This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PWAAA  (Read 90817 times)

LAhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +26/-25
Re: PWAAA
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2018, 01:52:24 PM »

Oh, wait… can we even still say Midget?  Is that PC?  Or is it the Little People Division?        😉

http://mihockey.com/2016/06/usa-hockey-removes-usage-of-traditional-age-classification-names-pee-wee-bantam-etc/

man! you have telepathy!

That will be a much needed improvement.  I am always supportive of ways to make the game better.  Hats off to SCAHA, CAHA, and USA Hockey for hitting the proverbial home run!

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »
The Lollipop guild wishes to enstate the designation of "Munchkin League"

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2018, 05:04:51 PM »

Umm… I see the Troll Bridge has been lowered and a Hobo Village Elder has been so kind as to visit us down here from the prestigious SoCal Midget Division.  I didn’t know hockey went past Bantams in SoCal… but you learn something new everyday!  Oh, wait… can we even still say Midget?  Is that PC?  Or is it the Little People Division?  We’ll go with that.. the 18UAAA Little People Division.  Good luck at the Little People Nationals… or whatever the heck it is.  😀

Anyhow, moving on…

If you haven’t noticed, my praise was for all Kings team, since it was quite an accomplishment, but my bread and butter is the 06 team. That’s PW Minor, if you didn’t know. We won the State Championship, and the team we beat, the Jr Duck 06 Mite Elite All-Stars, are at home as well.  We’re both on the couch playing PS4 right now.  In fact, we’re halfway through an awesome Fortnight campaign and we’re all friends again (they’re losing half their team next year… so they kinda have to be cool now that they’ll try to poach our players).

If you’re thinking that’s an infraction, it’s not. They’re the glorious Jr Ducks… and on my watch as CAHA Master & Commander, they do as they like (CHA-CHING!!! Another dollar in my pocket!). 🤑

Thanks for the thoughts, though.  Best of luck with your Little People National Championship ambitions.  And if that doesn’t work out… the Hot and Horny Housewives of Orange County are always looking for a good skate coach for their lil’ Corey Perrys.  And a lot more can come from that $40 an hour fee… if you know what I’m saying.  I think you do.          😉

Hey Jack:
How's your team looking this year?
Why the new coach?
What's up with your friends the Ducks?

FlySouthAAA

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-2
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
Heard the two teams met up in Lakewood yesterday. Anyone with details on the game? Jack?

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2018, 04:26:19 PM »
All rise. The Court of CAHA Shenanigans & Tomfoolery is now in session, the Honorable Judge Kangaroo Jack presiding.

Everyone please be seated, the jury has come to a decision in the matter of Jr Kings 06 v. Jr Ducks 06...

It has been said that real men do it twice… so I ask you, what about FOUR TIMES?!  Four times my beloved Jr Kings of LA have beaten your beleaguered Jr Ducks of Hobo Village.  FOUR TIMES in a row!  Just so we’re all on the same page, for there to be a rivalry, a REAL rivalry… you’re going to have to actually WIN a game one of these days!!  Come on, boys!!  You’re gonna need those new Bauer skates!! The ones with the carbon-coated steel AND the flexible tongue!!

However… as the newly-elected CAHA Senior Vice President of Shenanigans & Tomfoolery, I have to be more unbiased these days.  Sure, I’ll still influence a CAHA Weekend and place it in the anus of California or bury a roster investigation that my Orange County masters want nothing to do with or keep those big club Squirts playing up in the PWAA Flights their deep-pocketed parents desire… but when it comes to making fun of a once proud, pompous and downright entitled group of delusional 06 coaches and parents, I’m trying to keep things  above board these days.   

No more making fun of crapping the bed on Championship Monday.  No more mocking parents and coaches for years without a banner.  And no more ribbing my friends to the south about the stream of talent fleeing Hobo Village like a Walmart on Black Friday.  That ALL ends today! 

Because today… I’m all about bringing people together!  I’m all about the positive!  We’re all friends here in the world of hockey!  We’re all encouraging pals!

So, in the honor of friends… I’d like to add a new poem to my collection of poems inspired by you.  This one is a limerick, and I think you’ll like it:         

“A Duckling Winter”
by Kangaroo Jack[

Hobo Village again is sad
Daddy coaches frustrated and mad
No banners in your future
Your hearts need a suture

Yeah, it’s a little bleak.  It’s a little dark.  But I see it as motivation… and a new beginning, with you constantly beneath us.   

Very truly yours,
Kangaroo Jack
CAHA Sr. Vice President of Shenanigans & Tomfoolery

P.S. Always remember, follow your dreams, you are a unique and special snowflake cast down from Heaven.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:35:06 PM by Kangaroo Jack »
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2018, 05:22:37 PM »
All rise. The Court of CAHA Shenanigans & Tomfoolery is now in session, the Honorable Judge Kangaroo Jack presiding.

Everyone please be seated, the jury has come to a decision in the matter of Jr Kings 06 v. Jr Ducks 06...

It has been said that real men do it twice… so I ask you, what about FOUR TIMES?!  Four times my beloved Jr Kings of LA have beaten your beleaguered Jr Ducks of Hobo Village.  FOUR TIMES in a row!  Just so we’re all on the same page, for there to be a rivalry, a REAL rivalry… you’re going to have to actually WIN a game one of these days!!  Come on, boys!!  You’re gonna need those new Bauer skates!! The ones with the carbon-coated steel AND the flexible tongue!!

However… as the newly-elected CAHA Senior Vice President of Shenanigans & Tomfoolery, I have to be more unbiased these days.  Sure, I’ll still influence a CAHA Weekend and place it in the anus of California or bury a roster investigation that my Orange County masters want nothing to do with or keep those big club Squirts playing up in the PWAA Flights their deep-pocketed parents desire… but when it comes to making fun of a once proud, pompous and downright entitled group of delusional 06 coaches and parents, I’m trying to keep things  above board these days.   

No more making fun of crapping the bed on Championship Monday.  No more mocking parents and coaches for years without a banner.  And no more ribbing my friends to the south about the stream of talent fleeing Hobo Village like a Walmart on Black Friday.  That ALL ends today! 

Because today… I’m all about bringing people together!  I’m all about the positive!  We’re all friends here in the world of hockey!  We’re all encouraging pals!

So, in the honor of friends… I’d like to add a new poem to my collection of poems inspired by you.  This one is a limerick, and I think you’ll like it:         

“A Duckling Winter”
by Kangaroo Jack[

Daddy coaches frustrated and mad
No banners in your future
Your hearts need a suture

Yeah, it’s a little bleak.  It’s a little dark.  But I see it as motivation… and a new beginning, with you constantly beneath us.   

Very truly yours,
Kangaroo Jack
CAHA Sr. Vice President of Shenanigans & Tomfoolery

P.S. Always remember, follow your dreams, you are a unique and special snowflake cast down from Heaven.
Come on Kangaroo Zam !!.....your slipping.
I was expecting  this post last night. Like every pro that has tried to hold on too long, your taking too long to knock out sonething/someone than in years past
Step it up !!.....blare Eye Of The Tiger on your Walkman and get to it.  I know its still in you.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2018, 07:20:09 PM »

Just to add to EK’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day… the Jr Kings 07 beat the Jr Ducks 07 not once… but TWICE!  Ugh… the search for AAA help at every Russian orphanage and OC roller rink now has to include legally-documented 07s as well?!  God, this is hard work… but feel free to send those birth certificates my way, the official CAHA rubber stamp is ready!     

Warmly,
Kangaroo Jack
Sr. Vice President of Shenanigans & Tomfoolery
Director of the OC Ghost Rostering & Russian Orphan Outreach Program

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »

I offer a poem... as perhaps, my final goodbye to an ex-foe

Truly a sight to behold.
A team beaten.
The once great champs, now, a study in moppishness.
No longer the victory hungry stallions we've played so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champions

Kangaroo Jack

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2018, 05:43:26 PM »
Would you mind clarifying the rhyming scheme and meter that you are using in your poem?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »
Would you mind clarifying the rhyming scheme and meter that you are using in your poem?
Free verse poetry, must have been an English major.

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »
Free verse poetry, must have been an English major.

Look deeper, boys.  Deeper.  KJ is a muse... a bright, beautiful muse. 
I'm your Huckleberry

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »
Which Cali teams went and how are they doing in Quebec PW tournament?

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »
Ducks 1-1 out
Kings 1-1 still in

I guess it matters which order you lose in dumb way to run a tournament

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2019, 03:49:35 PM »
Ducks 1-1 out
Kings 1-1 still in

I guess it matters which order you lose in dumb way to run a tournament

Yes.  Single elimination after game one has always puzzled me.  Losing the first game to get to the losers side could actually be a "strategy."