This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: CIF & HS Hockey  (Read 10813 times)

AllEyesOnYou

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-3
CIF & HS Hockey
« on: January 25, 2018, 01:49:55 PM »

Does anybody have any info to the rumor that CIF is pushing to integrate and oversee the ADHSHL and LAKHSHL in 2018-2019?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
Re: CIF & HS Hockey
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:00:31 PM »
No but I heard CAHA will not be allowing kids to play Tier and HS next season.

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:16:50 PM »
More restrictions in attempts to save their relevancy.  Let them do it.  It will just accelerate the inevitable. 

HockeyPop2297

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-6
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 06:22:07 PM »
Can confirm CIF has taken note of HS hockey growth in state and regional reps supposed to get local input... whatever all that means. Suspect still a few years away. Interesting rumor about not allowing players to do Tier and HS hockey. Going to create even more friction between clubs and schools. Can’t imagine the “Big 2” clubs will allow tampering with their double-revenue stream. If someone wants to pay for both... they are more than happy to cash the checks?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 06:59:23 PM »
Can confirm CIF has taken note of HS hockey growth in state and regional reps supposed to get local input... whatever all that means. Suspect still a few years away. Interesting rumor about not allowing players to do Tier and HS hockey. Going to create even more friction between clubs and schools. Can’t imagine the “Big 2” clubs will allow tampering with their double-revenue stream. If someone wants to pay for both... they are more than happy to cash the checks?

Yes I just want to confirm this is only rumor at this point it's not written about CAHA.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 03:42:45 PM »
As a coach who has been involved with CIF sports for SEVERAL years  (not hockey)... you do not want CIF to touch high school hockey.  They will put their rules and regulations all over it and every team will have to be a pure team... no going to Irvine but playing for Woodbridge,  no district teams....  I guess it would slow the growth,  which IMO HS hockey is growing too fast

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »

That would get rid of more than half the league.  That would be a shame and the quality of hockey would be pretty lousy

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 06:43:36 AM »

That would get rid of more than half the league.  That would be a shame and the quality of hockey would be pretty lousy

From a CAHA board member word is this was just rumor not happening next year.