This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Team Moving Down  (Read 5588 times)

JustinTime

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-6
Team Moving Down
« on: September 23, 2017, 08:53:34 AM »
After our horrible preseason our coach is looking at moving our team down a division.  Not debating whether that is the right move for our team, but have a question.

Since signing back in June, we have moved due to a job relocation.  We were going to honor our commitment to the team and just make the long drive for the season.  However, if we are moved down we will have to resign -- which gives us the opportunity to not resign and leave the team.  My question is, if we are still under contract with our club, can we have those conversations with other coaches prior to our contract being voided? I worry about not resigning and then not being able to find my son another spot on a club closer to home.

Anyone know? 

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
Re: Team Moving Down
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »
Just ask for a release.

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »

Have your kid skate with the team u r looking at. Contract prevents u from attending try outs or playing a game for another team. U can skate anywhere u want as it is like stick time etc. Contract is voided as soon as the team drops so u r off the hook unless u specificially resign which u dont seem to be inclined to. We've dropped before so u r definitely off the off the hook as Club can not bind you to an loi and agreement which is voided. In most other cases club release can be worse than a divorce. Good luck.

quote author=JustinTime link=topic=3691.msg43988#msg43988 date=1506182014]
After our horrible preseason our coach is looking at moving our team down a division.  Not debating whether that is the right move for our team, but have a question.

Since signing back in June, we have moved due to a job relocation.  We were going to honor our commitment to the team and just make the long drive for the season.  However, if we are moved down we will have to resign -- which gives us the opportunity to not resign and leave the team.  My question is, if we are still under contract with our club, can we have those conversations with other coaches prior to our contract being voided? I worry about not resigning and then not being able to find my son another spot on a club closer to home.

Anyone know?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »

Anyone know?

Isn't your son pee wee aged?