 cups is better than a Quack with just 1...

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »
Apparently... the way you all are describing his playing ability... Ducks wouldn't have wanted him anyway

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »
Nice comments about a guy who is a decent coach.  But what about his team??

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 04:28:05 PM »
Just good natured ribbing between rival fans

DroptheGloves

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-27
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »
Pretty amazing how you all are ripping a former NHL'er when half of you parent's cannot even skate!   What a joke you people are.  This guy has years and years of experience he has now chosen to instill in children and you clowns rip him!  He played in the NHL people!!! This forum sure has gone in the toilet right next to SCAHA/CAHA

coachbombay

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
not everybody. I said he was my favorite player when he was with the kings. Check that, second after Ziggy.

islandhockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-4
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »
Pretty amazing how you all are ripping a former NHL'er when half of you parent's cannot even skate!   What a joke you people are.  This guy has years and years of experience he has now chosen to instill in children and you clowns rip him!  He played in the NHL people!!! This forum sure has gone in the toilet right next to SCAHA/CAHA

Just a few haters being what they are.  Didn't Modry coach the 15UAAA team to the state championship last season? Something that has been a rarity for those JKs with the JDs regularly taking the top spot.  I think they also were Pacific Division finalists under his coaching. Everyone I spoke to on that team had very good things to say about him.  I wish him great success in this endeavor.  Hard to imagine that he could stick around for the JK though...their loss and the big club's gain.