This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: AAA  (Read 5801 times)

HockeyPop2297

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-6
AAA
« on: October 25, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »
Heard that Ducks 03AAA defeated the Kings 03 Superteam last weekend 2-1 in shootout win. Know it's been a few years since that Kings team was beaten by a CA 03 team. Am sure there was some tension at that game!

Shut Your 5-Hole

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-6
Re: AAA
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 01:17:57 PM »
I heard it was a nail biter to the end and both teams looked equally strong. Last game they played I hear the same happened but the Kings pulled it out in the last few minutes in the 3rd to take the win by only 1. Good to see that there is some healthy competition in the AAA brackets this season.

As far as the tension, I hear a lot of the parents from both teams are close and Kings are known for taking Ducks players and plenty of former Kings players are playing on the Ducks. So they are all intertwined in some way... 

HockeyPop2297

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-6
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 07:06:36 PM »
Don't know if it's a love-fest? Apparently Kings try to take Ducks better players and then Ducks take Kings rejects? Of course, same thing happens in reverse in 16u group so guess turn-a-bout is fair play. Kings 03 are 9th in hockey rankings which is lowest they've been in a few years. Ducks are 37th. Sharks around 46, Gulls in 98th. Think Gulls lost some of their top players to Ducks and some of Kings top players left to prep school. At AAA level, teams have to travel east to compete against stronger teams... the true meaning of PAY TO PLAY!

Quadruple A

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »
Kings vs Sharks last weekend saw Kings win all 3 - 5-4, 4-2, and 3-2.  At least goals are getting scored on them...