This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: THA Recruiting  (Read 10657 times)

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
THA Recruiting
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »
Tahoe Hockey trolling the Vacaville lobby talking to specific parents...

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....
Re: THA Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:45:28 AM »
Good for them..... Isn't that what they are suppose to do

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »

At what event?

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 11:10:05 AM »

At what event?

Watching the 16u division. 

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 06:52:06 PM »
Good for them..... Isn't that what they are suppose to do

Yes! That's where they should be shopping.

locked out

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-3
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 07:05:09 AM »
Anyone know what it costs?

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 07:07:43 AM »

I recall it's 30k a year.

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:03:49 AM »

It depends they have scholarships. This is my sons 2nd year there and its been well worth it, with the amount of exposure ice time and games. We will making are first unofficial college visit in the spring which he was contacted by them...

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »

It depends they have scholarships. This is my sons 2nd year there and its been well worth it, with the amount of exposure ice time and games. We will making are first unofficial college visit in the spring which he was contacted by them...

Congrats to your son.

Pulsarhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +13/-1
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 12:25:46 PM »
For anyone considering them, do some research.  Do not just listen to one side.  Ask people who have been there and ask about the coaches and in-dorm staff.  Also, look into their education.  It is probably the right fit for some and not for others.  They play in the Anaheim Ducks High School League with very long bus rides to and from. 

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 12:56:15 PM »
For anyone considering them, do some research.  Do not just listen to one side.  Ask people who have been there and ask about the coaches and in-dorm staff.  Also, look into their education.  It is probably the right fit for some and not for others.  They play in the Anaheim Ducks High School League with very long bus rides to and from.

The bus rides are the best thing for the boys..... ;D  Dont get me wrong there are good things and bad things from my son attending THA for the last 2 years. Yes bus rides suck but that comes with the territory. If your boy works hard enough to make the the Prep team alot of exposure and good hockey especially next year with anticipation of being accepted into the NAHL prep league. The dorms are top notch and the training as well. The schooling well since my kid left his GPA has gone from 2.3 Freshman year to 3.4 Sophomore to 3.7 as a Junior so no complaints from me. I am always willing to answering questions if you want to PM..

doncherrysucks

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-15
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »
Is the education that much better than someone taking AP courses at a public school?   Or is the curriculum watered down to achieve higher grades using an online school system?

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 08:00:24 AM »
My son this year has 3 classes on line and 2 classes that he takes at SLTHS. He has 2 AP classes right now 1 online and 1 in class and is doing very well in both of those. I dont think online classes are for every kid you have to be very discipline and put in the actual class time. The one thing THA has done and is very strict on is all players have to maintain a 3.0 or higher or they cant step on the ice unless they have that 3.0. The coaches have Tuesday night grade checks with all the boys and send out weekly updates on the boys. The program is not perfect but they are trying to help these boys grow, some get it some dont. My son gets it most of the time. lol

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »
Looks Like the recruiting is going well for THA. They had 4 boys come up to experience a day in the life.......  I believe this is the third one in the last month.... And I know they have already had many kids already commit for next year and sign the paperwork....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:22:24 AM by hipcheck34 »