This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: My Hockey rankings  (Read 13285 times)

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
My Hockey rankings
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:29:36 AM »
Early high ranking TIER II teams include the Bears at #1 and OC right behind them.  Congratulations.

Must be an oversight but the Bears have not listed their tie and loss to all 04 teams.

I'm sure those will be added at he next update since they have included scrimmages in their game results

Another Blown Call

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-3
My Hockey rankings
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:14:47 AM »
Well deserved for both teams.

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
Re: My Hockey rankings
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:03:42 AM »
Was the loss to Ducks 04 an actual scrimmage or just a loose practice game?  Somebody mentioned that they worked on special teams in the latter part of the ice slot.

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
I saw part of it in YouTube.   It was 3 periods with fill ins for refs which called penalties. 

If it was a win I'm sure it would have been listed in their record

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
;D ;D ;D :o Ouch!!

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 10:38:08 AM »

[size=78%]I don't think anyone would disagree that Bears are a pretty good team. Rankings, however, are based on teams that have supplied the info and which games/scrimmages are included. Here are some examples or how incomplete information is on rankings as the season has barely begun.[/size]

14U 03 Tier 2 division, no GSE 1 o2 2, no Blakchawks, no Sharks on the list. Ducks #9, Kings that many on the forum believe is not even flight 1 (which I disagree with) is listed at #16, Empire is is listed #24.

14U AAA 03 Tier 1 division, they have Ducks listed at 41. LA Kings 03, a very good team, is not ranked at all.

Rankings will change as we hit mid Nov and I don't see OC1 being in top 20. Bears might be top #10 may be top#20.

Early high ranking TIER II teams include the Bears at #1 and OC right behind them.  Congratulations.

Must be an oversight but the Bears have not listed their tie and loss to all 04 teams.

I'm sure those will be added at he next update since they have included scrimmages in their game results

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
Call me cynical but last season several teams were ranked ahead of ours on "My Hockey Rankings" even though they couldn't actually beat our team, and it wasn't because they were beating teams that were beating us either.  The algorithm seems to be pretty easy to "game" if you have the time and patience to work it.  (None of which is a criticism of the Bears, which is a good team no matter how they are ranked.)

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »
Hockey seasons haven't even started in Minnesota and other places, so how does any of this matter? Screenshot the rankings for prosperity, if they make you happy, but they will change.

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 12:33:21 PM »
Posterity, not prosperity. Merde.

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 12:48:40 PM »
where can this info be found?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:38:28 PM by WCHP »

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 01:05:03 PM »
where can this info be found?

Myhockeyrankings.com

NorcalDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 02:25:22 PM »
Call me cynical but last season several teams were ranked ahead of ours on "My Hockey Rankings" even though they couldn't actually beat our team, and it wasn't because they were beating teams that were beating us either.  The algorithm seems to be pretty easy to "game" if you have the time and patience to work it.  (None of which is a criticism of the Bears, which is a good team no matter how they are ranked.)

From their FAQ:

MYHockey 's ratings are computed mathematically, with no subjective weighting or human determined values. MYHockey rates teams based upon how well they play against other teams and how good those teams are. These two factors are "AGD" or "average goal differential" and "SCHED" or "strength of schedule". AGD is currently calculated by accumulating the goal differential of each game, to a maximum of 7, and divides it by the number of games played. Using a max game goal differential of 7 does "penalize" teams that blow out opponents, but this is common in rating systems as it takes away the incentive for teams to run up scores and allows them to have a bad game by capping the mathematical damage. The strength of schedule is computed by averaging the rating of each game opponent. AGD and SCHED are added together to compute a team's rating.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »
Unless your team is logging all your games this is off.

Most teams won't even log all their losses.

PutYourFootOnTheGas

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-18
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 02:42:34 PM »
I saw part of it in YouTube.   It was 3 periods with fill ins for refs which called penalties. 

Laughing out loud! Mcp04 seems to have nailed the Bears situation. No one is arguing they are not a fantastic bantam team but they are clearly "gaming" myhockeyrankings. Where is the loss to GSE 2 during the jamboree?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 03:03:38 PM »

Laughing out loud! Mcp04 seems to have nailed the Bears situation. No one is arguing they are not a fantastic bantam team but they are clearly "gaming" myhockeyrankings. Where is the loss to GSE 2 during the jamboree?

This