This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Let’s talk coaches and coaching  (Read 7074 times)

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
Let’s talk coaches and coaching
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:27:49 AM »
Id like to hear from everyone and who they think are the
Best coaches at the Bantam and Midget Tier level hockey are.

I’m my opinion i see a lot of coaches that can train well ( privates) but don’t really
Develop kids in practice and game situations.

Kids aren’t being held accountable and lines are simply just rolled.
Not sure we can mention names but from what  I’ve seen at the Bantam AA level
The Bears Bantam AA obviously have a great coach.
And i think Empire Bantam AA have done an amazing job with what they have ( they lost a few solid players in the last two seasons)
And OC 1 when the Vancouver Canucks head coach was on the bench. (Upset the bears)

So, let’s hear it... who do you like??

Into the Boards

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
Re: Let’s talk coaches and coaching
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 07:38:41 PM »
Tough question.  It is more about getting the most out of the players you have.  Any decent could coach those AAA Bears players and still win a ton of games.

Most coaches at AA are pretty good.  Some, like Reign and Ducks 2, didn't do the kids any favors by playing in AA.  Both were clearly A teams.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: Let’s talk coaches and coaching
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 07:48:45 PM »
Certainly with a talented team, a decent coach can produce wins. But the Bears team was coached by the same coach since Squirts.  Certainly some players have come and go, but Torrson has to get a lot of credit for how they developed, their fundamentals, conditioning and understanding of team concepts. 

Of course very few people are afforded the opportunity to have their kids stay with an elite coach for 5 years.