This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: My Hockey rankings  (Read 13314 times)

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
Re: My Hockey rankings
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
If I were the Bears coaches and parents why bother looking at the rankings? Meaningless. They have nationals this year. Proof will be in the pudding. They could be ranked 50  or 100 in the country but if you qualify you have a shot at an actual national championship instead of this ego inflating ranking that means nothing.

Rainman

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-4
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 09:13:00 PM »
Just an fyi why some games aren't counted in myhockeyrankings.com:

Game Rules:       
  • Rosters - Must contain USA/Canadian rostered fall/winter teams.  While roster changes specifically for a             tournament are highly discouraged, MYHockey cannot monitor this activity.  In cases where teams are clearly             altering their level of play by adding players (three (3) or more players added for an event), games may not be added             or may be applied to a separate "Tournament Team".         
  • Referees - The game is referreed by non-team affiliated people who are certified to referee hockey games.         
  • Game Play - No coaches on the ice, no extra timeouts for teaching, no pre-planned powerplay, penalty kill, 4v4, etc.             In general, it must look like a real game to any casual observer.         
  • Time - Games must have at least 30 minutes of stop time or 40 minutes of running time.  All minutes played are counted.  Games where stop time              is used for 50% or more for game time are classified as stop time all minutes count.  Games where less than 50% of the clock time was governed by stop              time are considered running time games.  Curfewed games are OK if the time minimums are met.  All tournament games, even some midget games that are as short as 30 minutes, are valid.             Any game terminated early based upon tournament rules (i.e. 6 goal rule) that dictate a game end early when the score reaches a certain point, is acceptable.         
  • Forfeits - Forfeited games do not reflect the ability of the teams on the ice and are thus should not be entered unless they are noted to be forfeits.

Rub One Out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +42/-2
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 08:47:04 AM »
Thanks Rainman, good info.  Looks like the Bears don't have any of their jamboree games posted.  OC1 is listed as 2nd place.  They aren't showing their scrimmage against Empire last Saturday.  Either way, like people have previously posted, the rankings don't mean much unless they're trying to grab the attention of some scouts.  Best indication will be State and National tournament results.