This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Ducks 1 scouting report  (Read 14334 times)

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
Ducks 1 scouting report
« on: October 18, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
I was wondering if anyone might have  some insight to the play of Ducks 1?  Thank you

islandhockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-4
Re: Ducks 1 scouting report
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:24:43 PM »

4 check

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-40
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »
I was wondering if anyone might have  some insight to the play of Ducks 1?  Thank you

Going 3-1 in a AAA weekend, I would say they are going to be good locally.

Pulsarhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +13/-1
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:36:08 AM »
So far, job well done by the JD 16UAAA club!  So far, they are the cream of the nation!  Great job by Coach Kim and Johnson! They are ploughing through both Tier I and CAHA like a hot knife through butter!

doncherrysucks

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-15
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 02:20:17 PM »
So far, job well done by the JD 16UAAA club!  So far, they are the cream of the nation!  Great job by Coach Kim and Johnson! They are ploughing through both Tier I and CAHA like a hot knife through butter!
You mean the same Coach Johnson who submitted a hearing request against a Jr King for a game he was not there for, because his precious little boy was knocked over?    Must be nice to have an NHL parent in this league, since that clearly gives your VIP treatment.    Just look at the SCAHA Pre-Selects camp and how political that is for both main teams.   Players with a lot more skill are passed over just to have a familiar name plate... Glad I don’t have to deal with that BS.   

HockeyPop2297

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-6
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 07:16:43 PM »
So apparently you feel a 16u drafted 3rd overall in USHL draft isn't worthy of moving on beyond SCAHA Pre-Select camp because there are better players that weren't selected?

Falcons Hockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 03:09:53 PM »
So apparently you feel a 16u drafted 3rd overall in USHL draft isn't worthy of moving on beyond SCAHA Pre-Select camp because there are better players that weren't selected?

SCAHA camp is a farce.  Total politics.  There are kids that make it who are crap and there are kids who never make it but are now in Jr's or beyond.

Do not be discouraged if your player isn't "picked."

It's all political BS
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:10:33 PM by Falcons Hockey »

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »

SCAHA camp is a farce.  Total politics.  There are kids that make it who are crap and there are kids who never make it but are now in Jr's or beyond.

Do not be discouraged if your player isn't "picked."

It's all political BS

Yep. +1

CEO

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-14
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »
Why is it always "political bs" to the the parents of the kids who don't make it?  The process is what it is.  If you don't like it don't sign up.

Pulsarhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +13/-1
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 07:59:13 AM »
it is because you always "hope" for fairness and that your kid will be given a "fair" shot, only to see a "few" kids that have no business "making it", or even playing Tier I for that matter....

4 check

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-40
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 11:07:58 AM »
Why is it always "political bs" to the the parents of the kids who don't make it?  The process is what it is.  If you don't like it don't sign up.

For 15+ years it has been BS, if they put the kids out there with #s  only on their jerseys and get some high level scouts to pick the best group, that would change the outcome and would be unbiased. Everyone, including those parents who have had their kids move on know that the process is flawed, yes they get a lot right, but there are some handshakes and winks for others.

Face Wash

• Midget
  • LR Justice +16/-91
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 10:30:10 AM »
16AA Update

Wave1 beats Ducks1 in a shootout to win the Frozen Fairgrounds tournament in Del Mar, CA.  This was a very intense game, could have gone either way, these two teams are very equal but play a totally different style.  Wave is a big physical team and the Ducks are more of finesse speed team.  Playoffs should be great this year! 

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »

Looks Like the JD1 got the revenge twice at Best of the West in Vegas....

16AA Update

Wave1 beats Ducks1 in a shootout to win the Frozen Fairgrounds tournament in Del Mar, CA.  This was a very intense game, could have gone either way, these two teams are very equal but play a totally different style.  Wave is a big physical team and the Ducks are more of finesse speed team.  Playoffs should be great this year!

Falcons Hockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »

For 15+ years it has been BS, if they put the kids out there with #s  only on their jerseys and get some high level scouts to pick the best group, that would change the outcome and would be unbiased. Everyone, including those parents who have had their kids move on know that the process is flawed, yes they get a lot right, but there are some handshakes and winks for others.

Agree 100%

Falcons Hockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »

It's political BS.   Every evaluator has favourite kids.  There is no un-biased opinion.   If kids make it based on skating that day only then the results would be very different.

I've seen kids who had broken bones not on the ice make it.  I've seen kids at school in Minnesota make it.