This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PWAAA  (Read 91029 times)

hopelesshockeyparent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +27/-15
Re: PWAAA
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2018, 08:40:45 PM »
Hey Kangaroo,

Nice to see you digging a nice deep hole for yourself....I see that you guys found another nice SOFTY tournament to play in.....some of the teams that didn’t make Buffalo will be ther with you....Perhaps after this tournament you could go back to Milwaukee And play in the Girl Scout Mini Mite Jamboree....

Yeah we lost to the  best 06 team in North America. Their Record is 43-1-2.....we lost 2-4 same as JRC. JRC beat TI.....All three teams we have played and YOU have NEVER played.....that’s right Never!

You will have another year where we are the ONLY top 5 team you face....or as your Mantra “Just Wait Till Next Year”

I don’t remember anyone saying gee I wish the No 10 ranked US team was here. At the North American Championships.

Enjoy Toronto.....perhaps the Sylvania North Stars can come battle with you again.

Enjoy the softness......we rather the challenge.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 09:16:12 AM »
Hey Kangaroo,

Nice to see you digging a nice deep hole for yourself....I see that you guys found another nice SOFTY tournament to play in.....some of the teams that didn’t make Buffalo will be ther with you....Perhaps after this tournament you could go back to Milwaukee And play in the Girl Scout Mini Mite Jamboree....

Yeah we lost to the  best 06 team in North America. Their Record is 43-1-2.....we lost 2-4 same as JRC. JRC beat TI.....All three teams we have played and YOU have NEVER played.....that’s right Never!

You will have another year where we are the ONLY top 5 team you face....or as your Mantra “Just Wait Till Next Year”

I don’t remember anyone saying gee I wish the No 10 ranked US team was here. At the North American Championships.

Enjoy Toronto.....perhaps the Sylvania North Stars can come battle with you again.

Enjoy the softness......we rather the challenge.

BOOM !!

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »

Emergency Alert
BALLISTIC MISSILE INBOUND FROM HOBO VILLAGE. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

HAHAHA!!! Look who made a funny! I genuinely laughed at a couple of your insults! Kudos!

However... I’ll have you know, the Girl Scouts take their Mini Mite Jamborees VERY seriously. It was both an honor and a privilege to crush those BB Super Elite teams back into their mommy’s loving embrace. But unlike you boys, we finish what we start... no matter the game. Oh, and big congrats on pointing out all the teams you CONSTANTLY lose to. Must be such an honor just to play them. Heck, you’re like the Washington Generals of Championship Sundays... you constantly show up, but you never win.

Speaking of championships... it’s called the North American CHALLENGE. Not Championship. Because I’m pretty sure your creampuff Divisional schedule filled with sub-30th ranked teams wouldn’t be in any Championships (unless we’re talking about our beloved Mini Mite Jamboree— HOLLA!!). Let’s keep focused on Sundays, shall we? When it matters. And not on your traditional Friday night Instagram sessions when the sled team from Yellowknife shows up for a tilt.

And to be clear, “just wait til next year” isn’t OUR mantra. It’s YOUR mantra. Like, “just wait til next year when less kids quit our team mid-season.” Or “just wait til next year when we stop pissing in each other’s bags because we’re a-holes.” Or, and my person favorite, “just wait til next year when these dick-pics finally develop and we can see who truly has the biggest Johnson!!!”

Such a wonderful locker room you have there. No wonder your focus stays on point for a strong “one and a half days” of every tournament.

Anyhow, thanks for the fire across the bow. A spirited back and forth is always welcomed. However, El Segundo is protected by an Iron Dome... and Hobo Village is nothing more than a pile of twigs. Stay warm, friend. It’s a long winter... and there are no banners in site.

Cheers.
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

jmac

• Mite
  • LR Justice +25/-42
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2018, 08:24:42 PM »

Emergency Alert
BALLISTIC MISSILE INBOUND FROM HOBO VILLAGE. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

HAHAHA!!! Look who made a funny! I genuinely laughed at a couple of your insults! Kudos!

However... I’ll have you know, the Girl Scouts take their Mini Mite Jamborees VERY seriously. It was both an honor and a privilege to crush those BB Super Elite teams back into their mommy’s loving embrace. But unlike you boys, we finish what we start... no matter the game. Oh, and big congrats on pointing out all the teams you CONSTANTLY lose to. Must be such an honor just to play them. Heck, you’re like the Washington Generals of Championship Sundays... you constantly show up, but you never win.

Speaking of championships... it’s called the North American CHALLENGE. Not Championship. Because I’m pretty sure your creampuff Divisional schedule filled with sub-30th ranked teams wouldn’t be in any Championships (unless we’re talking about our beloved Mini Mite Jamboree— HOLLA!!). Let’s keep focused on Sundays, shall we? When it matters. And not on your traditional Friday night Instagram sessions when the sled team from Yellowknife shows up for a tilt.

And to be clear, “just wait til next year” isn’t OUR mantra. It’s YOUR mantra. Like, “just wait til next year when less kids quit our team mid-season.” Or “just wait til next year when we stop pissing in each other’s bags because we’re a-holes.” Or, and my person favorite, “just wait til next year when these dick-pics finally develop and we can see who truly has the biggest Johnson!!!”

Such a wonderful locker room you have there. No wonder your focus stays on point for a strong “one and a half days” of every tournament.

Anyhow, thanks for the fire across the bow. A spirited back and forth is always welcomed. However, El Segundo is protected by an Iron Dome... and Hobo Village is nothing more than a pile of twigs. Stay warm, friend. It’s a long winter... and there are no banners in site.

Cheers.

Jesus...2-2 so far in a low level tourney (AKA, ‘Kings Special’) is NOT a good look after all the shit you’ve talked. The only thing we’ve come to expect more at one of your tourneys is a Kangaroo Jack special, where you get black out drunk and puke and shit yourself in front of the kids.
Has the coach’s new minion complained about playing time or who his kid is playing with yet? If not this crap fest of a tourney, I’m sure it’s not far off!

Cheers!

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2018, 02:30:30 PM »
Congrats to the Jr Kings and Jr Ducks for having two California teams in the top 5 on MHR.  Great to have 2 highly ranked teams in the same age group, like the 05's do.  Raising the bar for California hockey!

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2018, 06:00:17 AM »
That’s great !
Maybe we’llsfart producing some NHLers.
What are the rankings of the 05 teams?

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2018, 04:09:31 PM »
around 6 and 15 but used to be higher in previous years. pretty good to have 2 in the top 15 or 20 though. usually 1 socal team will be ranked high because they vacuumed up the talent and no other local team is close. or 2 local teams will have mediocre rankings.  Now we're starting to see 2 local teams both get in or near the top 10, which can only mean California hockey is progressing nicely, imo.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2018, 11:22:33 AM »
One of the prevailing themes of this forum is that the pool of 'AAA' caliber players at Squirt, Peewee and Bantam is infintesimally small.  The fact that we are talking about the entire state of California and that the geographic barriers and exorbitant travel costs are a significant barrier to a substantial portion of the available pool of players, makes this even more curious, but despite what many claim, competition seems to raise all boats if you look at the '05 year.  I also see signs that this is also happening at the '06 year.

It was the case through the Squirt and Peewee minor years, that one of the 2 AAA teams was better than the other, and there was even movement between the 2 teams, especially coming into this year, with the "stronger" team picking up a few of the top players from their opponent.  That would lead one to believe that the other team might be going down the drain.

Well a funny thing happens when kids play a sport.  They grow, and get better at it, and some kids figure things out and get bigger and stronger and if there is good coaching, they might even learn more about how to succeed as a member of a team. 

And in some cases, kids developed into capable AAA caliber players when perhaps in the past they were not thought to be able to play at that level by Cal hockey observers.   This year we have a Bantam AA club team that is routinely beating AAA teams.  But by all means, hopefully enough impediments can be put in place, and punishments handed out to any team that might lose to a team that is significantly better than they are, because that must mean that the kids on that team are garbage, and will never be able to hang with the better kids.

These predictions work best when you create a system that does its best to keep local teams from playing each other, and discourages the idea that teams might have competitive fluidity across the boundary created by the number of A's or B's in their division.

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2018, 12:42:54 PM »
Based on my limited experience with PW, the kids on the AAA teams are on the average "better" 11-12 yr old hockey players than the  kids on the AA teams, who are on the average "better" than the  kids on the A teams, and so on. But having said that, there  are a lot of kids on AA and even A teams that are better, even much better, 11-12 yr old hockey players than kids on AAA teams. Cost of AAA hockey is definitely an impediment to many. And, as you say, kids develop at different rates; so, a kid playing PW A today might develop into a "better"  Bantam  player than a kid playing PWAAA today.  There definitely seems to be too much emphasis at the younger levels on the number of As than on having fun and developing skills. 

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »
Jmac
“All those weak tourneys as warmup must be the secret to beating the Ducks!!”
Suck It Hard!!!
Also enjoy your drive up north!!  Sorry I meant down south  to Hobo Village!
Keep the banner for another month. After all it is winter.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:20:29 PM by Kangaroo Jack »
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2018, 08:20:57 PM »
Sounds like the jr kings beat the jr ducks.
What's that saying about karma?

Bobby Orr how will this affect the "rankings"?

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
I am guessing ducks will be 3 and kings go to 4. Pure speculation though.  I think the secret may be all the extra practice during the Kings AA1 team's monday night slot. The pond looked more crowded than a public session at LA live last night with a team and a half sharing half the ice. All that was missing was the Christmas tree in the middle.

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2018, 04:11:09 PM »
How come the Minnesota teams aren't in the rankings?
That's like having Canadian rankings without any Ontario teams.

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
How come the Minnesota teams aren't in the rankings?
That's like having Canadian rankings without any Ontario teams.

Minnesota and North Dakota do not conform to USA hockey.  If you look at the rankings there is a category for Minne-kota.  Growing up in Minnesota kids are placed by grade not birth year.  If you ever played the Squirt international tournament in North Dakota all the kids are a year older than our USA hockey teams based on when they started school

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2018, 05:52:05 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.
It seemed strange to leave out of the rankings the state that is the hockey hotbed in the  US and turns out by far the most American nhlers.