This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Dryland training facility  (Read 8738 times)

hockeydad47

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
Dryland training facility
« on: October 30, 2017, 01:58:51 PM »
Would a facility that has a synthetic skatable surface for shooting and stick handling, be in demand in close proximity to OC and Riverside border? Would there be enough interest where people would pay a monthly membership to have access to such facility? What if coaches had access in order to also provide shooting lessons, would that create more interest?

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
Re: Dryland training facility
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 02:04:13 PM »
KHS has one and they are shutting it down. One in Ontario has also recently shut down.

hockeydad47

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 02:48:47 PM »
Are these facilities shutting down because of cost causing lack of use? I have been to KHS and what they charge for coaches to use the equipment is kind of outrageous. Would a reasonably price monthly membership create a more sought after facility?

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »
Are these facilities shutting down because of cost causing lack of use? I have been to KHS and what they charge for coaches to use the equipment is kind of outrageous. Would a reasonably price monthly membership create a more sought after facility?

Synthetic is problematic.  Tough on skates, makes flakes and dust.  It does not feel like ice.  It is also crazy expensive for the good stuff.  I think roller hockey is a better training option.

4 check

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-40
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 05:47:33 PM »

Many people have tried it back to Laguna Hockey Academy, insurance is the killer

Blasko

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 07:35:21 AM »
That's a shame, but I'm not surprised. Hopefully they come up with technology that's going to be cheaper and better.