Author Topic: PWAAA  (Read 27933 times)

#4BobbyOrr

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +92/-100
Re: PWAAA
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
I am guessing ducks will be 3 and kings go to 4. Pure speculation though.  I think the secret may be all the extra practice during the Kings AA1 team's monday night slot. The pond looked more crowded than a public session at LA live last night with a team and a half sharing half the ice. All that was missing was the Christmas tree in the middle.

Racetonowhere

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2018, 04:11:09 PM »
How come the Minnesota teams aren't in the rankings?
That's like having Canadian rankings without any Ontario teams.

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
How come the Minnesota teams aren't in the rankings?
That's like having Canadian rankings without any Ontario teams.

Minnesota and North Dakota do not conform to USA hockey.  If you look at the rankings there is a category for Minne-kota.  Growing up in Minnesota kids are placed by grade not birth year.  If you ever played the Squirt international tournament in North Dakota all the kids are a year older than our USA hockey teams based on when they started school

Racetonowhere

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2018, 05:52:05 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.
It seemed strange to leave out of the rankings the state that is the hockey hotbed in the  US and turns out by far the most American nhlers.

#4BobbyOrr

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +92/-100
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2018, 11:29:45 PM »
MN and N Dakota birth year runs July 1 to June 30. Rest of USA is Jan 1 to Dec 31. They're still part of USA hockey but their oldest kids in every age group are 6 months older than the oldest kids in the same age group in other states so they don't rank them together. July through december 2006 born kids in MN are still in squirts, but are in Pee Wee everywhere else.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +97/-60
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

Just Saying

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-2
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2018, 10:03:05 AM »
Check out CA's 2005 PWAAA Major's in Quebec!

http://www.tournoipee-wee.qc.ca/en/stats/standing.html?season=9&category=25013

Anaheim Jr Ducks, 2-0 with a shutout W this morning over Boston Jr Terriers.  Goal Differential of +10 through their 2 games.

LA Jr Kings 1-0, goal differential of +1 & play Pittsburgh Penguins Elite tomorrow morning.

lcadad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +86/-95
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2018, 11:07:12 AM »
Good luck to both teams -- know some great kids on both squads.  Great to see the CA kids competing again like they did last year.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +97/-60
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2018, 02:19:28 PM »
It's a cold, cold day in Hobo Village...

Racetonowhere

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2018, 02:30:11 PM »
why do you say that?

Just Saying

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2018, 05:42:10 PM »
why do you say that?

The Jr Kings won the CAHA State Championship today over the Jr Ducks, and if you've been following... the Jr Kings will have taken home ANOTHER banner, while the Jr Ducks have won zero all season. So it's implied that the Jr Ducks will be very cold tonight since they don't have a banner to keep them warm.   

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-2
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2018, 09:33:00 PM »
Congratulations ‘06 Jr Kings!

Jr Kings organization also won the other 6 divisions of CAHA Tier 1.  Giving them a clean sweep of all 7 State Championships this year.

http://www.jrkingshockey.com/news_article/show/893601?referrer_id=3169460
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 09:35:39 PM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

Deuce

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-2
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2018, 09:44:54 PM »
Pretty impressive. Has that ever happened before?

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +97/-60
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »

Nope.  Never happened before.  7 State Championships.  Guess that ’06 Jr Duck parent karma for being total asshats has seeped into all of the Tier 1 divisions… and brought doom and gloom.  Like the ad says, We’re All Kings… but in this case, only the winners are Kings.

Anyhow, I’ll keep this brief.  This year, we’ve proven we’re the victors through and through.  You might win on Friday or Saturday, but on Championship Sunday, when it matters, and all the chips have been pushed into the middle of the table… you’re just posers.  One Championship banner might be a fluke… but two is a pattern.  The Hobo tyranny has come to an end.  The Darkside has been defeated.  And the Death Star has been destroyed.

Hope has prevailed… and the daddy coaches from Anaheim to North San Diego County weep over their failures.  Where did it all go wrong?  How did it fall apart so quickly?  Can our short-benched, mini-Mite Super All-Stars hold up one more year as our speed decreases and our whining increases?

The answer is NO.  It’s over, little ducklings.  Your soft, wimpy, scheming brand of hockey is over.  It’s NOT time to rebuild… it’s time to switch sports.  There’s nothing wrong with soccer.  Or water polo.  Or table tennis for that matter.

2018 is the year of the Kings.  And in closing… I wrote you a special Haiku:     

Cold Hobo Village
Bannerless Hobo Village
Sad Hobo Village

Double birds, boys.  Suck it hard.  And I’m out.
—KJ